Diablo® III

Drop rate

What the game needs is an Item Sink. 90%+ of the items in the AH's will never sell. The AH's are taken into consideration regarding item drops & rolls on items.

Have something like, items in the AH's that don't sell are removed from the game & become available to drop again.

This would stop over pricing of items. Since if items aren't priced to sell instead of being priced at what people want to get for those items. It would increase the amount of potential buyers for items & have more players buying gold. It would give players the impression that drops have increased even though they're picking up someone else's junk.

There's also a good chance it would stimulate the games economy so the price of gold starts to climb, making items worth more.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 07:22 PMPosted by TheOneRaven
Remember, people still think this is WoW 2.0

Who thinks this? Have you played WoW? How can you even compare an MMORPG to a Hack-n-Slash game...

On topic:

I think Blizzard is going the right direction with itemization and drop rate. Still, at the moment I'm checking the forums more often than I'm actually playing the game. Hopefully this will change, but I'm afraid the game won't make the necesarry steps to make this game a winner... :(
Reply Quote
to blizz

yeah yeah yeah keep on talking.. after 2k hours your still dropping those cheap etc etc for me!!!!
sold only one 20m item after 2k hours!
actually blizz u can help me auction off my cheap account for all i care!!!
Reply Quote

What an idiot.
Yeh whoever 'has reward' is a botter. Satisfied?

Reported. Whoever is arguing with the fact that x time spent = no rewards in d3; whoever is arguing with that fact, MIGHT be a potential botter. The evidence to support that x time = hilarious rewards, is present EVERYWHERE. Present on the forums, in game chat, certain gaming sites, personal experience, experience of friends etc.

Learn to read, and you call me an idiot? Ironic. Reported for harassment. I would insult you back, but I don't want to break the rules and get banned.

With your aggressive ranting, I would highly suggest trying to be less hypocritical.
Edited by polyoddity#1878 on 3/20/2013 6:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
basically what you'll have to look forward to is not getting:
+100 int
+5 vit

and instead you'll get something like:
+100 int
+90 vit.

So basically you'll stop getting those items that are soooooo close to being good if it wasn't for this one stat... your trifecta items will actually be worth keeping instead of getting 2 good stats and a bad one.
Reply Quote
I agree, too much clutter. It will be very hard to make the changes proportional. Very hard. And if they are not careful, rings like the one I have that cost 180m will only be worth 1 or 2... if that.

I like the idea of reducing clutter....and maybe slightly better rolls, but not much. I also like the idea of an ignore setting for whites an greys, until they come up with a plan for them. There was nothing like fiinding a godly base white item in d2 in which to craft with...just saying.

And I think adding some stuff would help. A new class specific socketable item. Try an rework items that just are not used, like the current set bow to natalyas.

I will say this, save your crafting material now, because the value of that stuff will go sky high with reduced drops.

Increasing the drop rates, and squeezing the spread simply ruins current economy. People spent lots of money for items they have.

Like my DML.

Which is far from a perfect example. But, 20 ias and 14% bola shot is pretty nice.

What your saying is ... lets increase the chance of a roll like mine 3 to 4 fold, but lower drop rates only 25%.

So my DMLs value goes from a hypothetical 100 mill to 100k.

Instead of changing what we have become accustom to, because people cry and whine on the forums, why not add new items and fix some of the broken ones? Like the set bow to natalyas. Perfect example of a potential 3rd option to the DH as a bow...and yet no one uses it.

It could roll much better, no one would complain. No one by calamity and manticore. Ok, some out there still use wf for some reason. Would be nice to rock a legacy set with calamity and a nats ref with a nice set bow...get the extra cc... oh wait, is that why the bow remains useless?

My rare ring. A trifecta with decent dexterity, how common will that be? Should I sell it now, and just buy another one when the new patch comes out?

What about something other then 4 gems to add to sockets? What about buffing other skills with charms, or new socketable items. Caltrops for example...it is what it is and no way to enhance it.

I think instead of reducing drop rates and squeezing spread you should think about adding other stuff to the game, and fix some broken items.

A good item game...is a game that has lots of items generated, with a large spread. So what if like 1% of gamers cry and moan. And its all about 1% of players too. With a large spread in rolls it makes good items valuable and rare...

With your new take on items, it makes all mempos roll 6 cc. And ya, if you got one now, liquify it, hold gold, and just buy a new one.

Another good question. How will we differentiate pre patch items and the new ones? You already made legacy items.

More on the DH here. Say what you want. The natalyas set was totally nerfed, when pretty much all other sets were buffed. How, no more discipline regen. I know, you need a near perfect set to get decent damage on the legacy, but the disc regen is just so valuable.

You guys are not thinking about how to improve broken items, your just taking the simple way out, which is just to make all items pretty much the same.

Before the patch is release, I think you should wait 6 months and rework the item ideas. Decreasing drops and squeezing the spread is more of a quick bandaid then anything. In a month, when everyone has perfect items, everyone will be going "okay, what next".

Because all builds and gear setups will be the same.

It's not that bad of an idea. the reduced drop rate actually meant so the price wont drop too much. The main objective is not to increase drop rate, it's actually to reduce clutter.

The more you play, the more exploding loot pinata become annoying. It's like shifting through garbage. The idea is so people wont have to wade through so many useless item to find a worthy one.

*shrug* hope they remove white and gray (and blue) along with reducing rare on inferno.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413082331?page=1

One of my threads from last year....

its actually very good..

well done

edit: although i am actually fine with the clutter pinata.. just turn your loot text off use ALT like in d2 its really not that much of a big deal for me.

i feel there are much more pressing issues.. not really one of them is dyes for legendaries and custom looks in general. wtf are dyes trade-able anyways?? i seen 3 on forums which are not in game there..

but tbh i dont expect much from the next few patches.. i know there has been increased comunication which is great if you like blues..

c'mon its been a year now and we told they will have a look at some of the problems.. they have said this before lol and look where we are..
Edited by juniorRC#2189 on 3/20/2013 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope drops do get better, tired of spending my free day and free time and my character doesn't get any progression.
Reply Quote
lol people sure do waste alot of time typing nonsense in the thread. "your dumb" "no your dumb" "no your dumber" "your mom"......
Reply Quote
Can we get the drop rate of blue and white ground clutter reduced as well pls?
Reply Quote
It matters little if you get showered with loot that's unusable garbage. I believe they're trying to make loot a bit more scarce but actually meaningful.

Godly gear should be extremely Rare, but usefull gear should be uncommon and yet findable at ALL levels.

This, in a nutshell. It's one of the big differences with D2, where common loot was extremely good without being godly, despite high-end gear being fairly rare. In D3 that common and useful loot has been moved from the ingame experience to a boring auction house window, in hopes to sustain a fake economy that shouldn't be the core of an arpg's design, as it compromises way too much of the game's essence and integrity, rendering and individual farming experience into nothing more than an obnoxious gold grinding chore. Hopefully the last developers blog was a legitimate acknowledgement of this problem, and not just a feint to pacify the masses.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/19/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I hear the rare drop rate is going to change to become more rarer. I sit there and play the game for a couple of hours a day and no good rare drops so there solution is to make the rare drops less. Sounds like BS and people support this.

As [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196604395#3"]Griffin mentioned[/url], that's only a piece of the story, and you'll fine out more about our upcoming itemization plans in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/"]Developer Journal: Itemization Update[/url]. I highly recommend reading through the whole article, because it goes into a lot about our philosophies behind these changes and more.

Here's a snippet:

"We want to make it fun and rewarding to hunt down new items through play, and really instill the feeling that your next awesome item could come from anywhere, and is just around the corner. We need to get rid of some of the clutter first, so we plan to reduce the frequency at which Rare items drop down the road.

Before anyone panics and posts an angry comment in the forums, this doesn't mean we want players to earn even fewer good items. It just means we don't feel it's necessary to present the player with hundreds of bad Rares for every one that they might want. As an example, suppose items currently roll between 1-100 Intelligence. Now, imagine that we dropped 25% as many items, but the Intelligence range was instead somewhere around 75-100. In the end, you'd find fewer items, but more of the items you find would be worth equipping. That's our goal."

I find your snippet to be a typical Jay Wilson response.
Reply Quote
I could be wrong, but if they decrease the drop rate and make the items better. This would also increase the chance these items would be put on the AH for a crazy amount of gold. I agree when I farm I pick up a lot of worthless items and that is tiresome, but I can sell it for some gold. Games like this will always be about the haves and have not. The haves will complain about the game making it easier for the have not people. I guess I am just too easily satisfied, because any improvement no matter how small it is will make me play a little more then I do now.
Reply Quote
If they don't implement an item sink then everybody will get BiS gear faster and faster.
They should also lower chance for legendary at MP0 and increase with MP. So you first gear with yellows till MP5 then you start gearing with legens. However without item sink all solutions here are useless and all ideas are pointless.
Reply Quote
The D3 developers are certainly moving in the right direction. Good job. But you still have not addressed that fact that attack mods are mandatory on all pieces of gear. This seriously hampers build diversity. If the legendaries are not designed to overcome the potential benefits from these attack mods (and almost all of them are not), then you still have a problem of itemization.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As an example, suppose items currently roll between 1-100 Intelligence. Now, imagine that we dropped 25% as many items, but the Intelligence range was instead somewhere around 75-100. In the end, you'd find fewer items, but more of the items you find would be worth equipping. That's our goal."

Finally god damn it.
Reply Quote
Will Blizz buff the max rng of items, such as shoulders? No one is picking up rare shoulders because you can craft much better.
Reply Quote
I really, REALLY hope that things get changes but along with alot of other posters I doubt it will.

Reason? Same as everyone else, they don't want us to find awesome drops if we are casual player.

Why? Same reason said before, they want farmers to find that stuff and sell to us through their auction house so they get.... wait for it.... MORE MONEY FROM US FOR A GAME WE ALREADY PAYED FOR!!

Anyways here is to wishfull thinking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]