Diablo® III

How to Uninstall?

Hi -

I've been having some lockup issues since the patch, and I want to reinstall my game client. However, there is no "Diablo 3" folder under "All Programs" in my START tab, and the game directory does not have an uninstall link.

I have no idea why there's no D3 folder in my "All Programs" list, there always was in the past.

Any idea how I can uninstall the game without using this link?
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Diomedes
b
Reply Quote
Most folders in Program Files/Start don't have uninstallers anymore.
Either hit windows key/click start and type add remove, and should show Add or remove programs and do it there.
Of if you want to be semi classy, hold windows key, press R for run bar, then type appwiz.cpl
Or just delete the whole D3 folder, wherever you have that installed.
Reply Quote
Thank you for your reply.

I should have added that D3 does not show up on the Add/Remove tab of the Control Panel.

If I delete the D3 folder won't it leave behind some possibly corrupted system files?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Diomedes

Here's a support article that will help with the uninstall: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-uninstall-instructions?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

If you don't see Diablo III in the Control Panel/Uninstall section, you can delete the D3 folder manually and then manually delete the other folders mentioned in the support article.
I guess the question we all want to know is why is D3 no under the uninstall files program under the control panel like every other program is??
Reply Quote
I use windows 7 and its in my control panel. IDK what you all did but it IS there......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]