Diablo® III

Thanks to Ofgorten, I got my 200k dps wd.

Now I can go back and forth from my sns/cm wiz to bear charger wd. Thanks to WD community for all your help, esp. Ofgorden for finding most of my wd gears. I think I'm mp7 solo capable and may be mp10 group. have not tested out yet...

edit: his name.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 3/15/2013 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Atta boy!
Reply Quote
Congratulations! I'd definitely say you are mp7 capable since that's what I run solo and you are much better geared. The only thing holding you back would probably familiarity with the class, but that just takes time. Also, you may want to talk to some people about builds, because if your profile is accurate, you are using the Rush of Essence passive with only two spirit spells that aren't even spammable.
Reply Quote
Going to +1 on this.

Not only has Ofgortens helped me with my set, he's also patiently(1) and meticulously(2) walked me through various builds, practice sessions, etc.

All around a great guy!

(1) I'm quite fickle
(2) I'm quite a DUH
Reply Quote
Congrats.

Actually you can farm MP8 and survive MP10 (but mana will be tough) solo because your EHP is above average for a WD.

I have completed key runs on MP10 as a test, and since I never die, you should be able to clear it similarly once you switch all the topaz to amethyst or use jungle fortitude. (We should have similar EHP then)

However, there will be cases where having only 3% LS gives you trouble. That is why I prefer Skorn. Unfortunately that does not look like an option for you so more care is needed.
Reply Quote
Congrats! you should have a ton of fun with that set up.
I hope to see you guys in the 200k club some day, and I'm pretty sure you wont have an isssue in MP7
Reply Quote
Cool, but I don't see soj there. Basically cheating to get 200k unbuffed that way :)
Reply Quote
Nice WD you got there. You should be able to solo MP7 easy with that gear. I recently took my WD out of retirement and can solo MP7 no problem and he;s only wearing just over 250m in gear which is a far cry from what you got.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Death-1408/hero/29382344
Reply Quote
View profile
A 200K WD should definitely be capable of MP9 solo. But it does take practice and familiarity with your build. Or it could be you just have the Wizard ingrained in your reflexes. I know I find it difficult two play 2 classes seriously at once. I'm so conditioned that certain buttons do certain WD functions.

Anyway, I'm glad you and Ofgortens worked things out. If you corrected the spelling of his character name I'm sure he would be quite happy to see his name in the title of a post. :)
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 3/15/2013 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/14/2013 09:45 PMPosted by yodatoy
Now I can go back and forth from my sns/cm wiz to bear charger wd. Thanks to WD community for all your help, esp. Ofgorden for finding most of my wd gears. I think I'm mp7 solo capable and may be mp10 group. have not tested out yet...

Glad you scored the unity. You should have no problem with any MP level as soon as you master the build and playstyle. Being able to know when to use the skills and position yourself during fights is one that takes a bit of time and is very different when playing a CM wiz for so long:)

Anyway, I'm glad you and Ofgortens worked things out. If you corrected the spelling of his character name I'm sure he would be quite happy to see his name in the title of a post. :)

I've been so used to people butchering the name since CounterStrike days (where I started using that alias) that it becomes second nature and I just smile at what they end up thinking my name is :)
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 3/15/2013 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Very nicely done Ofgorden.

Mind If I ask how much this cost?

I sacrificed some dps for more eHP and my setup cost me 1.8xB with gems. I could have very easily broken 200K sheet as well, but I remember initially when I played my WD that low eHP sucked for higher MPs with my play style. Only reason I paid so much was because I did buyout on most of the gear vs bid.

I ended up with 160K Unbuffed sheet dps and 500K eHP. So your gear is very very nicely put together as well.
Reply Quote
@ofgorten. stayed up until 12am. Due to the devalued gold, I ended up paying more than I expected but still won one of the better Unity per your recommendation so I'm going to stay happy. Now, I might have to go change certain skills but good thing about WD is you can try different things and see how it fits my playing style. I did a quick test run in MP9 with Addicted and Carnac (both uber wizzes playing 0zombie and barb repectably) and played with an ease.

This past Monday, I wanted to sell my BIS wiz (I maxed out b/c gaining another 2000dps would cost me 1b+). Friday came along and I'm playing more than ever. and having two classes make D3 even more enjoyable.

Lastly, WD community is great. A lot of intellectuals here.
Reply Quote
Aye, oftgorten is one of the rare WDs you always listen to. Nice he helped you out, better that you listened. You have ended up a very nice WD. Congrats.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 05:55 AMPosted by yodatoy
Lastly, WD community is great. A lot of intellectuals here.

Indeed. I left the Barb Community a while back, and have really enjoyed the people I have "met" in the WD Forums. Glad to see you stuck with it, Yoda, as I know you weren't in love with the class when you first made the switch.
Reply Quote
Some of the notable contributors to my WD building - ofgorten (my mentor), EddardStark(took me tour of WD the very first time), phillz(one of the best PVP wd), Addicted(transition to wd buddy), Saythe (unfortunately he got scammed, T_T), and skywalkerfx (reading his posts).
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 06:30 AMPosted by yodatoy
Saythe (unfortunately he got scammed, T_T

Happy ending to this story. He had video evidence of the several hours and this dude "godslegend" were chatting, so he caught the scam on tape. He appealed to his Credit Card company, who apparently reviewed the video, sided with him, and refunded his money. He had also sold his WD to a friend for several hundred dollars, so in the end, he came out +$500 or so from what he told me. Good stuff, but still sorry to see him go.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 06:53 AMPosted by EddardStark
Happy ending to this story. He had video evidence of the several hours and this dude "godslegend" were chatting, so he caught the scam on tape. He appealed to his Credit Card company, who apparently reviewed the video, sided with him, and refunded his money. He had also sold his WD to a friend for several hundred dollars, so in the end, he came out +$500 or so from what he told me. Good stuff, but still sorry to see him go.

Still, it's a headache of going through the process, right? Ywah, Saythe really helped me before we went. I wish he comes back.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 07:05 AMPosted by yodatoy
Still, it's a headache of going through the process, right? Ywah, Saythe really helped me before we went. I wish he comes back.

Yeah, I would hate to have to deal with that situation too. I tried to convince him to come back and be our group's Monk or DH, and he was toying with the idea of using some of that money to gear one of those up, but I haven't heard from him in a while. Guess that idea died on the vine.

By the way, I don't know if you still talk to Vibe, but he recently got his CM Wiz over 200k DPS, so we're pretty psyched about that.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 3/15/2013 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 07:12 AMPosted by EddardStark
By the way, I don't know if you still talk to Vibe, but he recently got his CM Wiz over 200k DPS, so we're pretty psyched about that.

Vibe...I think he unfriended me. T_T. I want see what he has done so far. Matter of fact, I was thinking about his wiz.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/15/2013 06:12 AMPosted by manvan
Aye, oftgorten is one of the rare WDs you always listen to.

Unless he is complaining about not being "mentioned" in a post. Quit praising him or he'll be striking up a conversation with the "blues" again. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]