Diablo® III

Public games co-op ethics.

Great list.

#16: Never revive players that OBVIOUSLY can't handle the MP lvl. It just encourages them to stay.
Reply Quote
Great list.

#16: Never revive players that OBVIOUSLY can't handle the MP lvl. It just encourages them to stay.

if you can't kick them, then just troll them, if they obviously can't handle the level make sure leave behind straggler mobs that will kill them if they hang around to pick up loot. and make them impede their progress. if they go near the mobs you are actually killing to benefit from exp, immediately move on to the next pack and let the mobs you were previously trailing kill. or simply as a group go to town and do some gear id and craft some radiant stars.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Kaspa

Hmmm ^^;
Reply Quote
Here's my tip.

If your're the glass cannon sort.. When you click on a banner/flag to join the action. Don't click on the barb's flag where your're instantly teleported right into the middle of 3 elites, with desecrator, arcane, etc. etc. and instantly dead. It takes 1 second to look at your upper left corner and find (likely a ranged class) best person to click on.
Reply Quote
#1 If you can't kill the elites on that MP solo on average in about 10-15 seconds , you shouldn't be in that mp in a public game.
Reply Quote
Seriously I have seen so many characters on mp10 with under 30k dps. Its funny how you can start out in a good game and as 1 person leaves they are replaced by some undergeared character until its only yourself and a group of quill bait following you around. Another small problem in public games is setting your skills to fit a playstyle like CM Wizard and then halfway through the run they leave and when you change your skills to your normal build your NV is gone =( I wish there was like a 2 minute grace period to change skills without loosing NV when a player leaves or enters the game.
Reply Quote

3:- Choose your skills to match with the team, eg. If you see a CM wiz, monk can consider Cyclone strike or exploding palm. If the group focus on CM perma freeze, please remove your echoing fury or move it to offhand where it procs less. Multiple monks in the same game should choose different mantras to get more group bonus.

I have problems with this one. No one wants to change a fine-tuned build because that'll lead to confusion and more deaths (and that goes against #2). Not to mention you sound like you want others to adapt to your build, which I hope is not the case.

I have Windforce that procs knockback VERY often and fits very well with my build and my friends'. I know it's annoying to perma freeze builds but it's not like I can just change bows whenever I go public.

#3 is something you do in team games, not public.

Part of the charm of multiplayer games is dealing with the curveballs that others throw at you. Willingly or not.
Reply Quote
@Axelord, thanks for the tip! I play mostly melee never thought of that!!
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 08:22 AMPosted by Sebekis
I wish there was like a 2 minute grace period to change skills without loosing NV when a player leaves or enters the game.

According to Blizzard losing NV was feedback by closed beta testers, I really hope they will consider removing this!
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 3/21/2013 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I have problems with this one. No one wants to change a fine-tuned build because that'll lead to confusion and more deaths (and that goes against #2). Not to mention you sound like you want others to adapt to your build, which I hope is not the case.

I have Windforce that procs knockback VERY often and fits very well with my build and my friends'. I know it's annoying to perma freeze builds but it's not like I can just change bows whenever I go public.

#3 is something you do in team games, not public.

Part of the charm of multiplayer games is dealing with the curveballs that others throw at you. Willingly or not.

excellent recommendations for people who want to get kicked from public games all the time.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/28/2013 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1. True
2. It's optional, and it varies. You're right for some parties and not for others.
3. No. Many players have gear that specifically focus on certain skills. Switching for every game would be almost impossible. You're also wasting time sitting there and reading everyone else's skills.
4. That's usually true, but in some games, the party splits up.
5. That's nice to do, but you don't always have time.
6. They're automatically made aware of your arrival.
7. They're made aware of that too.
8. This varies. Some parties don't have designated leaders. Also, parties usually figure it out and tend to stay close.
9. I'm neutral on this one. The only time that it's a problem is when one person rushed ahead and leaves enemies behind.
10. They tend to do this, but it's not always easy to coordinate.
11. That's up to individual players, unless they all agree to only pick up rares and legendaries up front. People getting started in a new difficulty level are a lot more likely to pick up blues.
12. I drop designs and potions that I don't need, but that's my personal preference. Those things are worth gold, and you can't expect people to just give them away.
13. Sometimes, it's not clear how the battle will turn out. You might re-spawn, go back to town, and by the time you follow his/her banner back, that player has already died and is at the beginning of the level. It's also acceptable for a weaker player to "sit that fight out" and just wait to be resurrected after it's over.
14. The routes all vary, and different parties may have different mindsets. Some may want to complete more of the level for experience and stuff, while others may make a beeline straight for the end.
15. That's not always optimal. Every battle is different, and it's many times easier to attack some enemies than others.
16. That's not a bad idea, but the ranged character may be further behind.
Reply Quote
I have been thinking WW barb players should stay with WW barbs or play solo, they really disrupt co-op playing experience ..... they need to move fast to keep WOTB up .... which is very frustrating for other players in the same game.
Reply Quote
Yeah...I'm going to type in a smiley face at everyone...WTF miss manners.
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Fireblade
I have been thinking WW barb players should stay with WW barbs or play solo, they really disrupt co-op playing experience ..... they need to move fast to keep WOTB up .... which is very frustrating for other players in the same game.

This is so true, usually when I see a ww barb charging ahead like no body business, I will just leave the game. If you are a ww barb either you change your play style or just keep it solo game. NO ONE IS impress with your speed in co-op game.

Not only ww barb, MONK is one of them also.

AND FOR FKING seek help other KILL THE BLAZING GHOUL TRASH. I have seen countless times player get killed by these ghouls when they are heavily injured by the elites, run to other side and a group of ghouls that they have ignored earlier on blow their !@# with 1 hit.
Edited by sweeper#6858 on 4/5/2013 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]