Diablo® III

Is there cap on Damage Against Elite ?

Just figure.
My Damage Against Elite is 41%, but in the profile tab it says 38%.
Is there something wrong or its the cap ???
Any ideas guys ?
Reply Quote
The crazy thing is if you do the math properly you're only at 37%...
Reply Quote
^ LOL.

And even if there were a cap, how would you think that will affect how it appeared to you?

Rest assured, there isn't any general cap, the limitation will be the gears that gives you the highest bonus.

You can have like ten thousand bonus damage to elites, but if your paper dps is like 10, then you'll be dealing 100k to elites but 10 to trash.
Reply Quote
I count 43%: 29% soj 6% bk sword 4% unity 4% chest armor
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 11:44 PMPosted by markusbeutel
The crazy thing is if you do the math properly you're only at 37%...

Oooops my mistake, yeah its actually 43%. But still says 38% .....
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 11:50 PMPosted by HachiKumo
You can have like ten thousand bonus damage to elites, but if your paper dps is like 10, then you'll be dealing 100k to elites but 10 to trash.

Agreed, but when I use WoTB my DPS goes 315+k. So according to you theory its fine :)
And thought you know what you are talking about, but dude really look at your build and elite kill...
Edited by HishnickMn#6592 on 3/17/2013 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hell man, buy a handful of cheap elite damage items, equip them and see if it changes it all. You'll be a knowledge pioneer. You profile straight up shows all 4 items with the correct percentages but the total is wrong. Maybe you'll find a bug with one of those 4 items or you'll expose a little known damage cap!
Reply Quote
It's a difference of 3? Does the 6% on the weapon count for both weapons, or only for the one it's on?

I bet it only counts for itself o.O When you DW, a few of your displayed stats (such as dps) are an average of a swing by each of your weapons.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 3/18/2013 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
tried increasing the % such as adding hellcat and amu, no change at all. May be this is a bug... hopefully it is only bug on profile view not in the actual game.
Reply Quote
What happens if you log out having unequipped the weapon with the 6%?

Though, yeah, an increase in % against elites should have changed something.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 3/18/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 11:52 PMPosted by HishnickMn

Agreed, but when I use WoTB my DPS goes 315+k. So according to you theory its fine :)
And thought you know what you are talking about, but dude really look at your build and elite kill...

@@ what with my build and elites kill?

Is it necessary to comment on my kills? I tested allot, constantly too. It's up to you to believe or not in what I said. I wanted to stress on the importance of balancing between these affixes. I never even comment on whether bonus to elites is good or bad.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gotaplanstan-1369/hero/791414

I also have a list of profiles in guys with interesting yet fun build. So each own view, one man's meat is another man's poison.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Herer is his
Damage stats:
DPS 172,962.33
tDPS 681,310.43
MH Tick Rate 6
OH Tick Rate 6
DPS vs Elites 247,336.13
tDPS vs Elites 974,273.91
DPS vs Demons 198,906.68
tDPS vs Demons 783,506.99
DPS vs Elite+Demon 273,280.48
tDPS vs Elite+Demon 1,076,470.47
DPS vs Demons 198,906.68
tDPS vs Demons 783,506.99
Attacks per Second 1.937 MH
1.937 OH
+% Attack Speed 34% (+15% DW)
Critical Hit Chance 50%
Critical Hit Damage 534%
MH Weapon Damage 100,565.69
OH Weapon Damage 78,022.17

My elite kill is not enough to be able to help this guy So I won't waste the time swapping gear ect to see the changes.
Reply Quote
I thought I'd contribute. With quick trial and error, here's the crazy math behind the 38% calculation.

1-(
(1-.29) * (1-0.06) * (1-0.04) * (1-0.04) )
=0.38
Reply Quote
What happens if you log out having unequipped the weapon with the 6%?

Though, yeah, an increase in % against elites should have changed something

Tried that either, but no change at all...
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 11:50 PMPosted by HachiKumo

The reason I commented on you elite kill and build is to ensure that you knew what you were talking about ...
It was never my intention to offend you.

I didn't just choose this stat to be this high, its due to I like it and really helps me farm my speed. Once i face an elite they just melts away.
Try consider this: my dps with WoTB is 370k+ and 43% of this is quiet high. In terms of trash, they just die in the sprint tornado. I don't pay much attention to them, but plus % against demons play some roles to kill them, but very low.
Edited by HishnickMn#6592 on 3/19/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I thought I'd contribute. With quick trial and error, here's the crazy math behind the 38% calculation.

1-(
(1-.29) * (1-0.06) * (1-0.04) * (1-0.04) )
=0.38

Except that he mentioned adding elite damage % didn't change the value. I'm assuming he's going off of the in-game value and not the profile view though.

Additionally, this sort of calculation only makes sense for reduced damage from elites. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong, but it certainly SHOULDN'T be the way blizzard does it.
Reply Quote
Just figure.
My Damage Against Elite is 41%, but in the profile tab it says 38%.
Is there something wrong or its the cap ???
Any ideas guys ?

Good luck ever getting a real answer to your question. I have saw the elite cap question asked time and time again and note once does anyone know for sure of anything and I've never saw blizz take time to answer.
Reply Quote
As for mine I've got Unity - 4, Hellcat - 4, and SOJ - 24% Now add that up and you get 32%. Check my profile and it's reflects 30%.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Lancenig
As for mine I've got Unity - 4, Hellcat - 4, and SOJ - 24% Now add that up and you get 32%. Check my profile and it's reflects 30%.

Seems the same issue for me. Have you check the damage in the game actually ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]