Diablo® III

Public games co-op ethics.

03/20/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Coffee
#12: Always ALWAYS save all level 58 legendary wizard hats and shoulders to throw down consistently when a pack dies.

^^^
HA

Sometimes (like now when there are NO legendaries dropping for me in mp8) I take my unid frostburn gauntlets that I've saved and throw the on them ground just to get my light beacon fix!

*Note, Frostburn, stone gauntlets, and similarly crappy items should emit a BROWN light.
Edited by marmoset#1939 on 3/20/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/20/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Coffee
#12: Always ALWAYS save all level 58 legendary wizard hats and shoulders to throw down consistently when a pack dies.

Not for long you won't...
Reply Quote
I agree with everything except point #9. Sometimes people are happy with my rushing because they get free xp while they pick up the loot left behind. I usually don't do this if I'm joining a game however, only if I make my single player game open to public.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Neomobius
Sometimes people are happy with my rushing because they get free xp while they pick up the loot left behind.

This is ofcos case by case basis. Generally most players don't like leechers. It is ok 1 out of 3 are incompetent, if 2-3 of out of 4 players are leechers, it will affect the whole gaming process.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 11:26 AMPosted by marmoset
Assuming you mean "ethics" and not "ethnics" as in your current title. Fix that. Man that is a HUGE typo

N _ G G E R S

"People who annoy you"
Edited by Montus#1499 on 3/20/2013 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
#1) That means getting ready for my next play session before I know what I want to do before I log out. No.

#3) Yes, but without knowing whose using what before you jump into the game is hard. Jumping in, looking around and doing research on your temporary soon-to-be-forgotten allies just so their moments in time with you are slightly more convenient? No.

#6) Meh.

#7) The game will announce this for me. No.

#8) Not required but the game is usually linear so there isn't a big choice here.

#9) Keep up. Speed is generally one of two things; Limiting your breathing-time where you're doing nothing and looking for a new group or you waste too much time looking at blue drops. Keep up.

#10) Then there's always 'that guy' whose doping around his stash for 3 minutes. Leave him in town, press on ahead. If you need an entire group to press forward, then wait. And wait. And wait. Because 'that guy' doesn't 'get' that he's doing nothing.

#11) Why not? Unless you need their help and they're #10 'that guy' derping in town constantly.

#12) Nothing good is really offered your foxhole friends that could earn you a big chunk of change on the auction house. It just won't happen and more often than not they have something better and they'll accept it so they can sell it on the AH. Exceptions are HC and anything before Inferno.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skill awareness should only be reserved for same-classes where you don't need two of the same warcry or mantra. Otherwise, just deal with whatever your allies are bringing to the table even when it affects your particular build negatively. It's probably working for them just fine.

Things I hate;
Town-derpers who sit in town for extended periods at a time looking at their items. #10's 'that guy'.
Specifically when they aren't AFK. You see them moving around. They're confused. They don't know what's going on. They're probably drunk and/or high, realistically. I've even ASKED these derpers what they are doing. Some even say "I don't know." or are REALLY out of it and ask "What?"

#13: Going AFK. Say that you go AFK. Don't just announce when you get back, no one cares. They can SEE when you're back because you're doing stuff again. Say when you've left. That's the only time it matters.

#14: Shrines. Call 'em out, wait a moment so everyone can share these things. Specifically when you just jumped down to a new level. Grabbing it as quickly as you can just because you can isn't always the best choice. Getting that MF shrine while fighting elites on MP10 with full health who won't die until the shrine wears off? BAD IDEA. WASTED! Right before they die? Good.

#15: Revives. Do this first. Don't scrounge across the floor for all the items, ID everything, heal up, buff up, compare new items to old ones then revive someone. That's about as absent minded as town-derping.
Reply Quote
I forgot MP games are now open to the public. I'm about to ruin so many runs.
Reply Quote
1. gee, ya think? Should have been posted a year ago. FYI I *do* do my administrative stuff when leaving a pub game full of unqualified leechers, tho. they've already wasted enough of my time, so i waste some of theirs. i'm sure they're 110% oblivious to it, tho.

2. barb world problems

3. i usually see one monk say "hey can you ...." and the other monk say ..... and do ...... nothing. some have clue, some have none.

4. tmi. no, j/k i do it.

5. yeah and better yet something to indicate that goblin has been activated, if applicable. i usually do something like "ggggggg" or w/e. btw "KW" = key warden.

6. i do. rarely acknowledge.

7. sometimes.

8. sure, and keep a swift pace, while you're at it.

9. used to be a problem, but now that u can play high MP in pubs and few if any players can just waltz through everything, not so much.

10. sure

11. w/e. "i do what i want!"

12. there's no such thing. it goes: keep>>AH>>salvage

-----------

(some srs, some not? ymmv.....)

13. be sure to type '1' or '0' if u do or don't get a key, cuz i totally care.

14. don't be that guy who has to go for every revive even when there is somebody else reviving. if i am first to revive and someone else walks over and starts to revive within the first 1/4-second or so, i walk away. ain't nobody got time for redundant revives. (note this is referring to post-combat revives, not in-combat revives. in-combat, hey do what u gotta do.)

15. (soon to be moot but...) don't stand by me when you're ID'ing. i'm a pro ID'er and i do it by sound and yours mixing with mine throws off my timing. (not rly. like i said, i'm pro. but it is annoying ;P)

16. use voice chats. a lot. and listen to mine.

17. learn the etiquette of revival/respawn/waiting while dead. if u can respawn and banner back in faster than a teammate can revive you, DO IT!

18. be aware of DH tactics/limitations; my specific build, even! (other classes, you'll have to speak up for yourselves; sry i'm not familiar ... other than "yeah let the CM wiz pull"):
-- realize that it's tricky for bola shot to shoot down stairs/ramps/inclines because it doesn't pierce through the map like certain other skills do. try to keep the battle in position for them to not have to fight both this effect and the mobs.
-- and of course Steady Aim DH needs some breathing room to get in position to keep their bonus. and also realize that all it takes is one blazing ghoul or fallen harassing them, to ruin that bonus.

19. learn the "optimal" routes for common areas. e.g. tower of the damned 1 u go counterclockwise so u can see if there's elites on the stairs. tower of the damned 2 go the "high road" for the same reason.

20. drop all ur garbage by the stash or vendor, cuz .. yeah, don't. P.S. do u rly have to drop a white that u accidentally picked up, when u'r standing at the dang vendor already?

21. concentrate fire on the elite that's about to die; don't everyone pick their own target.

22. fgs don't click the azmodan soulstone thing unless you are the last one in the chamber, by yourself!!!!!!!!

23. advance the quest whenever possible. if you are the first one in town, click the exclamation mark dude. if you have nothing better to do, go to the armory to kill the little spawny things to advance the quest. etc.

24. in general, learn enough about the other classes to learn what buffs/curses are being cast. and take advantage of them. use the wiz globes, DH guardian sentry, etc.

25. press spacebar as fast as possible when quest rewards, plot exposition, etc. pops up, cuz nobody wants to hear that garbage.

(..... yeah, you'd think the whole game consists of act 3. =\)

enough for now...
Edited by STG#1110 on 3/20/2013 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
where good old times.... join game, insult eachother then hostile and kill

now you have to care about your behavior, or you get reported and even temp-banned, lol
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Technoviking
socialibility doesn't exist in a game lacking social systems

It's so hard to communicate with 4 people in this game...wait...no it isn't.
Quit trolling
Reply Quote
I can't remember the last time I played in a public game...my last few experiences were less than pleasant...PvP has made things considerably worse from what I hear, I know good people that do PvP with their CHAT turned off b/c of the amount of sh*t being talked these days.
Reply Quote
@STG Added some good points you mentioned. Thanks
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 3/20/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Like to bring up an observation while playing In higher MP public games.

When we encounter elites, we very much needed the entire party to stay together and bring them down. When a player is killed and the remaining players has to handle the elites, that player can simply resurrect him/sherself and get back to battle. Quite a few times I noticed a player just lie die there waiting to be resurrect in the middle of an elite fight.
Reply Quote
@Jinx point 13 ^^
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Odin

I doubt they will bring back hostility mode anywhere in dungeons like D1, *not even D2 hostility in town*

This will remain my biggest disappointment of Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
just a few peeves.

a) ww barbs, if you are going to run ahead, pls run back and drag mobs to the blender. don't just run ahead to the next pack. on high MP levels WHITES drop more legendaries in terms of "total legends from whites vs total legends from elites" on a per run basis

b) if you are a bell monk and your BELL cannot 1 hit ko mobs, then change to cyclone strike. bells are so annoying in pub games. you knock things out of everyone's aoe.

eg: skills that benefit from close clustered mobs
sweeping wind cyclones
exploding palm
valley of death
CM wiz freeze
hunger arrow spray of teeth
bola shot
spike trap echoing blast
acid rain
dogs/bears
meteor
living lighting.

the most popular skills in the game are AOE. scatter mobs is bad for efficiency.

same thing with windforce DH. don't use windforce in groups.

same thin with wizards, absolutely never use wave of force teleporting wave with mirror image duplicates unless you want to scatter mobs 2 screens away.

c) if you see a solo 1 or 2 mobs, just ignore them and run to the next, those stragglers will either walk to the group of 4-5 mobs you are actually killing or can be ignored for efficiency. unless they are actually dangerous. (Like heralds, blood clan occultists)

d) don't leech. just this morning 29k dps monk and 58k dps wiz enters a mp10 pub game. i mean wtf, do you think you'll actually find it productive when either you will get kicked or the other members will troll you or just leave.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/20/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 10:32 PMPosted by chrisloup
b) if you are a bell monk and your BELL cannot 1 hit ko mobs, then change to cyclone strike. bells are so annoying in pub games. you knock things out of everyone's aoe.

This is why I use a combo of bell and cyclone strike.
Reply Quote

now you have to care about your behavior, or you get reported and even temp-banned, lol

vouch. this needs to be back. this carebear shiatz must be removed. all you people acting nice is just a facade when deep down inside all you want is to talk trash and smear shiatz back at them. all fake.

d2 was a cowboy world and this was one of the features that made the game so funny and enjoyable.
Edited by AvantGarde#6595 on 3/21/2013 2:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 11:25 PMPosted by AvantGarde
d2 was a cowboy world and this was one of the features that made the game so funny and enjoyable.

lol actually everyone was polite in D1 becos they don't want to be ganked by the other 3 *while fighting in dungeon* and drop their bloody ears! ;)

D2 already remove that kind of fun imo.
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 3/21/2013 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]