Diablo® III

~1 B. remaining where best to spend it?!

Hey fellas.

Started a thread a few days ago about gearing up my CM set with a 2 - 3 bill budget. Sadly didn't get any replies (maybe the weekend, people busy getting away from it all, dunno). I did watch both of Boozor's 1 and 3 billion budget guides a few times over. Decided to go the SC route instead of crit mempo, but i think i'm kind of regretting it now. Mempo seems to have so much more ehp due to native % life and the ability to socket an amethyst ontop of that. But it doesn't seem like i can make the swap with my current budget.

Anyway I think i laid a pretty solid foundation. I have about 1 billion to spend on upgrades now, but not really sure where to start. Everything is so inter-connected it's really hard to get a handle on how best i can spend my funds.

My goal is to really just get another 50 - 100k ehp and then start packing in as much dps as i can. Would love to be able to hit the 200k mark with my current budget and 400k ehp, but that doesn't feel realistic.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply Quote
If i change my name to Candy and say i'm a hawt girl will i get help faster? =P

Also I meant to do a better job of tossing a shout out to the major contributors on these forums. Booz, Jellz, Aimless, Novice and company. If i lived remotely near you i'd offer a round of beer. I apologize for seeking individual help, but I am just finding it a little overwhelming may be too strong of a word but something along those lines. I know i can get a ton more dps by switching to a OS wand, but that requires changing at least 3 other pieces of gear.

Anyway thanks again.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Vishos
I did watch both of Boozor's 1 and 3 billion budget guides a few times over. Decided to go the SC route instead of crit mempo, but i think i'm kind of regretting it now. Mempo seems to have so much more ehp due to native % life and the ability to socket an amethyst ontop of that.

SC has alot more DPS

03/18/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Vishos
I know i can get a ton more dps by switching to a OS wand

False =) the IAS compensation will lose you a ton too for OS
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Vishos
If i change my name to Candy and say i'm a hawt girl will i get help faster

oh hai Candy...you sound HAWT...into walks on the beach? a lil' WoF if know what I mean?eh,eh?

*wink* *wink*
Reply Quote
Vishos - thanks for shot out. There is no way you would have your stats with mempo so dont regret it. Apoc source and 5.5 mempo alone would be 2b at least and still have way worse DPS that your high DPS source /SC combo. Mempo is for people with 5+B.... IMO anyone else that does it struggles hard for LOH and DPS compare to SC user.

Anyway - neither one of your rings are trifectas....your boots have no VIT - neck has no stats at all...
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/19/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Definately would advise against Mempo unless you have big budget to make the rest of the gear work for you.

SC is the way to go for this budget, I'd stress that even for the 3B video, it probably would not be possible anymore given the prices of OS wands and mempos nowadays.
Reply Quote
I'd definitely start with the boots. After that cc on the gloves is only 6.5 and trifecta on the non-nat ring. GL
Reply Quote
Thanks for the replies fellas.

@ Aimless and Boozor. At what point does it become cost effective to start looking at moving from my SC to a mempo? Do i just keep tweaking basically every slot except offhand / helm / neck until there's nothing left and then finally make that move?

Also do you guys agree with my choice to go AS wand instead of OS? It feels like it gave me a lot more options for getting ehp on chest / legs / bracers since i didn't need that extra ias. But i already feel like it's going to really limit my dps sooner rather than later.
Edited by Vishos#1747 on 3/19/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]