Diablo® III

Is MP10 "old" inferno?

View profile
I want to see how I would do if I played "old" inferno.
When inferno was hard...1.0.4 I think.

Can't be, because I'm doing MP10 CoTA runs, I know that elite is the hardest however, inferno used to be impossible...

Does anyone else want a 1.0.4 mode?
Reply Quote
Don't forget your gear is a lot better now than it would have been before. It wouldn't be a real 1.0.4 mode unless your dps and ehp were capped at 40k/200k or something.
Reply Quote
i think they said that mp 3 is the old inferno
Reply Quote
It was somewhere around 2-3.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 01:10 PMPosted by hong
Don't forget your gear is a lot better now than it would have been before. It wouldn't be a real 1.0.4 mode unless your dps and ehp were capped at 40k/200k or something.

Ah, good point here!
Reply Quote
I don't really want an old inferno. I like being able to run around and crush everything, with the ocasional challenge.
Reply Quote
The original inferno ended with 1.0.3 when a lot of things got smacked by the nerf bat.

There's nothing really equivalent to old inferno in today's terms - things have changed too much. Skills are much better (WoL, cyclone strike, etc.), items are much better, troublesome affixes/monsters have been toned way down. Even with MP scaling, you'll be very hard pressed to run into the same problems original inferno had. Specifically Act 3, some of the elite packs could just 1 shot you regardless of how much resistances and armor you stacked - those tongue lasher guys, demonic tremors and phase beasts were some of the worst offenders. Don't get me started on invulnerable minions, molten, frozen and jailer tremor packs. Awful memories.

And the worst part was after dying to one of those packs from the invariable one shot, they'd all reset back to full HP. Even if you managed to survive for awhile against them, enrage timers on elite packs were another almost guaranteed death. Further, early on LoH wasn't really a thing (mainly because sustain is useless if you just get one shot all the time) - Monks had to kite until serenity and blinding flash were off cooldown then they could run back in and fight for 6 seconds before running out again.

One of the only successful monk builds very early on was Deadly Reach (Keen Eye) with MoH, Serenity, BoH, Blinding Flash and usually another spirit generator (crippling wave or something like that). MoH was "bugged" early on and giving quadruple current healing values for the 3s after activation, so monks just spammed that as hard as they could to try to stay alive.

It was a brutal, unforgiving game and most of the progression was made simply by skipping more or less everything. The first few clears were demon hunters who just blasted everything off screen and had to death flop past elites to get to boss check points.
Reply Quote
@adecesar moh healing wasn't bugged it was nerfed at least to my knowledge there was a ruin that allowed you for the first three seconds you put up a shield of 10% of monsters hp it was the first hotfix after launch now its boon of inspiration (168 loh) or something

the original ruin was op but now its a joke shoulda made it 1.5life steal
Reply Quote
Old Inferno was essentially MP turned upside-down: instead of 40% life per MP level, mobs gained truckloads of damage. The one-shot was king.
Reply Quote
View profile
I played since release, the first 3 months or so were a DH. It was brutal. I can't remember which patch I cleared inferno, but it was a while ago.
I got so tired of dying I switched to Monk and it's all Monk and all awesome since then!

I'm mean, I'm not the greatest monk, but I would so love to test the waters with 1.0.3 Inferno.

But I wasn't thinking clearly, duh, I see now how that it's impossible...
Reply Quote
When you leave my colors fade to gray

Hello Hello Its Me Teckno.

Here my love will stay but all my colors fade away

la la lalala la la la
Reply Quote
@adecesar moh healing wasn't bugged it was nerfed at least to my knowledge there was a ruin that allowed you for the first three seconds you put up a shield of 10% of monsters hp it was the first hotfix after launch now its boon of inspiration (168 loh) or something

the original ruin was op but now its a joke shoulda made it 1.5life steal

I know it wasn't actually bugged - that's why I put bugged in quotes. The exact excuse I believe Blizzard used for changing it was that they accidentally made it 10 times as powerful as they intended (i.e. it was "bugged") but they realized if they just nerfed it by 10x, people would be upset. So instead they changed the whole thing around and made it give some LoH like you said.
Reply Quote
Not even by far. I finished Inferno in 1.0.3 on a 35K DPS, no Cyclones, OP Bells or any Legendaries worth mentioning, very few skips. Now, try doing the same on MP 10.

Not too sure about that proverbial equation of old Inferno = MP 2/3, but it surely does not exceed nowdays MP 4, what with all monster nerfs and whatnot that have taken place since the old Inferno days.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Laurelynd
Not too sure about that proverbial equation of old Inferno = MP 2/3

That statement is true for the version of Inferno that existed just before the MP patch. It's a relatively recent definition of "old Inferno."
Reply Quote
Beat inferno on release week...

As a DH... ^_^

Current MP2-3 is about the same as 1.0.4 inferno. Basically original inferno after 2 (or 3) nerfs.
Reply Quote
I finished the original Inferno with a DH. Diablo fight took something like 8 hours of trying..
Reply Quote
View profile
05/14/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Guldy
I finished the original Inferno with a DH. Diablo fight took something like 8 hours of trying..

where did you find this thread! XD

8 hours, that's awesome!
Reply Quote
Old inferno is equivalent to mp3-4. A monk rocking 80k dps would be considered good fking game. Most monk had like 30k ish dps.
Reply Quote
I remember when I hit 50k dps in old inferno, I was considered top dps with some other monks lol!
Reply Quote
View profile
Juxtapose damage and life of the monsters and Es an that will be like old inferno!

Cheers,
CC-

EDIT: I'm talkin about Inferno 1.0.0. :D
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 5/14/2013 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]