Diablo® III

Demon Hunter / mp6-mp10 = worthless

04/01/2013 07:18 AMPosted by greatdivider
Highlighted the problem. I was easily doing it with a Barb before I sold his gear to make my DH. It was boring me to death it was so laughable easy. I had roughly the same amount of gold that I spent on my Barb's gear. I tried it and fail so bad it wasnt funny. Same quality of gear and even after dumbing down the MP I couldnt do it on 7,8, or 9 either. I didnt even want to try lower ones to avoid rage quitting.

you only have 900 elite kills on DH. it's very unlikely that you're playing the class to its max potential. play more get better, it will get easier. (i am in this boat as well)

Just hit 60 yesterday. Having gotten every other class to 60 (twice) this is by far the hardest so far with the lamest DPS. Its not hard because it has some silly long rotation or complicated abilities. Its hard cause my damage is just crap.
Reply Quote
everyday right before i go to bed I say three our fathers and pray DHs receive some sort of buff. Help us!
Reply Quote

Also every other class manages only one resource. Why the hell do we have to manage 2?

Stop with this. Managing and balancing 2 resources is one of the most intriguing and interesting things about the class.

Why do people keep wanting to homogenize this game?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:13 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
Stop with this. Managing and balancing 2 resources is one of the most intriguing and interesting things about the class.

this x100

do people want to have to decided between casting spike trap or gloom? f*** no. people really need to think before requesting changes that would ruin the class.
Reply Quote

Also every other class manages only one resource. Why the hell do we have to manage 2?

Because more complex should = better play on higher MPs? I mean if you are putting more effort into playing your class shouldnt you be rewarded? Shouldnt you be doing better than a Barb that just mindlessly runs around crushing high MPs with no effort?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Dabrixmgp
Because more complex should = better play on higher MPs? I mean if you are putting more effort into playing your class shouldnt you be rewarded? Shouldnt you be doing better than a Barb that just mindlessly runs around crushing high MPs with no effort?

do you remember that screen, i believe it's called something like character creation? yeah, you choose to play this class with it's two resources. deal with it.

all classes should be equal in strength in a perfect world. obviously this isn't the case and never will be; there will always be a strongest class. right now it isn't DH so just suck it up and play until a fix rolls around.
Reply Quote

Honestly you're just raging out of frustration about the class and therefore complaining about things that aren't really an issue. I don't think you really fully grasp why the DH is in the position they are in. In the meantime, until we get buffs, just play another class or put more effort into playing your DH better so that you can achieve more with it and not worry so much about what the other classes are doing. A lot less stress this way.
Reply Quote
Dh needs buffs for sure.
Reply Quote
I stand by my statements. DH is the only class I find remotely interesting and I feel it's fine.
People need to whine less. It's like in Diablo 2 pre 1.09 if you want to mf or clear things fast you build a Sorc, It was super imba but with pvp and what not other classes had a purpose, Like the bowzon was the queen of pvp with guilded arrow. If you don't like something reroll then. If you want max efficentcy farming then play a ww barb or cm wizard. Not every class should be retardedly OP.
Reply Quote
I stand by my statements. DH is the only class I find remotely interesting and I feel it's fine.
People need to whine less. It's like in Diablo 2 pre 1.09 if you want to mf or clear things fast you build a Sorc, It was super imba but with pvp and what not other classes had a purpose, Like the bowzon was the queen of pvp with guilded arrow. If you don't like something reroll then. If you want max efficentcy farming then play a ww barb or cm wizard. Not every class should be retardedly OP.

no they are not fine, sure they are fun but its no excuse for blizzard to have nerfed them to oblivion and now they are in need of some buffing. Also who cares about PVP hardly anyone plays it anymore and there is zero incentive to do so. Also you main a barb and you come in here with that reroll if you dont like it crap. God i hate how arrogant barbs are most of the time. If blizzard wouldnt have nerfed DH from launch because of everyone else crying i am sure we would be in a much better place. That said its time blizzard realises they over stepped their nerfing and brings this class back in line with the REST of the classes.
Reply Quote
I seriously think that spending too much time/effort/gold on any one of the characters is not wise. I have been there, done that...
No matter they are going to buff DH or not... The characters are not made equal. It's a fact. Some are good at farming in high mp game.. some are great at mutli-player farming dps buff.... some are particular good at pvp...

No one is forced to stick with only one of the toons. Making a character to do something that it's not even good at, that is simply costly (in terms of time and gold).
Reply Quote

I understand where you're coming from. The Assassin in D2, wasn't the most efficient class was it? However, their skills did have a sort of potency that DHs are missing right now. As to make all runes so appealing that you'd be arguing with yourself on which one to choose.

That's what I'm looking for. I could care less about what other classes are doing.
Reply Quote

Honestly you're just raging out of frustration about the class and therefore complaining about things that aren't really an issue. I don't think you really fully grasp why the DH is in the position they are in. In the meantime, until we get buffs, just play another class or put more effort into playing your DH better so that you can achieve more with it and not worry so much about what the other classes are doing. A lot less stress this way.

Im still playing my DH because they cant get any worse and I do enjoy it. Hell even deleted all my other classes. Been playing around with Strafe and having fun. But bad RNG with health orbs just sucks and can kill your speed. Just wish I could Strafe at the speed of Tempest Rush.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 4/2/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I stand by my statements. DH is the only class I find remotely interesting and I feel it's fine.People need to whine less. It's like in Diablo 2 pre 1.09 if you want to mf or clear things fast you build a Sorc, It was super imba but with pvp and what not other classes had a purpose, Like the bowzon was the queen of pvp with guilded arrow. If you don't like something reroll then. If you want max efficentcy farming then play a ww barb or cm wizard. Not every class should be retardedly OP

try monk try monks. interesting too. you dont a 60 yet.

no brain dead button smashing or spinnning ard ignoring all ground affects that are intended to be avoided.
Edited by CLOUD#6403 on 4/2/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Played last night in a group where I was one of 2 demon hunters and we had one barb and a Wiz with 150k DPS unbuffed , according to his profile.

My DH is at paragon 95 at the moment with the gear I use at higher mp levels gives me around 270k DPS (buffed)
My DH friend is a 100 lvl paragon with around 327k DPS (buffed)
The Barb is at around 270k DPS unbuffed

Needless to say how underpowered the DH's were compared to the barb and the wiz. The area damage from the wiz was phenomenal.

I posted a question : Should I shoot or just run around and pic up? " The barb replied " Just run around ad pick up"

Now, I didn't have any issues surviving using Nightstalker and although I jest above I did manage to contribute to the game.

However, in comparison to the Wiz the DH's killing speed was woeful.
I believe having a socketed Calamity over the one I am using will help, but I don't think to the extent as to match the killing speed of the Wiz.

I would like to pose a question to those DH's with around 360 to 470k DPS

" Are you able to match the killing speed of the Barb's and Wiz's in high level games? "

I like playing the DH and can handle MP 8-10 without much worry and like playing MP10 ubers with my group, but seriously, whilst in game with other classes the lack of killing speed is highlighted.
Reply Quote
Played last night in a group where I was one of 2 demon hunters and we had one barb and a Wiz with 150k DPS unbuffed , according to his profile.

My DH is at paragon 95 at the moment with the gear I use at higher mp levels gives me around 270k DPS (buffed)

Needless to say how underpowered the DH's were compared to the barb and the wiz. The area damage from the wiz was phenomenal.

I posted a question : Should I shoot or just run around and pic up? " The barb replied " Just run around ad pick up"

Now, I didn't have any issues surviving using Nightstalker and although I jest above I did manage to contribute to the game.

I believe having a socketed Calamity over the one I am using will help, but I don't think to the extent as to match the killing speed of the Wiz.

" Are you able to match the killing speed of the Barb's and Wiz's in high level games? "

I like playing the DH and can handle MP 8-10 without much worry and like playing MP10 ubers with my group, but seriously, whilst in game with other classes the lack of killing speed is highlighted.

you are not alone
Reply Quote

Even when I'm wearing my new Nats set and have over 520k DPS I still can't kill as fast as my barb that's at 230k unbuffed (with a SOJ) the moment my barb hits into the fray and perma WOTB I'm critting 1.3-1.6m 2x a second with Hota non stop. It's ridiculous how little DPS we do in comparison with a ton more sheet DPS but lack any real effective DPS.
Reply Quote
Someone said it a couple pages ago but he is 100% right, even after the nerfs we were still effective. It was the addition of MP and made us left in the dust. Our skills just don't scale like the other classes well with the higher monster health.

The need for change is not about whether playing high MPs are possible, but if its effective. As it stands right now we are near the bottom of the totem pole. (not sure how WD's are doing but i assume it ain't great either) Both skills and passives need reworking because as it stands today it seems like we are being pretty neglected.
Reply Quote
Someone said it a couple pages ago but he is 100% right, even after the nerfs we were still effective. It was the addition of MP and made us left in the dust. Our skills just don't scale like the other classes well with the higher monster health.

The need for change is not about whether playing high MPs are possible, but if its effective. As it stands right now we are near the bottom of the totem pole. (not sure how WD's are doing but i assume it ain't great either) Both skills and passives need reworking because as it stands today it seems like we are being pretty neglected.

If you take a spin around the WD forums most will agree were worse off lol and I have to agree with them. They at least can either zdog or zombie bear build and zdog is going to be very powerful once itemization comes around and ilvl 63 homunculus start dropping.

Kinda sad that we went from OP at launch nerf to the worst class all because of the other classes complaining to blizzard and then blizzard actually followed through. A good example of an unjust blizzard witch hunt without them thinking things through and buffing as the meta game continued to change as other classes saw great improvements and or found their cookie cutter OP builds.

It's a tragedy what happened to this class lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]