Diablo® III

Near Death Experience, Didn´t work - HARDCORE

My monk died cause Near Death Experience didn´t got activated. I waited for it and had no cooldown on serenity so i woulden´t have died if i did know that it wouldent work :/

Can blizzard fix this? Will i get my monk back?

Printscreen that show that near death didn´t got activated and that serenity was avalible!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/screenshot004ap.jpg/
Reply Quote
View profile
due to NDE not being an activatable ability a picture doesnt necessarily tell the whole story. it would need to be a video showing you fighting the mob. this way anyone watching it could see:
*your abilities were on cooldown
*NDE did not activate when it was suppose to

its possible it did activate you just were getting hit so hard you couldnt tell.

03/19/2013 10:54 AMPosted by olk
Will i get my monk back?

No. You agreed to the permanent death when you created the character. It says support will not restore your character for any reason.
Reply Quote
Of course a video would be better but i didn´t film it :(

But i don't understand/agree what you mean width "its possible it did activate you just were getting hit so hard you couldnt tell.". If that would be the case woulden´t the "cooldown" on NDE shown then?
Reply Quote
blizzard doesn't care. you won't get your character back
Reply Quote
View profile
03/20/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Pockey
blizzard doesn't care. you won't get your character back

this is incorrect.
when you make a hardcore character you have to "accept" a permanent death agreement.

it says this:
Permanent Death

You have but one life, eager hero. If you should die,
though your deeds will be remembered, you shall not
return again.

Customer Service will not revive
a fallen Hardcore hero for any reason.
All of your hero's items will be lost
forever upon death.

[ACCEPT] [DECLINE]

notice it says specifically they will not revive your hero for ANY reason and ALL of your hero's items are lost forever. it has nothing to do with them caring or not. if you can't handle the agreement you accepted then you don't belong on hardcore.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 3/21/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
happened to me too. im sure i have it on skills. im sure it didnt pop. screenshot taken automatically from a previous monk death shows me that it does indeed show an icon after death when nde pops and u die again....but this time theres no icon . I ONE SHOTTED MYSELF ON A P19 MONK IN HELL MODE WHILE POWERLEVELING. I HAD NDE ON FOR THIS TO BE PREVENTED AS THIS IS NOW THE SECOND TIME IV DONE THIS TO MYSELF. first time it was my bad, i didnt have nde on skills at all. this time i did. still i lost 71 hours of skillful gameplay to a bs bug like this? why dont i just stare at a wall for days on end ill be left with the same thing in the end, absolutely nothing. thanks blizz im sure u dont give a crap im QQing hard, nerdragex10
Reply Quote
i dont understand the hardcore player base, probably because I am not a part of it, but these posts utterly confuse me.

the whole point of playing hardcore, as far as I understand, is the risk factor, the adrenaline rush, the near death experiences.

so if you analyze that as the motivation, you realize that the entire gameplay, you are building up to that moment of death, and right before death is the when you get the most out of the experiences, its exhilarating from what I've been told/explained.

to ask for a revival is cheating the system, because you did receive "the feeling" or "sensation" of death upon it.

its like sex, you build up, and up and up, and then you get that feeling, and then its over....you dont get to ask the nice lady for your money back afterwards or to go again because that one didnt count (insert excuse here)
Edited by Borat#1110 on 4/5/2013 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello, I also lost my paragon 29 monk due to this bug. In my screenshot it is clearly seen that my passive "Near Death Experience" did not proc. I am very confused and would like to know if there is any way i can report this and have some answers.

Can i get my character revived when its clearly a BUG that caused my death? Can someone tell me what kind of ticket i have to send so i can discuss my problem and IF there is a solution to this mess?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/screenshot000ug.jpg/

For the people who claim that the Passive might proced earlier or something, this screenshot is taken by Diablo III the INSTANT you die.

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
i dont understand the hardcore player base, probably because I am not a part of it, but these posts utterly confuse me.

the whole point of playing hardcore, as far as I understand, is the risk factor, the adrenaline rush, the near death experiences.

so if you analyze that as the motivation, you realize that the entire gameplay, you are building up to that moment of death, and right before death is the when you get the most out of the experiences, its exhilarating from what I've been told/explained.

to ask for a revival is cheating the system, because you did receive "the feeling" or "sensation" of death upon it.

I agree Borat, these players are just QQing and trying to blame Blizzard for their own inability to play a class properly. Near Death Experience is a one time life saving process, it isn't like the WD's spirit vessel which actually cast another level of protection on your character in giving it spirit realm to stop taking damage. This means that NDE is susceptible to continual damage that you might be taking, such as the screenshot Raikos shows us. From that screen shot, we see molten, arcane sentry, and poison flowers all doing continual damage. If your EHP is too low, you can easily die once, NDE gets you to 15% health, then you take enough damage for that 15% health to mean nothing and you are dead. NDE will save you from a single fallen maniac killing your character. It will not save you from 2 fallen maniacs killing your character. That is where player skill comes in. Some players have the skill and others do not...
Reply Quote
The issue here is not that they are whining because of dying a normal death. The issue is if it was a bug that didn't make NDE work, in which case I am on their side, as a HC-only player myself. Maybe the cooldown is removed once you die, in which case it doesn't show up on the screenshot.

If it really is a bug, then they have all right to give their frustrated feedback to Blizzard so they can address the issue for future scenarios. However, I will not agree that they have the right to get their hero back, as they as said accepted the agreement. I know it's !@#$ty, I mean, you can die from temporary lag (which freaks me out when I get), but you still accepted the agreement and thus are not viable for being resurrected under any circumstance.

I have a P6 monk as my main, and I would really hate Blizzard if I die because of a bug. A "fair" death though, without lag or bugs, would be acceptabel as it was my lack of skill + maybe unfavorable circumstances that caused it.
Reply Quote
i died today aswell on t60 rift on the rift guardian. this happened to my mate aswell on a rift guardian. and i've read some post where near death experience dosn't proc when fighting the rift guardian.

when i died today i was watching so carefully for it to proc but nothing happened other than i just died. so be carefull on the rift guardians :) im sure it's a bug
Reply Quote
Your picture in your picture folder that it always takes when you die wont show NDE proc on it even if it does proc..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]