Diablo® III

Favorite XP Route

I have a wizard which I hit level 60 last week. I have been working on the paragon levels by replaying inferno act III over and over but it gets boring after one run through.

What are some runs that you use? '
Reply Quote
I like to start at Betrayer of the Horadrim, run through cistern hopefully get a couple of stacks then clear oasis ruins. Then follow the quest line to Vault of the Assassin and Kulle. Finish up at Belial.

It's nothing special but the caves and VotA are my favorite areas. I also like to play public games so the pace is pretty fast.
Reply Quote
I usually start at the Core Arreat, then Tower of the Damned level 1. If I get 5 stacks from that I head to Arreat Crater Level 2, then Rakkis, then Depths 2. If I don't get 5 stacks after Tower of the Damned I head to Tower of the Cursed or Stonefort until 5 stacks. I run on MP 2 with my Archon Wizard.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
For a change of scenery from the usual Act III run, I like to start in Act I with the quest: The Cursed Hold. I get my five stacks of Nephelem Valor in the Festering Woods-Crypt of the Ancients, and Cemetery of the Forsaken. Once I have a full stack of Nephelem Valor I kill the Key Warden, and go down to the Halls of Agony to fight my way down to the Butcher.

You may also be interested to learn that we're looking to make some improvements to monster density in patch 1.0.8 for Monster Power 1 (and higher) in Inferno difficulty. This should help provide some farming diversity for players who are at that level of gameplay. Wyatt delved into the goals behind this change a little further here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#75

Personally, I am excited to see what new routes players prefer for their farming runs, and what classes excel at different areas. Is there a particular area you would like to farm, but currently don’t?
Reply Quote
I'd be excited to see a patch........
Reply Quote
For a change of scenery from the usual Act III run, I like to start in Act I with the quest: The Cursed Hold. I get my five stacks of Nephelem Valor in the Festering Woods-Crypt of the Ancients, and Cemetery of the Forsaken. Once I have a full stack of Nephelem Valor I kill the Key Warden, and go down to the Halls of Agony to fight my way down to the Butcher.

You may also be interested to learn that we're looking to make some improvements to monster density in patch 1.0.8 for Monster Power 1 (and higher) in Inferno difficulty. This should help provide some farming diversity for players who are at that level of gameplay. Wyatt delved into the goals behind this change a little further here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#75

Personally, I am excited to see what new routes players prefer for their farming runs, and what classes excel at different areas. Is there a particular area you would like to farm, but currently don’t?

Why not implement an endgame map generator system instead of having to replay quests? Also will there be changes to the way players must do to generate new monsters instead of having to exit to the main screen and start a new quest? How about a ctrl+click on entrance to start a new instance?
Reply Quote
Particularly I just want more content, more events, more uniq monsters, and more interesting items. An area id love to farm would be the spider area in act 1 and night jungle in act 2
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Grimiku

Nice. Word for word the exact run I use to make with my monk back when I was stuck in Act I and trying to farm up gear for Act II. I found my first lvl60 legendary on that run. I still run it whenever I want to remember those days.
Reply Quote
I bind my monk to vault of assassin, for short 15mins run, i get 5 stacks in the vault.

Then run around act 2 usually ending with key holder at Oasis. Most players avoid act 2 becos of Lacuni and irritating bees .... ><;

I really hope Blizzard can buff up act 4. I really like that place.
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 3/19/2013 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Why not implement an endgame map generator system instead of having to replay quests? Also will there be changes to the way players must do to generate new monsters instead of having to exit to the main screen and start a new quest? How about a ctrl+click on entrance to start a new instance?

Interesting idea on the map generator, sounds like a way to make people want to have fun and not just farm. Could do off shoot portals or something. Honestly it could be something like the hell rifts in Act 4, but have them randomly put through all the Acts and not in a specific area of the Act (Therefore making you play the Acts). Have the entrance or portal protected by something like a Key Warden, but has the possibility of escaping like a goblin. I mean....these creatures are getting to Sactuary somehow right?

Side note: We've had funny posts about things like, "where do you think goblins go when they escape?" Wouldn't it be interesting to actually GO where goblins escape to? Just a thought...I always imagine a place with piles and piles of gold (does that make me greedy?).
Reply Quote

I used to run this when getting past Act 2 Inferno was nearly impossible XD~
Bah! I even run the wife of Hedrig when every elites in the game were suicide XD
Ahh those days.
Reply Quote

Yea, I really like doing full-act clears (1, 2 and 3) and since 1.0.7 I stopped doing that for Act 1, because the Spider Caverns and Cathedral level 1 are now a complete wastes of time. (1 guaranteed elite in those huge places). I would like to go back doing full act 1 clears if those area got 3-4 guaranteed elites :)

Also, since NV stacks carry over now, it would be fun to clear act 3 and then clear act 4 since it's kind of short. Right now I stop after Rakanoth.
Edited by SilverD#2963 on 3/19/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

i enjoy doing mp10 runs of crypt of the ancients, its quite good xp and the loot is improved because of the mp level, so it suites both xp and loot

a little off topic but is there a reason the community managers never post pictures of themselves in game or ever talk about their characters, i think it would be kinda neat to know what you guys play, what parts of the game you like the most(bosses etc), what paragon level you are maybe!
Reply Quote
View profile

Every area deserves at least 1 random major event (in the long run IMO). I'm a fan of act 1, but there's many places that are simply not worth your time. Pretty much the entire "old road and old Tristam" is not worth it. There should be elite packs there, and the random "caves under the well (etc.)" should have at least 1 elite in them!

That should be a good start. If you want people to start farming from quest 1, there should be elites in those early paths.
Reply Quote
I would love if all the bosses spawned and all waypoints were open once discovered (just like Diablo 2).

Let me choose the Diablo quest, and let me go to back to any act any time. Able to fight any boss. Then the game would be truly open to farm wherever you want.

Being forced down the linear quest lines is not fun, especially when playing through the quests is so unrewarding. I find myself playing alone instead of in public games for that reason alone. Even though I'd rather play with others.

Monster density will help but it won't fix the fact that doing quests, playing the game from start to finish is both boring and unrewarding.

I imagine most people will still just pick one of the last quests in an act, and quit when the act boss is killed if this is not implemented.
Edited by DeadDragon#1455 on 3/19/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Lemons
Why not implement an endgame map generator system instead of having to replay quests?

Very good idea. Select your map type (dungeon, open field etc) and go. The map should feature some random side-rooms, as well as a random "boss"-type elite that you can face after getting your NV.

Also, +1 for the idea of re-populating levels without exiting and losing your NV. Just let us farm already.
Reply Quote
Act IV should be nothing but Elite mobs. Constantly. Diablo is invading Heaven. He should bring along his "best of the best" monsters only.

How about creating a Monster Shrine. Remember those from D2?

Or maybe a Monster Portal that when you open it, it spawns a 1000 monsters, with every 5 packs being an Elite group?

This game needs more subplots/subquests. I want a quest that grants me the ability to name a weapon....socket a weapon...make a magical item legendary...etc.

Act I is good to farm. I go from Cem of Forsaken to Festering Woods to Fields of Misery to Southern Highlands, and then to Halls. It's a good run that usually gets me at least 400K in gold.
Act II is lame due to annoying mobs that take too much time to kill for the reward they offer.
Act III is the best to farm IMO. Everything in Act III is good to run.
Act IV is lame due to Mob density and shortness of it.

I LOVE farming caves. There's no need to roam around a huge map trying to find things to kill. You can stay on one trail and expect to run into something every twenty steps or so.
Reply Quote
All they need to do is make some huge map which respawns monsters every like 20-30 minutes. Then people could just keep clearing things in large groups. Drops and exp could be scaled as well where it resembles something similar to other acts in terms of exp and item gains for same time.

People then wouldn't need to keep remaking games nonstop just to find stuff to kill.

There's no real reason to farm outside of act 3 because of the exp gains, mob density, and readily easy layout / access to main areas via wps.

the map could be accessible after you reach a certain NV or just level 60. It would be like the cow level in d2 to grind out levels by sheer volume. It would be interesting to see a combination / mixture of act 2 mobs with act 4 mobs.

Imagine bees spitting at you while you try and avoid the pools of poison from those guys in act 3... all avoiding the hurling fireballs of act4 subjators .
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Risen
why does it feel that blues create this kind of topic using fakes just so they can have something positive to post on? hahahahahha

There is indeed positive threads around here, including some positive new directions Blizz seems to be interested in taking.

Hopefully it all works out. Would love to see this game bounce back and claim the title it should have had all along.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]