Diablo® III

AU/NZ Uber/Key Farming Group REDUX

Ty, you are a real sweetheart archi u know that? :))

Yes, i also know that the earth is flat, true story bro.

Pianoguy: Kiwi Monk 5, old timer monk that started to do all monk runs. Does not run serenity spell.

Hey Arch - is that code for "dies a lot"? But seriously, like Bob ^^^ I would have left the game long before becoming an old timer but for meeting a lot of the guys on this thread.

Lol, that is the code alright :P

Only you and those that run with you know what i'm talking about hehe.

Stratia: Mac user Monk, has 500k paper dps lol but hates the lag

where's the other half archi?:P

Ok, 500k + 500k = 1 million DPS, happy now? :)
Edited by Archimonde#1447 on 3/16/2013 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks archi, that made me smile. I do kinda miss sub 10 min mp10 runs using SW snapshot. But it's a lot more fun now and there are less of those deaths when I'm gear switching now :p. Or if I lost SW and was left holding a shield and a balanced white skain. Lol.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ashman23-6902/hero/13905276

MP5, DH, 160k DPS
Reply Quote
^^^ Added
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Archimonde
Weegee: Kiwi Monk 3, always keen on ubers. Listens to my tactics lol.

I'm yet to pack a tanty and do a Leroy Jenkins on you....
most of the time we good.

..yea we goooooood :)
Reply Quote
MP10 tank monk with 160-170k DPS, willing to use EP and Cyclone w/ a CM wiz. Will do mp10 runs/VOA/ubers.

Slezick#6929
Reply Quote
^^^ Added
Reply Quote
I can help with MP10 ubers. Maybe not carry 3 but help out if needed.

MisoHoney#1618
Reply Quote
^^^ Added
Reply Quote
i'll have an asterisk

thanks
grogan #6557
Reply Quote
^^^ Updated
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Slezick
willing to use EP and Cyclone

I would recommend EP/Flesh is weak holding a permanent slot on your bar, Great for farming and Ubers, combined with overawe the whole teams damage is increased by 60%

Now combine this with Guiding Light/Breath of Heaven
and thats a 76% boost to your team from you alone
and a total of 91% Damage boost to personally :D
Reply Quote

Now combine this with Guiding Light/Breath of Heaven
and thats a 76% boost to your team from you alone
and a total of 91% Damage boost to personally :D

This, i can't stress this enough for team games for Monks.

Team damage buffs
    48% : Mantra of Conviction - Overawe (spam every 3 seconds)
    16% : Guiding Light passive (spam BOH every 15 seconds)
    12% : Exploding Palm - The Flesh is Weak (target elites)

Total team damage buff = 76%

Team base case scenario dps
    Monk : 200k dps
    Barbarian: 250k dps
    Demon Hunter: 300k dps
    Wizard: 150k dps

Team buffed 76% damage scenario dps (approximately)
    Monk : 352k dps (+152k)
    Barbarian: 440k dps (+190k)
    Demon Hunter: 528k dps (+228k)
    Wizard: 264k dps (+114k)

Total team extra damage = 684k dps

Team damage buffs "i THINK" are always better than personal damage buffs
Buffing 4 players > buffing 1 player, period.

But below are just some personal damage buffs if you use them
    Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
    Combination Strike passive
    Deadly Reach - Foresight
    Way of the Hundred Fists - Blazing Fists
    Crippling Wave - Breaking Wave
    Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace
    Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Edited by Archimonde#1447 on 3/18/2013 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Strat and Arch: To be fair to Slezic he did say...

willing to use EP and Cyclone w/ a CM wiz

...and many of them do like to run DPS with CS monk.

Personally, I agree though that Overawe and GL/BoH just blow party DPS through the roof and in most cases is probably the most effective way to increase overall damage output. Plus, most people don't really need the crowd control effects of CS preferring something like cold or freeze. In the end, I think it depends on who you're running with.

Like many WW barbs I'm not the biggest fan of CS since it has the unfortunate effect of taking monsters out of our AOE damage which also means losing fury/life regen. Hence, I try to run a HoTA build with CS monks. There's always a way to work with or around people's builds/preferences.
Edited by abend#6917 on 3/18/2013 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MP7/8. Add me up.
Reply Quote
@Strat and Arch: To be fair to Slezic he did say...

willing to use EP and Cyclone w/ a CM wiz

...and many of them do like to run DPS with CS monk.

Apologize to him, wasn't dissing him.

Was just stating out of the blue lol.

Cyclone Strike with CM Wiz is great.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Archimonde
Apologize to him, wasn't dissing him.

No need for apologies IMO - no dissing going on.

And thanx to you and Strat we have a nice reminder of just how OP Monk buffs are!

MP7/8. Add me up.

^^^ Added to MP8. I'm assuming it's for your monk, but have linked to your profile in the meantime.

Also just a reminder to everyone just joining us: you should browse through existing players on the list and add them as well as requesting to join the group. Not everyone on the list is very active on the forums and even those that are might have trouble keeping up with new people on the list.
Reply Quote
Might as well put my hand up. Been helping people a few time a week anyway.

MP10, CM wiz. Helping carry only as I don't have the dps to do the full carry.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WNxNiteHawk-1300/hero/1306337

------------

With what Archimonde posted about monk party buffs. I'll try for the wizard.

- Cold Blood (passive) ~ 20% (use Blizzard also if your Frost Nova is not refresh fast enough).
- Bone Chilled from Frost Nova ~15%
- Time Warped from Slow Time ~20%
- Conflaration (passive) combined with Meteor ~10%

The buffs are done by multiplying I believe (not sure of the math here). So: 1.20*1.15*1.20*1.10 = 1.82

So you are looking at an extra 82% damage taken by the monster from each player.

If you are the only wizard in the game, you might not want to go with all those skills but go for better lock down with Cold Snap and Evocation instead.

But if you are the second wizard in the game, by all mean do that, with the second wizard go for better lock down and with Slow Time - Stretch Time(another more party damage).

For wizard that is low on dps(maybe less 80K??). My suggestion is: equipping any gears that give you lots of life, armour, resistance and Life on HIt. Your aim is to stay alive, doesn't matter if you are only doing 20k dps. Your party buffs will greatly outshine any dps that you can provide.

@abend
Maybe you can add these infos onto your reserved post? You probably will have to correct my English : )
Reply Quote
Hey. You can take me off the list for Mp10. My wd is lucky to do mp6. Anyway game is dead to me at the moment until they add more content. Thanks for all the runs we did. Cya round.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 12:56 AMPosted by TrimpA
Hey. You can take me off the list for Mp10. My wd is lucky to do mp6. Anyway game is dead to me at the moment until they add more content. Thanks for all the runs we did. Cya round.

Noooooooooo!! A2 just won't be the same with you. Removing you off this list, but not removing you off mine. Hoping you come back sooner rather than later.

@abend
Maybe you can add these infos onto your reserved post? You probably will have to correct my English : )

I'm not going to put build type of information in the OP or reserved posts because it's going to mean a lot more work for me because there are going to be differences of opinion. I think it's a good idea to discuss what builds you like to run and what classes/builds you like to run with because it helps you find others to run with. But I'm not sure this thread is going to be the best place for a class/build/farming resource - there are plenty around in other forums. Plus, did I mention that it creates more work for me? :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]