Diablo® III

Favorite XP Route

i think i would like to farm on every acts, every quest

with some characters and build, some maps will be nice fun
cool and simple update
Edited by Zenjin#2197 on 4/5/2013 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I love the Drowned Temple quest, simply because I think it's fun and there are a couple of opportunities for events.

I've had the most luck with Machines of War, Siegebreaker and HOS, but running the same paths over and over again gets boring fast.

One problem I've run into is that it is more difficult to find open games from acts 1 and 2, even though some quests offer quite a few elite packs, Staff of Herding ingredients and Keys. Everyone seems to be playing in Act 3, which is fine unless you've run this act for the billionth time and start to crave some variety.
Reply Quote
i been going vault of the assassin

then desolate sands, and clear it.

then black canyon mines.

this is more for fun than xp.
Edited by Diurnal#1803 on 3/19/2013 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Side note: We've had funny posts about things like, "where do you think goblins go when they escape?" Wouldn't it be interesting to actually GO where goblins escape to? Just a thought...I always imagine a place with piles and piles of gold (does that make me greedy?).

That's a really neat idea, though I have no idea how much of a headache it would be to implement it.

Perhaps give a player X% chance to follow a gob through a portal and wind up in a place like the Cave Under the Well?
Reply Quote
WTB a way to peek at blue's builds
Reply Quote

Personally, I am excited to see what new routes players prefer for their farming runs, and what classes excel at different areas. Is there a particular area you would like to farm, but currently don’t?

Act 1, same route, then kill the butcher, Waypoint to act 3 and run.... oh wait i have to leave the game to do that. never mind...
Reply Quote

Why not implement an endgame map generator system instead of having to replay quests? Also will there be changes to the way players must do to generate new monsters instead of having to exit to the main screen and start a new quest? How about a ctrl+click on entrance to start a new instance?

then everyone will be using the "infinite dungeon" rather than the game itself.

personally open world is the way to go. along with surprises .

eg: everytime you start an open world game, then it should like do announcements for

"bonus goblin horde in maps 1,2,3,4,5 (where they are the LEAST played maps you did before"
"bonus legendary for clearing maps 6,7,8 under 15 minutes"
"bonus amulet legendary for breaking ALL containers in map 10 "
Reply Quote
You may also be interested to learn that we're looking to make some improvements to monster density in patch 1.0.8 for Monster Power 1 (and higher) in Inferno difficulty.

I would really love to see a version of Monster Power that set all mobs to level 63, 100% health, 100% damage, 0 bonuses with the new monster density. As a self found, solo player even with 100k DPS I find it faster to mow down mobs at MP 0 than even MP 1. 50% longer to kill for 25% XP just doesn't add up for me.

That said, my ideal route would be starting at the beginning of act 1 and ending with the death of Diablo killing every last thing in between. Running the same short route over and over again just get's too boring too fast. I.E. key farming, I just can't do it.

But the reality is anything beside act 3 just isn't worth it because of mob density, so I've been mostly full clearing act 3.
Reply Quote
For a change of scenery from the usual Act III run, I like to start in Act I with the quest: The Cursed Hold. I get my five stacks of Nephelem Valor in the Festering Woods-Crypt of the Ancients, and Cemetery of the Forsaken. Once I have a full stack of Nephelem Valor I kill the Key Warden, and go down to the Halls of Agony to fight my way down to the Butcher.

You may also be interested to learn that we're looking to make some improvements to monster density in patch 1.0.8 for Monster Power 1 (and higher) in Inferno difficulty. This should help provide some farming diversity for players who are at that level of gameplay. Wyatt delved into the goals behind this change a little further here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#75

Personally, I am excited to see what new routes players prefer for their farming runs, and what classes excel at different areas. Is there a particular area you would like to farm, but currently don’t?

Why is monster density only for mp1 and higher? Why not mp0?
Reply Quote
Thinking the same thing. Why MP1 and higher? Does it mess with the balance for fresh lvl60's playing inferno for the first time on MP0?
Reply Quote
For a change of scenery from the usual Act III run, I like to start in Act I with the quest: The Cursed Hold. I get my five stacks of Nephelem Valor in the Festering Woods-Crypt of the Ancients, and Cemetery of the Forsaken. Once I have a full stack of Nephelem Valor I kill the Key Warden, and go down to the Halls of Agony to fight my way down to the Butcher.

Above mentioned run might be good in one case if Butcher give me good items. Also you want change density of mob packs pls look on mobs in Act3 and Act1 and you see that mob different which pack of mobs you want increase zombie? this type of mobs not quickly run than scorpions in Act3 and also i obtain experience in Act3 more quickly than in Act1 also do you have a big place for place mob packs in Halls of Agony?? i am not see such place on this level for mob packs.
Reply Quote

Above mentioned run might be good in one case if Butcher give me good items. Also you want change density of mob packs pls look on mobs in Act3 and Act1 and you see that mob different which pack of mobs you want increase zombie? this type of mobs not quickly run than scorpions in Act3 and also i obtain experience in Act3 more quickly than in Act1 also do you have a big place for place mob packs in Halls of Agony?? i am not see such place on this level for mob packs.

in the halls of agonies, there are big central areas and areas that are subdivided in rooms that you can fill with 30 mob per room... there also isn't a problem of having 12 zombies a second coming out of the fireplace...
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/20/2013 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

You may also be interested to learn that we're looking to make some improvements to monster density in patch 1.0.8 for Monster Power 1 (and higher) in Inferno difficulty. This should help provide some farming diversity for players who are at that level of gameplay. Wyatt delved into the goals behind this change a little further here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#75

Why not implement an endgame map generator system instead of having to replay quests? Also will there be changes to the way players must do to generate new monsters instead of having to exit to the main screen and start a new quest? How about a ctrl+click on entrance to start a new instance?

Continuing off-topic:
This is one of the things I loved about some of the other ARPG's(namely TL2/PoE) out there. A 'random' map system with random monsters + density with a boss at the end(A hoard type of area could even work, much like jar of souls). I hope we can see something even better in Diablo 3 in the future. A quest-less experience where you just kill lots of monsters without having to worry about dialog.

On-Topic:
I farm Act 1 most of the time, I like the art and atmosphere more then Act 3's even if there are less monsters to slay.
Reply Quote
Rakkis > Fields > K2 > K3 > Stone... rinse and repeat.

Where do you think majority of the players farm? i tried to run act 1, FW> cemetery and fields, the place is so barren that i spend more time running around that killing monsters.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 3/20/2013 2:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Keeps depths 2, then arreat crater 2, MP10, skip elites just kill trash.

I'd do something else but there's no mob density in 99% of this game. Ridiculous that I can run at 184% movement speed for 15 seconds and not run into mobs in most places.
Reply Quote
I love act 2 desert areas and wish monster density will increase in those areas.
Reply Quote
every corner of your acts gets boring after 2k hours! u know what would made me happy? some drops that would worth something to boost my gold! but the FACT is! im still having all those trashy legs after 2k hours! damn cant wait to paragon 1 character and start to hibernate!

actually every time a legendary drops for me.. instead of boosting my adrenaline! it seeps all the patience i have for this game... due to the never ending cheap stats u can think of to put in those drops for me!
Reply Quote
On the goblin idea mentioned earlier, it would be really cool if there was a rare chance when killing treasure goblins for a portal to open that you can actually enter. In this magical goblin land you will find the goblin hideout and be able to kill 5-10 helpless goblins that have no chance to escape. Or perhaps you will find the treasure goblin king who commands the hordes of treasure goblins to do his bidding. The treasure goblin king could have a guaranteed chance to drop a legend or two.
Reply Quote
LOL@Mou +1 I like it, maybe we can kill a goblin and get a body part collect all parts create the portal???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]