Diablo® III

Thanks Boozor :D

03/19/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Aimless
Every grizzly bear has a soft spot... felt bad. Wont allow my friends to run around with Andys on.
Hahaha, well then here's a shout out to you! :D I really appreciated the gesture.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 10:55 AMPosted by EmperorMao
It appears we build similar budget sets at the same time Boozor. I just finished a set for a friend that cost around 400mil. Interested in what you think about it. I decided to stay at 2.51 BP though.

Whats his ID ?

ITs easier to stay at 2.51 with CD/OS wand. With speed wand minimum is 2.73 imo. 3.0 seems out of reach with decent stats for most budgets.

250m to 1B generally come out with similar results, the difference is DPS really. 100-150k dps would be the range for that range of budget with speed wand.

Profile link? Lets check it out.

Agree with OP. Thanks to Boozor and the other regular forum posters for making the wizard forums such an educational place full of great information.

I do have to say tho, that after spending about 2 billion of my 3 billion budget trying my best to follow the teachings of Professor Boozor, it was pretty shocking to find out that I could have spent 20 million and built a much better set and used the remaining 2 Billion 980 million to buy buy gems on the GAH, cash out on the RMAH and buy a 5,000 sq. ft. 6 bedroom 5.5 bath mansion and a ferarri to park in the garage all thanks to Ziss. Way to let me down Boozor =(

Appreciate the feedback.

In my defense, some items could have been gotten for slightly better prices in the 3B wiz. I ended up using 2.5B with gems included iirc. However, some items were grossly sniped off AH. The wand for example was picked up for <300m which is absurd. Consider the prices of AH items today and some will be under/over the values in the videos.

Also, you can't compare Ziss' 20m "mp10" sets are the same/better then these sets. Sure it works if you have 20m to your name. But with 2B you should have money well spent on a superior set in every way possible.
Reply Quote
He hasn't been online since maintenance ended so haven't been able to give it to him yet.

The set on me at Paragon level 67 is:
43k Life
737 AR
4053 Armor
52.5% CC with Scoundrel
2.52 APS
182k DPS

For comparison sake I always gear with the assumption that the new owner is paragon 0 (which isthe case very often)

43k is a solid amount of HP, maybe too much for a paragon 0 which would be around 38k most likely. AR looks solid, 48.5% CC also looks great as well.

Everything looks on bar with a 2.51 build EXCEPT. the armor. I'm not sure where it was sacrificed, but especially for new players to the wizard class, I always build with mitigation first, and that includes AT LEAST 4500 armor. Closer to 5k even. So I give up maybe DPS or vitality to do it.

Very solid DPS another plus for going for lower aps. The stats are easier to pack on gear on a tighter budget without IAS on them.

I'd be happy with that build definately.
Reply Quote
Wanna build another one boozer?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:50 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Everything looks on bar with a 2.51 build EXCEPT. the armor. I'm not sure where it was sacrificed, but especially for new players to the wizard class, I always build with mitigation first, and that includes AT LEAST 4500 armor. Closer to 5k even. So I give up maybe DPS or vitality to do it.

I forgot to mention I'm giving him a pair of 2 OS 829 Armor BT pants he can switch to if desired. The set is currently using 2 OS, 187 Vit, 173 Int 407 Armor BT pants.

That would be an excellent substitution. Armor would just hover around 4400 @ para 0 and you lose some excess vita and shave a touch of dps from an already heavy hitting setup.

For 400m its super solid build. I'd be interested in the profile to see your gear choices for further analysis. Generally I build with IAS wands and 2.73 in mind. Same level of mitigation 700-750/4500-5000. 47-52% CC and 2 sources of APOC/LOH. DPS is secondary usually landing <150. so that is is how the builds differ I suppose.
_________

03/19/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Evolution810

Add me i'll get something that works for ya.

boozor#1433
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Evolution810

Add me i'll get something that works for ya.

boozor#1433[/quote]

Done and Done
Reply Quote
Gems included?
Reply Quote

Also, you can't compare Ziss' 20m "mp10" sets are the same/better then these sets. Sure it works if you have 20m to your name. But with 2B you should have money well spent on a superior set in every way possible.

I think you missed the sarcasm it was dripping, and left a trail =P

Pretty confident that I did ok on my set with 2B into it and another 1 to go tonight and through this week as i I take my time trying to find a good deal on an amulet / gloves / nat boots.

In fact, this might not be the best place to ask since it's a thank you Boozor thread. But if you're my professor and I took your class (since I watched all your budget videos to get a solid feel for it). How would you grade my 2B spent so far?
Reply Quote
Very nice set, all the stats made up.

Very nice nats ring. Must have been most expensive piece.

I would suggest leaving maybe 20m on a 200+ INT/VIT + 100+ strength vile ward as the top off to the build, that would boost armor for minimal cost really.
Reply Quote
booz i want the ring T_T
Reply Quote

Pretty confident that I did ok on my set with 2B into it and another 1 to go tonight and through this week as i I take my time trying to find a good deal on an amulet / gloves / nat boots.

In fact, this might not be the best place to ask since it's a thank you Boozor thread. But if you're my professor and I took your class (since I watched all your budget videos to get a solid feel for it). How would you grade my 2B spent so far?

Oh no ! Very sorry my sarcasm meter is broken. =)

Will write a more detailed analysis when I get back from break. Cheers.
Reply Quote
Booz, show off your ring on your toon. don't you need to go for a test ride with it?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 12:29 PMPosted by yodatoy
Booz, show off your ring on your toon. don't you need to go for a test ride with it?

TBH

that nats ring I had a feeling i couldn't work it in the build, but was a nice option to have. I tried my nats set over the zuni set for a run, not much of a difference anymore. The DPS loss is noticable as well.

So its up for sale so to speak.

I think you've done a fine job on your budget so far, its not as obvious, but I can tell some of your gear is very expensive. Both rings are very expensive as well as the force/zuni chest. I can see where your money went.

One suggestion I would have is to get some vitality on the boot, this will free up some of your vita gems. Even if your at 35k HP, it is fine for now as your paragons will get you over 40k in the end.

Stronger CC gloves eventually as well as a stronger amulet with base stat/vitality will shore up the other stats as well.

Overall still nicely done. With my 2-3B budget wiz, the dps ended up around 210k - 800AR/4900 armor with a mempo/OS wand and Aph's old godly amulet so I was fortunate in that regards.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Boozor

TBH

that nats ring I had a feeling i couldn't work it in the build, but was a nice option to have. I tried my nats set over the zuni set for a run, not much of a difference anymore. The DPS loss is noticable as well.

So its up for sale so to speak.

I think you've done a fine job on your budget so far, its not as obvious, but I can tell some of your gear is very expensive. Both rings are very expensive as well as the force/zuni chest. I can see where your money went.

One suggestion I would have is to get some vitality on the boot, this will free up some of your vita gems. Even if your at 35k HP, it is fine for now as your paragons will get you over 40k in the end.

Stronger CC gloves eventually as well as a stronger amulet with base stat/vitality will shore up the other stats as well.

Overall still nicely done. With my 2-3B budget wiz, the dps ended up around 210k - 800AR/4900 armor with a mempo/OS wand and Aph's old godly amulet so I was fortunate in that regards.

Thank you so much for the in depth response. You've got a fantastic eye for gear values. I feel like i did pretty well for getting my rings at reasonable prices. 350 for the nats, 100 for the zuni. 400 for the force i felt ok about too. The zuni chest i'm pretty sure i overpaid for at 780. But i really wanted it and there wasn't anything else even close for stats under a bill.

I just picked up a really cheap pair of nat boots with 55 vit at 33 mill 1d12h. Not sure if it's an amazing super deal, but it felt ok.

For you guys that build sets, how often are you doing it? Like multiple sets for strangers every day, or just a couple a week now?
Reply Quote
Yes some of the gear you picked up definately warrants a higher price tag, is it worth it? Only you can really see the worth in it.

The chest is a bit of a splurge in my opinion 780 is a large chunk that could have been allocated elsewhere, but I can tell its a excellent piece regardless.

Nat boots can definately be a spot where you can get "lucky" relatively often, I frequently pick up 60/60 boots for 30-50m without much thought.

I work on a build probably every day. At one point I had 3 builds going all different budgets.

Its fun since I play AH3 anyways most of the time, so this gives me more reason to browse the AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]