Diablo® III

I'm going to blame new patch for our mess.

03/18/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Junger
Now a billion gold is $44

How do you figure that? Is that by buying some commodity on the RMAH then reselling it on the GAH?
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:48 AMPosted by BDF
How do you figure that? Is that by buying some commodity on the RMAH then reselling it on the GAH?

Third Party sellers that may or may not speak English as their primary language.
Reply Quote
That's because getting gear like that cost billions in 1.06, which back then was actually worth thousands of dollars. Now a billion gold is $44. Also, comparable gear is abundantly available. There are more "godly" players around because you can get "godly" gear for the price of a Big Mac Combo Meal.

but isn't it all relative? Gold can be cheap but now, same 1b item back in 1.06 costs 2b or 3b now? I know back then 1b was out of the reach. Still wasn't 1b item now used to be 500m back then? and 2b items are now not much available in GAH b/c they are probably in 3b or 4b range. One time most recently I saw no 6cc mempo in GAH and they were all in RMAH. that was not the case back in 1.06.

so yes, gold might be cheap but Godly items have gone up in 3B+ and most of them seem like they are sold in private sales or RMAH.
Reply Quote
I'm sticking to 90%+ mitigation regardless of patches etc.. Bring some challenging content in the future and I'll cruise trough, even in prismatic if needed..
Reply Quote
@Niko but you got crazy AR protection ~ don't you have like 1000+ar? so you are excused.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of comparable items available, as much much more affordable prices. Sure, a 6cc/9ias mempo is going to run 3.5B+ or $250 on the RMAH, but you can get a 5cc/9ias mempo for a measly 1.5B, which is $70. That would have cost $150+ in 1.06. You can get a 9cc/9ias/30cd Taskers for 200M, which is $9, or an even better trifecta for less than 500M. That would have ran $100+ in 1.06. You get the drift, Supply has gone up, Demand has stayed about the same, or is less. P's and Q's.

So things aren't exactly relative, since availability has gone up, content has remained about the same, and purchasing power is more affordable than ever.

Edit: btw, what's the mess your'e referring to again?
Edited by Junger#1623 on 3/18/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:00 AMPosted by yodatoy
don't you have like 1000+ar?

http://d3up.com/b/323679/view/slug/mysteria
Yeah..
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Junger
Edit: btw, what's the mess your'e referring to again?

Our regearing to increase dps and lowering ehp when we should all have just stayed the same at 5000+armor and 800+ar.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I think that's just a concious decision of people's itemization. SK on MP10 hasn't changed, Magda's flies haven't changed. Uber SB's RD was buffed. I don't think people just up and changed their itemization strategy because RD was "nerfed" in 1.07 (I also recall people on the PTR saying that you still needed about the same mitigation because although the RD effect was periodic, when it was up it was still deadly), I think it's just availability of good DPS gear, either from crafting, or dupes, or what have you.

I mean, if you want that feeling of exclusivity again, set a new standard, 400K DPS, 5K armor, 800AR, 90% mitigation etc.
Reply Quote
Don't need all that eHP.

Need enough eHP to not die on sight. Need DPS to clear content.

eHP is great and all, I loved my 850/5000 setup @ 235k, but 330k 875/3800 is another level of speed.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Junger
I mean, if you want that feeling of exclusivity again, set a new standard, 400K DPS, 5K armor, 800AR, 90% mitigation etc.

This would be something...
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Junger
400K DPS, 5K armor, 800AR, 90% mitigation etc.
even possible as sns wiz unbuffed?
Reply Quote
That's 100k DPS booz, and you still have crazy AR lol that's another level of gear. I believe most can only get like 30k-40k DPS max going all the way down to 700/4k.
Reply Quote
yes..did u see that dagger eu wiz? 400k dps with 4200armor and 800ar
Reply Quote
First world problems for sure. Ain't never gonna hear me complaining the game is too easy :P
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:32 AMPosted by novice
That's 100k DPS booz, and you still have crazy AR lol that's another level of gear. I believe most can only get like 30k-40k DPS max going all the way down to 700/4k.

Yea I know, it was pretty significant.

I didn't mention I lost 7% dodge and at least 6% CC though :P

Those were significant losses even though I gained over 10k HP and 100k DPS.

I'm not complaining, MP10 is a comfortable pace with this new setup.
Reply Quote
You mean lightning pace. I know you mean it. Time to try to get to Frostburn pace !
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Void
yes..did u see that dagger eu wiz? 400k dps with 4200armor and 800ar

Well to be fair those are his stats with 10 apoc, and using glass cannon. Since apoc hotfix he would have to change some things around, no more 3 aps or huge HP from mempo.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/hazart-2626/hazartWizard/5122359
Reply Quote
I never got off the mitigation train myself.. I think b/c I had enough glass cannon experience playing a DH.
Reply Quote
I don't understand people who drop mitigation so greatly--do not poison pools, if nothing else, kick you butts?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]