Diablo® III

I'm going to blame new patch for our mess.

03/18/2013 05:27 PMPosted by EmperorMao
You're only top-tier if you live on the top floor of your building.

I live in a single story house. Woot - top teir!
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Aphraell
If you can't facetank mp10 skeleking uber baseball swing, than I don't consider you a top-tier SNS wiz.

I love everyones different perspective of a "top-teir SNS".

For me my CM spec was born out of a want to be useful in high mp ubers, so for me freezing and surviving were always top priority. I never farm SNS, so that heavily colors my view of what makes a CM wiz top/not.
Reply Quote
You dont need to run SNS for the freeze untility in group Ubers. Your prob better off running CM/WW and use Crystal Shell and Prismatic Armor for Group play if your main goal is to freeze and live.

Though I do understand your view completely. I don't run Ubers (pointless imo unless they fix the ring) so I dont have to worry about dying effecting my/groups play.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Aphraell
Though I do understand your view completely. I don't run Ubers (pointless imo unless they fix the ring) so I dont have to worry about dying effecting my/groups play.

I'm only doing ubers to help friends out who need/want a freeze wizard now.

It is a 30minute exercise to get brimstone.
Reply Quote
I never stopped getting more EHP, as a WD.

I currently have a 9:2 EHP/DPS ratio.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/wtflag-1258/Dhalsim/25014536

Also, don't stop believing in EHP because the i don't believe perm-freeze will last forever. I'm not suggesting they nerf CM wizards, but I have a feeling that when expansions comes out, there will be some content immune to CC.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sledge-fist. <--- this guy is getting ilevel 63 stats.

The final boss of the expansion is very likely to be completely immune to CC.
Reply Quote
Play all classes - complete nerf-immunity.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 08:33 PMPosted by novice
Play all classes - complete nerf-immunity.

+1 :-)
Well not exactly nerf immunity. Wiz is still my main, but at least even if we get nerfed into oblivion, I have other characters to fall back on.
Reply Quote
lol @ ubers

Belial ftw
Reply Quote
Much money you have spent
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Wtflag
The final boss of the expansion is very likely to be completely immune to CC.

Its still about white mobs and density.

Most of the 'uber farming' etc is quite pointless from a 'farming' perspective for XP or items.
Reply Quote
itemization will hopefully change / improve cm boringness.

But really, doesn't much matter if you're 10k dps or 300k dps if you run with an EP monk you really just need to freeze mobs for a few seconds before they all get one shotted. Elites..maybe 10-15 seconds?

run with an EP monk on mp10 and watch / laugh as everything dies so fast you can barely get enough cm procs to refresh cooldowns.
Reply Quote
I actually build CM/SNS for the dps it can provide, which able to kill packs faster than archon in higher MP level, with a very high multiplier,

it means every point of dps will be multiplied by a lot, which will increase life generated from life steal at the same time.
Reply Quote
I am really disappointed lately.

In the last month, i have achieved some cool upgrades (crafts, ammy and gems) but now i'm stuck on 230 DPS / 340 EHP (according to d3up.com). This is not a bad thing, i can solo MP6 easily.

I cannot upgrade my gear anymore. Items on AH are insanely overpriced. I really need a 2-socket Manticore, but it will cost me at least 200 mil to get a better weapon. WTF, i can't farm all that gold. CC Nat's Reflection? Forget about it. CC Mempo? OMFGZOR

Basically, i have been doing these two things. And it sucks big time.

- Paragon lvling at MP2, ACT3
- Farming brim-legs at MP6, ACT3

Boring. I'll be back after 1.08.

Sorry for my bad english :)
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 10:09 AMPosted by EmperorMao
The !@#$ are you doing in the Wizard forums?

Another Toyoda thread made the front page, calm down. Go be a douche here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354996/
Edited by Junger#1623 on 3/19/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Another Toyoda thread made the front page, calm down. Go be a douche here:

who are you referring to?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 10:38 AMPosted by yodatoy
who are you referring to?

The guy I quoted in my post, Chairman Mao. (fixed the quote for you Toyoda, yw).

Don't get me wrong, I love poignant posts directed at idiots, but that guy didn't deserve that response.
Edited by Junger#1623 on 3/19/2013 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]