Diablo® III

Is MP10 "old" inferno?

What a good thread to read while waiting for servers.

After not playing since June 2012, A lot has changed for me and my Monk.
I was one of a handful of monks that grinded and "exploited" my way to a post-game inferno of nothingness.
Trust me, drops were complete trash, even if you could tank inferno act 3 or 4. But I was wealthy... Chest running Siege Breaker with 339MF proved to be very profitable in that buggy, over priced, horrible house called "Auction" until that was nerfd. Then they nerfd the difficulty, then fixed the drop rates (which was still garbage in my opinion.

03/18/2013 02:08 PMPosted by adecesar
There's nothing really equivalent to old inferno in today's terms - things have changed too much.

And I agree
Reply Quote
my sister and I tried for ages as a monk and dh to kill rakanoth on inferno, and we only even got there through ways that I've forgotten, but am sure was not due to me actually completing much of anything myself.

Act 2 was a literal nightmare. Ran past everything, and belial took fooooorever.

However, I did build decent camaraderie with other people to beat it, and we bonded in the suffering.

Ironically, that's one of the last times I ever played a public game.

Crazy times, that original inferno.

P.S I miss elling 700+ dps blue weapons for 5+ million
Reply Quote
View profile
everyone remember their first time in act2? those freaking wasps in the first canyon just wrecked me over and over.
Reply Quote
I want to see how I would do if I played "old" inferno.
When inferno was hard...1.0.4 I think.

Can't be, because I'm doing MP10 CoTA runs, I know that elite is the hardest however, inferno used to be impossible...

Does anyone else want a 1.0.4 mode?

Try to play the whole act it's more fun >;)
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 05:10 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
everyone remember their first time in act2? those freaking wasps in the first canyon just wrecked me over and over.

Took me ages to get past there...
Reply Quote
I had no problems with Belial on my monk, in fact thats when I switched from Wizard to Monk cause killing him with my wizard was like pulling teeth... and then trying to do Act 3 on my wizard. Pshaw. Wasnt going to happen. Monk was so much better - old school cookie cutter just had so much survivability. Kite, be invulnerable for a bit, kite again. My damage was low, but I could live and keep on going.

I think I quit right after getting to Rakanoth on my monk in Inferno - Mists of Pandera released and I just didnt have time to play as much as my guild was working on content pretty heavily, and Rakanoth was so annoying.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Cayzer

Took me ages to get past there...

Oh yeah! It felt like forever it took plevel 25ish to completed act2 >:O
Reply Quote
No one can forget the old soul lashers. PhoenixAP is right on, serenity was compulsory in the past. No one used overawe, it was time of need. No one had LS, it was dual LoH.

I still kept my weapons from back then, just fun to look at.

It was very hard to kill elites in the past, i have to say it took longer than MP10 elites. My monk had close to 800 all-resists back then, and i defeated inferno diablo before 1.04. Respect to those who did it when the game first released, that was ridiculous.

Trust me, nothing now comes close to the old inferno.
Edited by snowybell#6357 on 5/15/2013 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 05:10 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
yeah, that's where my barb stuck at and rage quit. I rerolled a monk, then this part became doable when I stacked elemental + all resis to like 800-900 all resis, 5k armor with STI and 35k hp.
Reply Quote
I was so happy that time I manage to solo Belial - that is after 10th of run, while my friends all QQ about it.

I was so happy I manage to kill Ghom in less than 50 tries.
https://plus.google.com/photos/105329587709857410807/albums/5750737566762546657/5770929959184208962?banner=pwa

the illusionist
https://plus.google.com/photos/105329587709857410807/albums/5750737566762546657/5766554196522706242?banner=pwa

And the invulnerable minions
https://plus.google.com/photos/105329587709857410807/albums/5750737566762546657/5760952289554716354?banner=pwa

And I basically run through Act 4 ALL DA WAY~
Reply Quote
View profile
05/14/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Violentine
Old inferno is equivalent to mp3-4. A monk rocking 80k dps would be considered good fking game. Most monk had like 30k ish dps.

Not really. Back then a ton of affixes and one-shot abilities hadn't been nerfed yet, no one really had any legendaries because if any were found, most were garbage. Attack speed hadn't been nerfed yet so most people stacked it for ridiculous speed.

People were getting 1-shot with 55k+ HP 5k+ armor and 800-1k AR. Most monks had to wear a shield just to make it through act 2+. MOST monks had something like 12-15k DPS and decently geared was 30+. 80k+ was very well geared.

So many nerfs to mobs and buffs to gear and skills have happened that nothing these days is really anywhere comparable to OLD inferno.
Edited by Capnsensible#1962 on 5/15/2013 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Old inferno similar to mp2 or 3 is probably true. The HP is prolly similar, but damage is slightly lower now. BUT that's not the point. Everyone's rocking 180-200k dps, and some are rocking over 300k. We didnt have those gears back then.

You know what was considered godly weapon? 850dps 80+chd and socket. If it came with dex, it's UBER godly, if it came with dex AND vit, OMG!! Sell the farm boys! If somehow someway that thing had LoH, OMFG, sell your neighbor's farm too!!! Like one of the above posters stated, 50k dps was damn near impossible pre 1.03. ONLY a few had that. Post 1.04 50k dps was considered a 1,000 dollar monk? I remember trying to sell my 43k dps monk pre 1.04, and i got offers of about 100mil. And the buyer ended up buying a 65k monk for 500mil gold. Back then gold was selling for something like 3-5 dollars per mil. So essentially he paid something like 1500 dollars for that monk. Today 65k dps monk is a sub sub sub sub sub budget set. 850 dps with 80chd and socket is pretty standard weapon.

So again, you cant compare mp lvl vs old inferno without considering gears. The feel is prolly about right. MP10 is like old inferno act3. Most cant touch it, even if you can, it's pretty hard. The only difference is, I think old inferno doesnt take as much time if your ubered geared. SB runs went pretty fast, and bosses didnt have 300mil hp while your only rocket 300k dps. In comparison 60k pre 1.03 monk didnt have to face a 60mil hp Azmodan. But stuff did hit a lot harder, and affix got nerfed nerfed and nerfed some more now. MOLTEN was the mother of all. I remember pre 1.03, when i see molten lasher packs, I would kite them to dead end and just die, didnt even bother attempting cause it's pretty damn near impossible. Even act2 spiderlings molten packs were hard as hell.
Reply Quote
Belial, those freakin act 2 wasps, Ghom. There is simply nothing in today's game that come anywhere close. I nearly gave up on ghom, in fact the only way i beat it was with help from my wife's barb. I used a "blue" fist right through act2 so things have changed a little gear wise.
Reply Quote
Bottomline is,

if you didn't play since day 1, or before 1.04, you will never know what old inferno is. MP10 does not even come close.

I don't see wizards in the past, where venom hydra was a permanent skill, so as blizzard, and rapid fire seekers. Not forgetting camping behind a door and firing seekers, to do some damage to the elites before they came out to %%@%@@## your a$$. Now all they do is perma freeze every fking thing. No way old inferno will even be a challenge.

Neither do i see DHs, where smokescreen was compulsory too, and the bugged nether tentacles.

Monks with serenity had to run in circles to avoid 1-hits, even with time of need, 800 AR. Blazing wrath too, let's not forget that.

Barbs ... never played with one at that time.
Edited by snowybell#6357 on 5/15/2013 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^Yeah, the good old ghom it was so hard to me i had to done it in the pub game and for the first time i had to use a shield kill it >:)

Edit: thanks for bring those memories back>;)
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 5/15/2013 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Teckno
I remember when I hit 50k dps in old inferno, I was considered top dps with some other monks lol!

I remember I died and died and died against Ghom with like 1100 RA, and 30k DPS and 6500 Armor. I had to farm all the way up until like 3 days before 1.04 released(when they nerfed Ghom), so I could up my DPS to 50k to finally beat him. I felt like such a monk god at that point. It was even more an accomplishment(for me) as I refused to ever accept any help. I soloed the entire way on my monk, with the exception of helping a friend kill Act 2 belial Inferno. I then refused to progress and went back and did it myself just to prove to myself that I was capable of doing it myself. LOL
Edited by Starwulf#1779 on 5/15/2013 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
i forgot about ghom !

i died sooooo many times. i got a way better geared player to carry me through it and it still took us like 15 tries.

oh! and the repair costs were astronomical! you had to go back and farm act 1 over and over in your secondary gear, just to afford to repair your regular gear.
Reply Quote
View profile
W/ all the nerfs they did there isn't anything comparable.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see them implement mp11-15 or maybe 20 now. Mp10 seems a little easy now in groups.
Reply Quote
View profile
Bottomline is,

if you didn't play since day 1, or before 1.04, you will never know what old inferno is. MP10 does not even come close.

this

05/15/2013 05:46 AMPosted by LegitBeastin
W/ all the nerfs they did there isn't anything comparable.

and this.

I been playing since day 1...I didn't realize the epicness of the game, I would have liked to do a youtube log of gameplay and commentary along the way...too late for that now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]