Diablo® III

I'm going to blame new patch for our mess.

No, guys like APh or Boozor kill most Elites before they spawn too many pools. But I have to agree if under 300k DPS going glassy is quite dangerous.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Ossian
I don't understand people who drop mitigation so greatly--do not poison pools, if nothing else, kick you butts?

Maybe I can't speak for myself but being @ 3 APS affords me some luxuries.

Mainly LOH boosts allow me to tank certain situations without fail.

The worst affix for me is electrify, since I don't have 20-25% dodge, I really feel the extra heat from 3-4 electrify packs so I stay outa the middle of them til 1-2 go down, then I bring the pain.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Boozor
The worst affix for me is electrify, since I don't have 20-25% dodge, I really feel the extra heat from 3-4 electrify packs so I stay outa the middle of them til 1-2 go down, then I bring the pain.

Even in your current spec? I usually farm with GC and BM, and I feel invincible once I start windup. The leech 1.5% LS gives you at (in my case) 294k unbuffed with GC, MW, DF is insane.
Edited by Niko#2983 on 3/18/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Junger
at least in 1.06, it was impressive to look at Shandlar's set up or Darshu's set up. You looked at their profiles over and over again and said, wow...he must be Godly.

That's because getting gear like that cost billions in 1.06, which back then was actually worth thousands of dollars. Now a billion gold is $44. Also, comparable gear is abundantly available. There are more "godly" players around because you can get "godly" gear for the price of a Big Mac Combo Meal.

Bringing back the value meals??? My wizard is worth Atleast 50 Big Macs
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:32 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
Take solace in the fact that DHs are now the de facto red-headed stepchildren of D3.

How is that? DH rule the world in PvP, and they nerfed DH's worst enemy RD. And exploding the Grim Reaper mark on using Sever to do 12% of 43million damage in 20 yards is a lot of fun for those proficient in abusing it. :p

I still play my wizard fondly, but I've got monk as my 2nd-favourite class now too :p
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Niko

Even in your current spec? I usually farm with GC and BM, and I feel invincible once I start windup. The leech 1.5% LS gives you at (in my case) 294k unbuffed with GC, MW, DF is insane.

No, in my current spec the LS from blood magic makes up for the extra mitigation loss since i'm pushing 400k+ dps the Life return is huge. My unbuffed DPS is 312k dps w/o follower. With follower its 325k. After DF i'm @ around 371k dps.

My standard spec for keeps + act 3 is safe passage and blur passage. Wormhole for vault.

However without blood magic, I can't stand in the middle of elec pack without taking heavy damage.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:32 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Bringing back the value meals??? My wizard is worth Atleast 50 Big Macs

fattyyyyyyyyyy
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:32 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
Take solace in the fact that DHs are now the de facto red-headed stepchildren of D3.
Reply Quote
I want the difficulty at the beginning of 105 back (which blizz claimed was a bug). Well, I don't care no more since I am cashing out.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Delfius

How is that? DH rule the world in PvP, and they nerfed DH's worst enemy RD. And exploding the Grim Reaper mark on using Sever to do 12% of 43million damage in 20 yards is a lot of fun for those proficient in abusing it. :p

I still play my wizard fondly, but I've got monk as my 2nd-favourite class now too :p

I'm one of those Sever people. And that's what we're left to resort to :)
Reply Quote
Just

play

HC.
Reply Quote
First of all, not everyone plays cm/ww wiz, so speak for yourself.

The fact was that RD elites were just so OP compared to other affixes that it became the affix of doom more then any other by a mile.

Gearing EHP and mitigation around one single affix is stupid game design, and blizzard realized that. With my DPS, there is no amount of mitigation that can protect me from the RD. It would absolutely mandate a 3% lifesteal weapon plus blood magic to deal with RD since that's all the options we have as Archons. Mandated gear around one affix = dumb. Overall challenge of all affixes = good.

If they are going to do anything in the future, I could possibly support reducing the damage RD reflects, but further buff plagued/molten/elect and others if you want a harder game.

All I want is balance. Not one OP affix like RD was in 1.06.
Edited by James1v12#1875 on 3/18/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't buff Plague anymore T_T
Reply Quote
i dont really understand the point of this thread, you are complaining because super high EHP is not needed anymore? Who cares I dont think most people play WIZARD to be a tank, just because we ended up being the best "tanks" in the game due to our freezing.

glass cannon 4 life!
Reply Quote
View profile
thing is Yoda you like to farm in groups... groups can be a clusterf with spread out elites sometimes two packs launching all sorts of stuff so you gottta be tank to get it under control. Usually, solo, I run GC and OS wand but i dont tell no body about it.

Bottom line solo you can go pretty glass.. groups especially when ur only CM not so much
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/18/2013 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 10:48 AMPosted by StareDevil
I never got off the mitigation train myself.. I think b/c I had enough glass cannon experience playing a DH.

Haha ive never seen one worth a crap.
Reply Quote
Amazing... I've been gone from D3 for almost 4 months and ya'll are still discussing and arguing over the same !@#$...

/sigh... well, this was a good reminder of why I'm not coming back yet (if ever).
Reply Quote
I have been in some other game forums and people argue about the same stuff for years. Surprised !
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:34 AMPosted by BDF
If you can't facetank mp10 skeleking uber baseball swing, than I don't consider you a top-tier SNS wiz.

I love everyones different perspective of a "top-teir SNS".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]