Diablo® III

mp10 CoTA

Just did an entire paragon lvl from 62 to 63 non stop there without a single leg =x

D3 and RNG hate me.
Reply Quote
Whew finally got one!
Reply Quote
2 in 5 runs.
Reply Quote
2 in 1 run. I meant 1 of the 100+ runs.
Isn't that awesome??
Reply Quote
For your CoTA runs, are u just spawning inside, run in, kill the one elite+mobs and remake map? or do u kill more in the festering woods
Reply Quote
I spawn inside a pillage all then rinse and repeat. No stragglers left behind!
Reply Quote
Ended up with some nice brimstones! Maybe if i was para 100 it would help =x
Reply Quote
Doesn't the math indicate that MP9 would be an even better level? MP10 mobs have 40% more health and a 100% drop rate, but MP9 mobs have an 85% health rate. Can exiting and restarting the game be such a large portion of the time spent on each run that it's worth the obviously inferior rate?

5 runs @ 100% = 500%
7 runs @ 85% = 595%
Reply Quote
Doesn't the math indicate that MP9 would be an even better level? MP10 mobs have 40% more health and a 100% drop rate, but MP9 mobs have an 85% health rate. Can exiting and restarting the game be such a large portion of the time spent on each run that it's worth the obviously inferior rate?

5 runs @ 100% = 500%
7 runs @ 85% = 595%

I thought that to but the prevailing mind set is if youre going to run MP9 might as well do 10. That's why ou see more MP 8 and MP10 runs while 9 is treated like Snakeman guarding the water cavern..... Basically ignored. He wants some action to you know.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 06:53 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
That's why ou see more MP 8 and MP10 runs while 9 is treated like Snakeman guarding the water cavern..... Basically ignored. He wants some action to you know.

I kill that guy every time I go looking for the Act 2 KW. Mostly out of frustration.
Reply Quote
i tried out MP9 crypts tonight instead of Mp10. i reckon the runs did go slightly faster, and still got a hep of legends... pretty much all awful, but did get a 970 dps chantodos with a soc.

the rest are brimstones.

i decided to focus back on my monk, and the first drops i got were stormcrow, tals amulet, and chantodos...
Reply Quote
From level 51-59 in COTA I found 32 legs. I love Cota.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Lisson
For your CoTA runs, are u just spawning inside, run in, kill the one elite+mobs and remake map? or do u kill more in the festering woods

I only kill the 1 elite if it's weak one (like it's sitting at half HP from splash damagea fter killing the trash mobs). Don't bother killing stuff outside the crypt.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 04:33 PMPosted by TianZi
I only kill the 1 elite if it's weak one (like it's sitting at half HP from splash damagea fter killing the trash mobs). Don't bother killing stuff outside the crypt.

Outside the crypt? Dont you get the checkpoint and just solely go in the crypt from the TP in town?

That's what I do. Even with killing the elite it is 3m max, 2m most times with bad affix's, i do it for the DE.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Cayzer

Outside the crypt? Dont you get the checkpoint and just solely go in the crypt from the TP in town?

That's what I do. Even with killing the elite it is 3m max, 2m most times with bad affix's, i do it for the DE.

Yep, that's what I'm telling him. Not to go outside the crypt to kill stuff. Maybe I could have worded it better?

I pretty much only farm CotA for legendary items though, so I really don't care if i kill the 1 elite or not. DE is far more efficient from VotA, and exp is far more efficient from AC2.

It's actually kind of funny how we have all these "1 zone runs" that are each so ridiculously good for one thing.
Reply Quote
cota legos are trash. it's all placebo imo. its great to see the beams of light a lot but bad to get endless brims. I find that cota works well to lift the spirits after a long act3 dry streak. i prefer rakkis rinsing and dodging maniacs.
Reply Quote
15 total for me to day and all but two are brimstones but the DE on almost every champ is a nice bonus when you don't think about it and then relize you have 30-40 of them in your stash..That little cave has been very nice to me the past few weeks. I have gotten more legendaries farming there then in the whole time I have been playing the game.......
Reply Quote
Whats the quest you start on again?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Quest: Broken Blade: Talk to Alaric

Last night: 11 legendaries in 60 minutes. POW.

Going an entire paragon level without a single Legendary is insanely bad luck even at your relatively low plvl! Sorry bud.

MP9 is generally less efficient than MP10 for 2 reasons.
1. Yes, the time to exit out of the game and remake is significant. I am running around 55 runs an hour. Even if the exit-remake process only takes 10 seconds (it takes longer) that is almost a full 5 minutes of my hour wasted on remaking games.

2. EP scales with mob health and GREATLY reduces the effect of increased mob HP. For even moderately geared monks, MP9 and MP10 should be very similar from a speed perspective.

This is slightly different for Bells monks except that, as TianZi has shown, going slower doesn't necessarily correlate with less mobs/hr due to the rate of skeleton spawn from the summoners.

I love MP10 CotA so darn much!
Reply Quote
OMG who the heck has almost 80,000 elite kills
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]