Diablo® III

Worth Dropping OWE now?

He is using it mainly for the stuns so it is fine, he isnt using EW rune. but without ES, and no mantra spamage (he is using MoE Backlash)
I was merely pointing to an example of a rate of usage that you were talking about and telling you that my rate is much more than that. And actually, for stuns it is not good.
Anyway if you arent using quickening, you will throw bells at the same rate as him. This is why I doubt your "mystery" build you discovered.
I use quickening, however it is not a mystery. I already told everybody and nobody listened. Why do you keep skipping over that part?
Reply Quote
So how do you guys find the comparison from ES vs CoR? I find CoR more appealing to me as my problem is not because of I don't have spirit spender, but I starve of needed spirit to spam it. So, CoR (+2 spirit) to me is better
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 02:09 AMPosted by yuhhaur
So how do you guys find the comparison from ES vs CoR? I find CoR more appealing to me as my problem is not because of I don't have spirit spender, but I starve of needed spirit to spam it. So, CoR (+2 spirit) to me is better
No, you don't even need that, in fact it is the wrong passive to use if you are not using it as part of a Tempest Rush build.

Stay tuned, I'm making a new video right now to show you guys.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/20/2013 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 02:08 AMPosted by speedforce
He is using it mainly for the stuns so it is fine, he isnt using EW rune. but without ES, and no mantra spamage (he is using MoE Backlash)
I was merely pointing to an example of a rate of usage that you were talking about and telling you that my rate is much more than that. And actually, for stuns it is not good.
Anyway if you arent using quickening, you will throw bells at the same rate as him. This is why I doubt your "mystery" build you discovered.
I use quickening, however it is not a mystery. I already told everybody and nobody listened. Why do you keep skipping over that part?

Quickening has less overall dmg compared to TC and does not have the teleport to counter the fear from EF, that is why i seldom use it.

I know that build too, but I think taking TC and ES together is the best option for bells build, compared to quickening.

Just my 2 cents.

@yuhhaur

CoR is actually very bad IMO, ES already gives you +1 spirit regen, CoR is +2, so you are giving up 100 max spirit for +1 spirit regen, like speedforce said, not worth it unless it is a TR build.
Edited by Shade#6905 on 3/20/2013 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
but but... my spirit pool always not full T_T
Reply Quote
Quickening has less overall dmg compared to TC and does not have the teleport to counter the fear from EF, that is why i seldom use it.

Understandably if you're using an EF. I don't have a top-end EF (my weapons are pretty bad actually). Quickening though fits what I do perfectly and it is for another higher purpose.
Reply Quote
with TC, I can bell the elites out of the plague pool while keep myself shift-stick to him.

Quickening? Oh wai~
Reply Quote
View profile
@gotaplanstan

Fine, I will take the high road from here on and ignore all future posts from you. My only request is that you do the same and dont post here anymore to detract the original post any further, if you have nothing to teach then go away. Stop the insults.

You taking the high road as you put is a great idea, since you were the one to start the insults to begin with, in post #30.

It's funny, because I had already given you the WHY AND the HOW you asked for in the title. If you don't believe me, take a good look at people who have better gear than you like jco or Charles, and you'll see that they get most of their AR from the slots I mentioned on the first page.

You've already made up your mind about the passive though, so I'm not sure why this thread even exists.
Reply Quote
with TC, I can bell the elites out of the plague pool while keep myself shift-stick to him.

Quickening? Oh wai~
With quickening they don't even attack you. Wait for the video, it's done, just need to upload it to youtube.

update:
here is the thread for the video
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8198733283#1

and here is the video for those of you that have been reading this thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z25iweeViDg&feature=youtu.be
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/20/2013 2:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
speedforce gtfo you troll!!
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 03:22 AMPosted by juniorRC
You see Shade? People like this are why I am reluctant to post stuff like that. Showing Monks the capability to perpetually stunlock is a very powerful tool and I have to deal with those kind of jerks, I really don't know who to trust and tbqh, not worth my time. That's why i didn't want to tell you earlier. I feel like I have to keep repeating what I say and people troll me anyways. Then I have to deal with thieves but that's another matter....

But anyways, yeah, like I said on General Discussion, I really can throw out that many bells without ES and EW and with a slight tweak to the build by adding Dashing Strike: Flying Side Kick, solves your wandering mobs problem + adds another stun to boot! Alternatively you can use Cyclone Strike to suck them back in and stun them in one spot!
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/20/2013 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 03:34 AMPosted by speedforce
You see Shade? People like this are why I am reluctant to post stuff like that. Showing Monks the capability to perpetually stunlock is a very powerful tool and I have to deal with those kind of jerks, I really don't know who to trust and tbqh, not worth my time. That's why i didn't want to tell you earlier. I feel like I have to keep repeating what I say and people troll me anyways. Then I have to deal with thieves but that's another matter....

But anyways, yeah, like I said on General Discussion, I really can throw out that many bells without ES and EW and with a slight tweak to the build by adding Dashing Strike: Flying Side Kick, solves your wandering mobs problem + adds another stun to boot! Alternatively you can use Cyclone Strike to suck them back in and stun them in one spot!

To be fair it isnt really that impressive in your vid.

It might be better against ubers though. Against elites, nothing beats the mobility of TC, I rather just take ES for normal farming.
Reply Quote
To be fair it isnt really that impressive in your vid.
Cause I didn't make it impressive, it was a basic quick demonstration. What I wanted to illustrate was:

1: Perpetual Stunlock
2: Spirit Generation without Exalted Soul or Empowered Wave

The fact that with one simple change (Blazing Wrath > Infused With Light) enabled more options allowing you to use a premium rune for WoL instead of the shoddy EW cookie cutter.

Now that you know what's involved with it, try it out for yourself, throw in DS to account for mobility. Anyways, remember that my first post, I said you didn't need those selections and the vid proved that it was true. As long as I got THAT point across.
Reply Quote
@speedforce: If you think you're the only monk in this game to know about IWL's crazy tick/proc combo, you're uninformed. If you think this won't be nerfed at some point in the future, you're being overly optimistic. Regardless, enjoy it!
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
@speedforce: If you think you're the only monk in this game to know about IWL's crazy tick/proc combo, you're uninformed.

Sure, Monks do know about it. People have told me when I presented the idea. The thing is, NOBODY ELSE knew about chaining this with Quickening and WoL: Blinding Light to stunlock.

I kept telling you guys that IWL was amazing with WoL but instead people stuck to the cookie cutter rather than be creative and use what WoL had to offer

You can watch yuhhaul's video and then mine, back to back, it's night and day difference.
If you think this won't be nerfed at some point in the future, you're being overly optimistic. Regardless, enjoy it!

I'm happy to hear that you think this is nerf worthy :D Being able to stunlock like this AND do damage with a recently buffed spender is extremely powerful. I'm pretty sure that WoL's high spirit cost wasn't meant to be spammed like this haha.

That said, it's not that out of line within the game. I mean we have CM Wizard's, LS and 0 dog WD's, WW and HOTA Barbs. I think the whole idea is to become overpowered and a part of that is being able to use creative builds. That's why I don't think it should be nerfed but if devs don't agree than who am I to argue? It's all good with me, just don't nerf Tempest Rush or SW lol
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/20/2013 4:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh, right, you've got Quickening. Well, eventually, you'll figure out that's the JV version of this combo. Check the forums; word is getting out. Good luck!
Reply Quote
Step 1) Make a thread, with a preconceived idea, disguised as a question
Step 2) Argue with everyone in that thread, that disagrees with your opinion
step 3) ... profit?
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 04:57 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
Oh, right, you've got Quickening. Well, eventually, you'll figure out that's the JV version of this combo. Check the forums; word is getting out. Good luck!
I found the thread after I read your post. I get the concept, I never thought to try that but also see his WoL choice, still crappy EW. Beacon of Ytar is a good choice for the build. I'll have to do some testing in higher MP's but generally I favor max survivability so we'll see how it goes.

edit:
I still can't find anyone that knows about the stunlock but yeah, that little tidbit of info could potentially drive the build into broken status. That particular, should I say, bug, will likely be fixed but Quickening will stay the same.

My builds are never centered on broken mechanics so as for the original combo to be nerfed, I doubt it, but like I said if devs don't agree then there's not much I can say.

edit2:
so I tried it. With that, it's broke. LOL! It's most definitely a bug and I don't think it's good for chaining stuns but the damage on it is INSANE
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/20/2013 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Step 1) Make a thread, with a preconceived idea, disguised as a question
Step 2) Argue with everyone in that thread, that disagrees with your opinion
step 3) ... profit?

¯\(ツ)/¯
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]