Diablo® III

So about rare hand crossbows...

Specifically, what kind of rolls are worth selling/keeping? I can't help but notice that you never see one with DPS that can compete with a Calamity. A quick search on the AH shows that they get quite expensive despite the lower DPS, so what stats should you be looking for?
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 09:23 AMPosted by R4V3N0U5
can't help but notice that you never see one with DPS that can compete with a Calamity.

neither can we, which is why Dual wielding has been dead for a long time
the ruby killed it for good

you will never find a 1200 dps
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/exorcist
25x-3xx damage, 50% ed, with 11% ias, socket, 100% chd, and 200 dex. which would allow you to obtain competative DPS (at the cost of utility + eHP to a DML) which is what you are hoping for.

the cost of such vs the time it took is also not worth it either.

you'd rather invest in a 1700 dps calamity (<-rubied) and a DML quiver as a great eHP and DPS stat-stick

perhaps with a new itemization generation in 08 or 09 for rares as the devs talked about will change things? I doubt it; still wont change the fact that a ruby is weapon based damage, not character damage
Edited by zoid#1554 on 3/16/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i always look for the following stats for a rare 1H:

open socket
crit damage
max discipline +10
dex
vit
800+ DPS
Reply Quote
I really can't imagine having a rare 1-handed crossbow that costs x amount actually being worth more than a legendary 1-hander that costs the same x amount.
Reply Quote

This is not true... there is a 1239 dps with 10% ias 53%CD and 2.2% lifesteal with an Open Socket on the auction house right now... for a measly 1.5b
Reply Quote

This is not true... there is a 1239 dps with 10% ias 53%CD and 2.2% lifesteal with an Open Socket on the auction house right now... for a measly 1.5b

You forgot the rest of his thought:

25x-3xx damage, 50% ed, with 11% ias, socket, 100% chd, and 200 dex. which would allow you to obtain competative DPS (at the cost of utility + eHP to a DML) which is what you are hoping for.
Reply Quote
Damn that rare bow is very nice!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]