Diablo® III

You know what is killing Group Play?

no xp bonus in co-op is killing co-op

d2 made ppl want more ppl
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Technoviking
there needs to be ehp/tdps requirements to join mp10 pub games. until reqs are placed--pub games will consist of leeches and carriers.

not good enough
it depends on the build, some have sick multipliers and some are just sheet DPS. some are very good mitigating dmg/recovering life and they can tank much better than 'sheet' eHP with no returns. some take party buffs heavily and even if their dmg is sub par, they boost party output by a lot.
an automated system wouldn't make it work.
make vote kick work smoothly, and prevent the same mofo from joining once he's kicked.
Reply Quote
Play with a good group. Dont play pubs they are horrible.
Reply Quote
If anyone looking for partners to far mp10 just add me , and that's it's true sometimes sheet dps is a joke agains some mobs or pack at mp10
Reply Quote
The monster hp Scaling.

Discuss.

To a degree I would agree.

I've noticed Elites with like 75 million or more health in MP5..er... maybe it was 7. Sometimes the regular monsters seem a bit much. But I wouldn't reduce HP more than say 10%.

On top of that you don't get more loot unlike in D2 when you were in a party of 8 you got more loot. Of course more loot equals more trash.

How about more gold as an incentive? I mean if I got 100% more gold then co-op would be much more desirable. Or maybe start with 25%.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 11:38 AMPosted by okComputer
Play with a good group. Dont play pubs they are horrible.

Some are good, some are bad.

It's more like 50/50.
Reply Quote
cm/sms wizoverawe monk with palmhota barb0dog WD= 10 second packs on mp10

^^^ This

People using party buffs and being unselfish > Each person trying to max their own damage a little more.

For me, ultimate group:
WD with big bad voodoo (slamdance) and mass confusion (paranoia)
CM Wizard with (slow time which increases damage or attack speed)
Monk with overawe
Barb for the RA / Armor shout
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Matias
there needs to be ehp/tdps requirements to join mp10 pub games. until reqs are placed--pub games will consist of leeches and carriers.

not good enough
it depends on the build, some have sick multipliers and some are just sheet DPS. some are very good mitigating dmg/recovering life and they can tank much better than 'sheet' eHP with no returns. some take party buffs heavily and even if their dmg is sub par, they boost party output by a lot.
an automated system wouldn't make it work.
make vote kick work smoothly, and prevent the same mofo from joining once he's kicked.

exactly why I said tdps.
Reply Quote
View profile
So then there should be zero difference in coop as far as the monsters are concerned. Where adding in an extra player will not change them at all. Where it would only be even more of a faceroll than before. Sorry but the monsters have to get a boost somewhere and hp is the best part to boost.
Reply Quote
Well I am one of those that knows if I can't handle an mp then I will not be on it.
Reply Quote
no its not.

increasing monster health @70% per additional player is simply an EXP boost for multiplayer.

* monster health is 70% per person.

* a 4 man party means mobs are increased by 310% .

* assuming 4 people kill 4 mobs. in total, each 310% x 4 of monster hp was reduced to 0, 4x100% of mob xp was gained per person

* therefore 1240% total dmg dealt = 1600% total xp gained

* equivalent to 100% dmg dealt = 129% xp gained.

* ie: monster health reduction is equivalent to a 29% exp bonus in a 4 man game.

--
yes personally they should simply change it to bonus monster health = 100% per person, each person grants 8%-10% exp bonus , because its more obvious.

groups of similarly geared players (ie: play among equals) benefit mosts. esp since alot of skills are party buffs that ensure some synergy (bone chill conflag, valley of death, overawe guiding light etc) I suppose the current paradigm was done so that players leeching is discouraged and multiboxes don't just have follow mules. (ie: leechers simply slow down everyone including the leecher).

A person with 200k DPS joins a public game and everyone else has 40k or less, how is staying in this team at all beneficial to the 200k person?

Simple, it's not. unless a person has at least 70% of your DPS then the health increase slows you down.
Reply Quote

A person with 200k DPS joins a public game and everyone else has 40k or less, how is staying in this team at all beneficial to the 200k person?

Simple, it's not. unless a person has at least 70% of your DPS then the health increase slows you down.

you do know i said its best when its amongst equals.

otherwise an undergeared tanky monk and a cmwiz.
the monk can contribute 98% party buff dps if he wanted.

breaking wave 10%
exploding palm flesh is weak 10%
inner sanctuary - forbidden palace 15%
mantra -overawe - 48%
cyclone strike - soothing breeze
guiding light - 15%

he would hardly be affecting you at all and contributing free cyclone strike crowd gathering and heals..

--
and I did go by rationale that the design of it now, is to discourage active leeching. (ie: the person carrying has no incentive to recruit people to be carried)

--

what you are saying is that the game should make it an incentive where it is desirable for 1 person to carry 3 leechers and that style is "desirable group play"?

I don't agree with that.

---

the problem right now can be solved by fixing kicking.

a) party leader gets ability to kick anyone for any reason no need to vote no need for time limits, can kick unlimited number of times and unlimited distance away.

b) once kicked, you can never join back that game unless invited.

c) other party members can initiate a vote kick. it only takes 2 persons to for the kick to be initiated.

that way leechers in mp10 will get auto kicked and leechers who open games to public will see either 2 persons kick him off, OR they leave.

a license to play mp difficulty would also work
eg: kill 15 elites on mp10 solo before you can join a public mp10 game. if you get kicked your license to play mp10 is revoked and you need to kill 15 elites again solo
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/21/2013 4:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 04:37 AMPosted by TemptedNZ
The game being terrible? Is that it?

Thats it.
Reply Quote

i would think the better combo is

1 cm wiz/sns (bone chill) 15%
1 dh running valley of death
1 monk running overawe/guiding light spam
1 monk running cyclonestrike / mantra of retribution/transgression , flesh is weak palm

anyone have a better group combo?

Your DH needs to be alive to contribute to the group. :P

It's not as hard as you think it is to keep a DH alive
Reply Quote
So I am just a tad over 100k dps and I join a public game and there is one other guy dealing 180k dps and two others dealing 70-85k dps. And we are playing MP5.

Is this good? bad? ok?
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Actually, group play is beat to death by n00bs and punks!

That's why i stopped playing WoW long time ago, and the fact that finding a good guild was like finding a decent job. All these applications just for the privilege of raiding with a couple of decent players.

Make co-op fun by adding something like defend the castle mode, or horde mode, becase if co-op gets some major buffs then it will become more efficient then solo play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]