Reply Quote
no its not
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 05:56 AMPosted by cowski
no its not

yes it is.

try mp10.
Reply Quote
A group of similarly geared players will benefit from group, even MP10... I've only had two PUG's where this was the case and !@#$ died fast... issues arise when you have players whose DPS is far lower than the rest of the group... unfortunately this is the case I see far too often...
Reply Quote
no its not.

increasing monster health @70% per additional player is simply an EXP boost for multiplayer.

* monster health is 70% per person.

* a 4 man party means mobs are increased by 310% .

* assuming 4 people kill 4 mobs. in total, each 310% x 4 of monster hp was reduced to 0, 4x100% of mob xp was gained per person

* therefore 1240% total dmg dealt = 1600% total xp gained

* equivalent to 100% dmg dealt = 129% xp gained.

* ie: monster health reduction is equivalent to a 29% exp bonus in a 4 man game.

--
yes personally they should simply change it to bonus monster health = 100% per person, each person grants 8%-10% exp bonus , because its more obvious.

groups of similarly geared players (ie: play among equals) benefit mosts. esp since alot of skills are party buffs that ensure some synergy (bone chill conflag, valley of death, overawe guiding light etc) I suppose the current paradigm was done so that players leeching is discouraged and multiboxes don't just have follow mules. (ie: leechers simply slow down everyone including the leecher).
Reply Quote
The monster hp Scaling.

Discuss.

No, it's the people. People suck, therefore playing with people sucks.
Reply Quote
Nope, Blizzard ignore this thread.
Edited by ILLMINDedOn3#1662 on 3/20/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try playing with 4 people who can efficiently run mp10 alone and that play together and take advantage of skills that mix well and then get back to us.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 09:40 AMPosted by wildcatt
Try playing with 4 people who can efficiently run mp10 alone and that play together and take advantage of skills that mix well and then get back to us.

True I run in a group of 2 CM wiz, 1 DH, and one SW Monk. We can run keep depths MP10 very effectively.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Paranoyed

True I run in a group of 2 CM wiz, 1 DH, and one SW Monk. We can run keep depths MP10 very effectively.

i would think the better combo is

1 cm wiz/sns (bone chill) 15%
1 dh running valley of death
1 monk running overawe/guiding light spam
1 monk running cyclonestrike / mantra of retribution/transgression , flesh is weak palm

anyone have a better group combo?
Reply Quote
cm/sms wiz
overawe monk with palm
hota barb
0dog WD

=

10 second packs on mp10
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 09:53 AMPosted by chrisloup

1 monk running cyclonestrike / mantra of retribution/transgression , flesh is weak palm

Your DH needs to be alive to contribute to the group. :P
Reply Quote
[quote]cm/sms wiz
overawe monk with palm
hota barb
0dog WD

=

10 second packs on mp10

I wouldnt trust this guy normally, but this ^
Edited by wildcatt#1839 on 3/20/2013 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Your DH needs to be alive to contribute to the group. :P

DHs tend to die very little with frozen packs. They just haveto watch reflects and make sure to perma gloom.
Reply Quote
The monster hp Scaling.

Discuss.

NON-SHARED LOOT is what killed group play. There isn't any incentive to risk being in the action. You can join a game at an MP level definitely over your head, follow behind good players, and collect your crappy loot just like them.

I hated losing good drops to auto pickers, faster computers, faster connections, etc...But you know what, I'd take that back any day over the system we ended up with. There was an excitement from killing a boss. Very little in D3 excites me.
Reply Quote
The HP scale WAS toned way down! Imagine when MP levels just started it was HORRIBLE.

I think it can further scale down a little more but not too much.
Reply Quote
there needs to be ehp/tdps requirements to join mp10 pub games. until reqs are placed--pub games will consist of leeches and carriers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]