Diablo® III

New Legendary Ideas - Vol II

The first post reached the 500 reply cap... but those ideas can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087089823

Ok... time for some more ideas. Here are a few more build-worthy ideas that I had floating around:

===========================================
Scorpion Spear
Legendary Spear

- +200-600 Fire Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +150-200 Strength
- Attack Speed Increased by 10-15%
- Enemies Hit by Ancient Spear Burn for 80% Weapon Damage over 2 Seconds
- Reduces Cooldown of Ancient Spear by 10 Seconds, but removes Fury Generation

"Get over here!"
The Black Book
Legendary Wizard Source

- +100-(400-450) Damage
- +200-250 Intelligence
- +15-20% Damage to Poison Skills
- One of 4 magical properties
------ Arcane Orb now deals damage as Poison
------ Meteor now deals damage as Poison
------ Blizzard now deals damage as Poison
------ Explosive Blast now deals damage as Poison
- 15-20% Chance to Curse nearby enemies with -20% Poison Resistance for 5 seconds on hit
- Enemies Slain by Poison Damage have a 10-20% Chance to Revive as Undead Servants that deal Poison Damage with 50% of their original stats.

"You who would open this book - know that you tempt fate - with every word and every breath you cloud yourself with darkness, madness, and the most vile of things."
Helsing's Stake
Legendary Dagger

- +400-600 Holy Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +20-30% Damage to Undead
- One of 3 sets of properties
------ +150-200 Strength
------ Reduces Fury Cost of Throw Weapon by 2-5 Fury (Barbarian Only)
------ or
------ +150-200 Dexterity
------ Reduces Hatred Cost of Impale by 2-5 Hatred (Demon Hunter Only)
------ or
------ +150-200 Dexterity
------ Increases Spirit Generated by Deady Reach by 2-5 (Monk Only)
------ or
------ +150-200 Intelligence
------ Increases Acane Power gained by Spectral Blades by 2-5 (Wizard Only)
------ or
------ +150-200 Intelligence
------ Reduces Mana Cost of Poison Darts by 2-5 Mana (Witch Doctor Only)
- 20.0-30.0% Chance to Paralyze Undead Enemies on hit
- Undead Slain Enemies Erupt with Holy energy dealing 40% Weapon Damage to nearby enemies

"Carved from the branch of the Gray Tree of the Paladin Order, this ancient relic is said to have remarkable powers for dispatching the unholy and undead from Sanctuary."
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/14/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Shadow Keep
Legendary Shield

- +200-300 Dexterity
- +70-100 Vitality
- Increases Attack Speed by 15%
- Increases Hatred Regeneration by 3-5 per Second (Demon Hunter Only)
- Increases Discipline Regeneration by 1 per Second while at Full Hatred (Demon Hunter Only)
- Increases the Range of Caltrops by 4-8 yards
- 10-15% Chance to Cast Caltrops when hit

"This was fashioned from the shell of a Shadow Beast from a lower level of the Burning Hells - may it protect you when you inevitably face darkness once more."
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/14/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A few people tried their hand at a similar set, but none of them really grabbed my attention... to be honest this one may need some work, too.

Cow King's Horns
Legendary Helmet

- +200-250 Defense
- +50-80 Resistance to All Elements
- +10-15% Life
- +20-30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
- +20-30% More Gold from Monsters
- Immune to Knockback

"Moo."
Cow King's Hide
Legendary Armor

- +20-30% Defense
- +80-100 Strength
- +80-100 Dexterity
- +80-100 Intelligence
- +80-100 Vitality
- +20-30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
- +20-30% More Gold from Monsters
- Regenerates 250-500 Life per Second

"MooOOOooo."
Cow King's Hooves
Legendary Boots

- +150-250 Defense
- +50-100 Strength
- +50-100 Dexterity
- +50-100 Intelligence
- +50-100 Vitality
- +35-50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
- 50% Chance to Emit Forked Lightning when hit
- Increases Movement Speed by 24%

"Moo, moo moo moo, moo."
Cow King's Yoke
Legendary Belt

- Increases Life by 5000-7500
- +25-30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
- 2.00-3.00% Damage Converted to Life
- Reduces Melee Damage by 10-15%
- Critical Hit Damage Increased by 25-50%
- Health and Gold Pickup Radius Increased by 10-15 yards

"Moo?"
Cow King's Bell
Legendary Amulet

- +50-(100-150) Damage
- Increases Attack Speed by 10-15%
- +100-120 Strength
- +100-120 Dexterity
- +100-120 Intelligence
- +100-120 Vitality
- Each Hit Adds 700-900 Life
- +50-60% More Gold from Monsters

"Moo moo moo."
Cow King's Legacy
(2) Set
------ +80 Resistance to All Elements
(3) Set
------ +100 Strength
------ +100 Dexterity
------ +100 Intelligence
------ +100 Vitality
(4) Set
------ +50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
------ +50% More Gold from Monsters
Full Set
------ 20% Chance to Cast Threatening Shout when hit
------ 15% Chance to Cast Battle Cry when hit
------ 10% Chance to Cast Frost Nova when hit
------ Health and Gold Pickup Radius Increased by 20 yards
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/14/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No other ideas? Hmm... ok... DH set!

The Inquisitor
Legendary Two-Handed Crossbow

- +500-(750-850) Holy Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +0.20-25 Attacks per Second
- +20-25% Damage to Demons
- Increases Critical Hit Damage by 80-100%
- 10.0-20.0% Chance to *Concecrate Slain Enemies

"Let my judgment be swift, and my actions ever-lasting. That which is unholy must be cleansed from this world."
The Crimson Shade
Legendary Helmet

- +200-250 Dexterity
- +80-100 Vitality
- +60-80 Resistance to All Elements
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 5.0-6.0%
- Reduces Damage from Ranged Attacks by 5-10%
O Empty Socket

"Why would you wear such a brilliant hat? Do you not fear the demons will see?"

"That is the point, my son. I want them to fear me."

The Crimson Cloak
Legendary Cloak (Demon Hunter Only)

- +150-180 Dexterity
- +80-120 Vitality
- Movement Speed Increased by 24%
- Reduces Damage from Melee Attacks by 5-10%
- 10.0-20.0% Chance to Cast Blinding Flash when hit
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"A bit lavish, perhaps, but functional all the same. Beneath these robes lie sturdy armor, and ample room for devices of lethal cunning."
The Confirmation
Legendary Amulet

- +25-(50-75) Damage
- +200-250 Dexterity
- Regenerates 200-400 Life per Second
- Each Hit Adds 600-750 Life
- Increases Attack Speed by 10-15%
- Health and Gold Pickup Radius Increased by 8-10 yards

"I do swear to uphold the teachings of the hunters. I will seek out evil in this world, and send it back to whatever realm from which it spawned."
The Congregation
Legendary Quiver (Demon Hunter Only)

- +250-300 Dexterity
- +20-25% Damage to Undead
- Increases Attack Speed by 15-20%
- Increases Hatred Regeneration by 2.00-3.00 per Second (Demon Hunter Only)
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 8.0-10.0%
- 10.0-20.0% Chance to **Smite Enemies

"Let these guide your judgment. The heads will pierce even the thickest of hides or armor. Let nothing stand before you on your journey."
Inquisitor's Rhetoric
---- The Inquisitor
---- The Crimson Shade
---- The Crimson Cloak
---- The Confirmation
---- The Congregation

(2) Set:
------ +130 Dexterity
(3) Set:
------ +600 Defense
(4) Set:
------ 3.00% Damage Converted to Life
Full Set:
------ Adds +10% Damage as Holy
------ Reduces Discipline Cost of All Skills by 10%

*Concecrate: Slain Enemies burst with Holy energy, leaving behind a mist of divine magic that damages any enemies that pass through that area for 80% Weapon Damage over 4 Seconds.
**Smite: Calls forth a divine bolt from the heavens, stunning the enemy for 2 seconds.
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/14/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What my items are trying to accomplish is that, by not using the common dps and survivability affixes, or applying them into an unusual fashion; builds, underpowered skills, and play-styles can be produced.
You could say that these items are intended to provide a new way of looking into the old affixes and/or being good alternatives to current BiS. Item's that you could build your skill's and char around them.

Edit: I've seen in other threads propositions of affixes that would "grow" based on the chars Paragon Levels. I think it's a good/great idea, so I'll be using it within the legs that I present here. There's too many threads poping in the forums so I probably won't be able to find the first person that came up with this idea and post it. Nevertheless, I thank you, and hope that you enjoy my "design".

.Increase Chance of Finding a Health Globe By: 25-45%.
.Health Globes and Potions Grant 7500-15000 life.
.Increases Gold and Health Pickup Radius By 15-35 Yards.
.Wearer is Immune to Poison Damage.
.Ghoom's Glutony*.
.Ghoom's Never Ending Famine*1.

*. Every time the wearer consumes a health globe and is healed by it there's a 25% of Ghoom's Severed Gut spawning a stationary Poison Cloud of 5 yards. The Cloud deals 1500% weapon damage over 10 secs as Poison damage type. If a creature's killed within the cloud it's spawns an adjacent Cloud with the same properties. Each cannot spawn more then 2 other Clouds in this way. Clouds cannot stack upon each other.

*1. When inside of a Poison Cloud the wearer recieves a 5% movement bonus. Futhermore, every time the wearer consumes a health globe and is healed by it he/she gains 1% movement speed to a maximum of 15%. The bonus last 10 secs and is reset by consuming a health globe. The increased speed of both bonuses is not counted towards the movement cap.

The stench is revolting to my guts; felling it wrapped around my belly, trying to free itself brings an intense chilling to my spine; the sight of it's almost unbearable to my eyes; the sounds that it makes as it consumes my foes is nightmarish, and yet I feel depply attached to it, a viceral feeling; not mentioning I've never been this hungry my whole life.

.10-20% Life.
.10% Chance of Casting Ground Stomp/Wrenching Smash When Hit.
.5% Chance of Casting Earthquake/Chilling Earth When Hit.
.Immune to Frozen and Cold Damage.
.All Creatures In a Radius of 15-20 Yards Have Their Movement Speed Decreased by Half.
.The Sacred Pledge.*

*. Whenever the wearer takes damage equal or more then 15% of his health pool, an Ancient Barbarian Ghost is summoned. The base damage of the Ghost will be 60% of the wearer. It will randomly spawn with 1 out 5 abillities: Weapon Throw/Ricohet; Seismic Slam/Rumble; Rend/Ravage; HoTA/Birthright; Whirlwind/Dust Devils. All abilities damage correspond to that of the skill. The Ghosts last until they're killed. No more then 5 Ghosts can be active simultaenously.
[The Ghosts share the same traits as a Wd Zombie Dog]

The Spirit Clan was the guardian of all the tribes ancestors, the keepers of their souls; forever bounded to Arreat. The leader and most revered amongst them was the elder shaman. Whevever great peril approached the mountain, he would travel around Arreat, his footsteps awakening the tribes spirits to the coming battle, after all Death was nothing compared to their oath.

.12-24% Movement Speed.
.025-050 Attacks per Second.
.Increases Damage Against Elites by 25-50%
.Slippery Shadow.*
.Shadow Infusion.*1
.Shadow Blood.*2

*. Whenever the wearer is subject to a control impairing effect or curse there's 25% chance that it will be negated. When it happens the wearer also gains a 50% movement speed boost for 2 seconds.

*1. Whenever the wearer is hit there's a 5% chance of the shadow infusion to be activated. For 15 secs. the wearer gains immunity to physical damage and 25% resistance to other damage types. Every attack has 10% chance to kill any non-elite/rare monster it hits, regardless of the damage. Whenever a creature's killed that way it explodes dealing 180% weapon damage to everyone in 15 yard radius. The Shadow Infusion ability cannot be activated more then once every 45 seconds.
[the wearer's appearance become similar to Shadow Power/Gloom but without the green wings].

*2. Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage bonuses provided by: Gear, Passives and Skills, aren't applied to the wearer's overall damage. All bonuses provided by the Wearer's Gear are instead, converted as following: All Critical Hit Chance in gear is converted to Min-Max Damage on ratio of 1%=1-10 damage. And critical Hit Damage in gear is converted on the ratio of 50%=150 life regeneration, 100 armor, 10 all resistance.
[Critical Hit % still applies to crit calculating effects such as BF:ItF, Vengeance, Critical Mass, etc...]

The Shadow, The Darkness, The Abyss. All different names to the same Entity. It's one of the forces of Creation, therefore it isn't necessarily evil as The Light isn't necessarily good. They 'feed' each other, in the never ending cycle we call Life. It's way, The Shadow Way, of 'loving' those that embrace it is to infuse it's very essence onto them. Therefore, to choose that path, that love, is to become part of the Shadow itself. Choose carefully, young one, but choose with your soul. For there's no coming back after you've done it.

Linarian.

.15% Chance to Dodge. (Not subject to diminishing returns).
.400-750 Armor.
.Increases Gold and Health Pickup Radius 20-25 Yards.
.M'avina's Strategical Retreat.*
.M'avina's Counter-Attack.*1
.M'avina's Deflection.*2

*. Whenever the wearer takes damage that would otherwise kill he/she, that damage is negated and the wearer backflips 20 yards. After the flip the wearer gains invulnerability for 2 secs. That effect cannot be triggered more then once per minute.

*1. Whenever the wearer dodge's a melee attack there's a 10% chance that a counter-attack will be iniciated. If the monster is not an elite/boss/rare it's automaticaly killed. Elites/Bosses/Rares that are hit take 100% weapon damage and are stunned for 2 secs.

*2. Whenever the wearer is subject to a ranged attack and dodge's it the projectile is thrown back at the attacker. The maximum reach of the counter attack's determined by your pickup radius.

Instead of blabbering about how many arrows per minute you can shoot, or how far can you throw your javelin young one, know that, in combat, the first rule's to stay alive. A dead Amazon can't kill anything.

.12-24% Movement Speed.
.Adds 0,25% to Lightning Damage per Paragon Level.
.0,25% to Cast Eletrocute/Chain Lightning - per Paragon Level - on Hit.
.2.80-3,00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life.
.Titan's Blood.*
.Lightning's Conflagration.*1

*. All your elemental weapon-damage is converted to lightning and if you're using a lightning-based skill/rune you gain 50% damage reduction to lightning. Every time you receive a lightning based-damage and it deals more then 10% damage of your health pool, every enemy in 15 yard radius is eletrocuted for the same damage.

*1. Every time you deal lightning damage to a monster there's a 5% chance of stunning it for 2 seconds. If an enemy is killed while stunned it explodes releasing a shock pulse that deals 60% of the monsters health pool as damage to all enemys within a 20 yard radius. The shock pulse is considered a lighning-based attack in terms of proccing the Lightning's Conflagration effect.
[Items, Passives and skills that have the property of "x% chance to stun on hit" contribute, i.e. get their percentages added to the total % chance of stunning.]

The Hands of the Gods are merciless. They punish the wicked swiftly by droping all of the sky's mighty onto their heads. Unbelievers and doubters are fulminated and no trace's left of their wickedness.

.Imperius Battle Orders.*
.Tyreal's Sacrifice.*1
.Auriel's Al'maiesh.*2
.Ithereal's Foresight.*3
.Malthael's Touch.*4
.Regenarates 12 Life per Second - per Paragon Level.

*. All party members that are within 20 yards of the wearer receive a bonus of 10 armor - per paragon level.

*1. Whenever a party member get's to 10% or lower Life, for 5 secs all of the damage that he/she might receive will be fully reverted to wearer. When the ability is activated the wearer gains a bonus of 0,65% - per paragon level - reduction to all types of damage; the reduction lasts for 5 secs. Tyrael's Sacrifice can not be triggered more then once per 35 secs.

*2. All party members within 20 yards of the wearer gain a 10% bonus to resource generation/regeneration.

*3. The wearer gains 0,2% dodge - per paragon Level.( Not subject to diminishing returns). Whenever the wearer succesfully dodges an attack all party members within 20 yards gain a 0,5% - per paragon level - damage bonus on their next attack.

*4. Whenever all party members are within 20 yards of each other, every ranged attack at any of them has an innate 0,2% - per Paragon Level - chance of being deflected back at the attacker.

Valor, Justice, Hope, Fate and Wisdom. The High Heaven's Archangels have always fought together. That unity is the very foundation of their strength.
posted on the other thread but it's dead, so:

Dang, I just wrote this whole item idea up and then i submitted it and the post didn't come up.Basically it's called Crown of Achievement Helm and it rolls powerful effects, but those effects don't actually work until you have unlocked certain achievements.It always has a socket (Requires Perfect Gemology and Like Stars in the Sky)But then can roll 6 other mods which are pretty unique

+10% maximum movement speed (requires in a hurry?)
+20% barbarian damage (requires all barbarian achievements)
+20% damage vs elites (requires Elitist Few)
+7% WW crit chance (requires blowin in the wind)
etc
Edited by Fourty2DNAD3#1130 on 3/12/2013 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think a legendary that had a 0.1-1.0% chance to do one of 100+ different and unlisted effects (some harmful, some helpful, some epic, some comedic) - would be high-larious.

maybe you do 25x damage
maybe you summon a keywarden to aid you
maybe you firewalk
maybe you turn yourself into a chicken
maybe you summon a keywarden - and they attack you and don't drop items on death
maybe you get a movement speed bonus

and so on...i'd leave it to the devs to get creative

Could call it Alara's Helm of Chance, idk...
Reply Quote
More ideas inspired by another conversation I was having about bracers...

Stalwart Brace
Legendary Bracers

- One of 3 magical properties
------ +70-100 Strength
------ +70-100 Dexterity
------ +70-100 Intelligence
- +12-15% Life
- Regenerates 400-550 Life per Second
- +8-10% Chance to Block
- +2 Random magical properties

"To this day stories are still told of the brave warrior that stood alone against many. He seemed to have endless fortitude in the face of certain death."
Gate Crashers
Legendary Bracers

- +(40-50)-(75-100) Average Damage
- +200-300 Armor
- Movement Speed Increased by 12%
- +2 Random magical properties

"Have you heard of the Castle Durroth?"

"No."

"This is why."

Assassin's Pledge
Legendary Bracers

- Adds 7-8% to Poison Damage
- +50-60 Poison Resistance
- Damage Against Elites Increased by 3-5%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 3.0-5.0%
- Critical Hit Damage Increased by 20-25%
- +1 Random magical property

"Many think me weak for attacking from the shadows. They may think what they like. It does not change my mission nor the effectiveness of my tactics."
Mystic Bindings
Legendary Bracers

- One of 5 magical properties
------ Adds 10-15% to Fire Skills
------ Adds 10-15% to Cold Skills
------ Adds 10-15% to Lightning Skills
------ Adds 10-15% to Arcane Skills
------ Adds 10-15% to Poison Skills
- +71-80 Resistance to All elements
- +80-100 Strength
- +80-100 Dexterity
- +80-100 Intelligence
- +80-100 Vitality
- 2.5-5.0% Chance to Cast Static Field when hit
- One of 5 sets of magical properties
------ Each Hit Adds 2-3 Fury (Barbarian Only)
------ Increases Maximum Fury by 15-20 (Barbarian Only)
------ or
------ Each Hit Adds 3-4 Hatred (Demon Hunter Only)
------ Increases Maximum Hatred by 20-25 (Demon Hunter Only)
------ or
------ Each Hit Adds 4-5 Spirit (Monk Only)
------ Increases Maximum Spirit by 30-40 (Monk Only)
------ or
------ Each Hit Adds 2-3 Arcane Power (Wizard Only)
------ Increases Maximum Arcane Power by 15-20 (Wizard Only)
------ or
------ Each Hit Adds 9-10 Mana (Witch Doctor Only)
------ Increases Maximum Mana by 50-80 (Witch Doctor Only)

"Commissioned by the great Tal Rasha himself, these bracers are able to tap into the very essense of power. Very fitting for a true hero."
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/14/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Killing Machine

Legendary Wand

(261-404)-(552-650) Damage
1.54 - 1.55 Attacks per Second
- +300-500 Arcane Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +200-250 Intelligence
- +5-20 Arcane Power on Crit
- Increases Damage Against Elites by 8.0-18.0%
- Enemies within 20 yards have a 10.0% - 20.0% of killing themselves.
O Empty Socket

The Vanishing

Legendary Wand

- +300-500 Arcane Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +200-250 Intelligence
- Enemies within 20 yards have a 10.0% - 20.0% of disappearing forever.
O Empty Socket
Reply Quote
Reduce recharge time of Wave of Force by 10 seconds.

Reduce the casting cost of Meteor by 75% for 5 seconds after casting Meteor.

Reduce the arming time of Spike Trap to .5 seconds.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 3/13/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Some more shield love...

Gibbering Mass
Legendary Shield

- +800-1000 Defense
- +10-12% Chance to Block
- Slows Nearby Enemies by 60%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 10.0-15.0% for 2 Seconds after Blocking an Attack
- 5.0-10.0% Chance to Summon an Imp when hit

"This mass of demon flesh and bone still courses with dark energies. It appears as though it has hands that would reach out and grab you. It has also been said that if you hit it just right, a fiend may pop out."
Pelta Delerium
Legendary Shield

- +15-18% Chance to Block
- 5.0-8.0% Chance to Frenzy on hit (Can stack 3 times)
- 5.0-8.0% Chance to Freeze Enemies on hit
- 5.0-8.0% Chance to Confuse Attacker for 5 Seconds when hit
- 5.0-8.0% Chance to Cast Mirror Image when hit
- 2% Chance to Hex Enemies for 10 Seconds on hit
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"I fear using this shield as much as my foes. I do not take it lightly... the ability to bend what is real. A mad man must have crafted this in a fit of delirium."
Mirrored Fate
Legendary Shield

- +5-10% Chance to Block
- +5-10% Resistance to All Elements
- 10-20% Chance to Reflect Melee Damage on a Blocked Attack
- 10-20% Chance to Reflect Ranged Damage on a Blocked Attack
- 5.0-10.0% Chance to cast Diamon Skin when hit
- Difuses Beam Attacks (Arcane Sentry, Ray of Frost, Disintegrate)

"No material of this world could carry so clear or crisp an image of what lies before it. I pity those that stand before it in defiance as they watch themselves fall."
Reply Quote
The Coiled Bow
Legendary Two-Handed Crossbow

- +500-(750-850) Fire Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- + 100 - 500 Dexterity
- Attack speed increased by 10-15%
- Hatred Regeneration +1.5 - 2 per second
- Increases Critical Hit Damage by 80-100%
- 10.0-20.0% Reduce enemy melee damage by 15-20%
The coil
Legendary Helmet

- +300 - 500 Armor
- +200 - 250 Dexterity
- +80 - 100 Vitality
- +60 - 80 Resistance to All Elements
- Reduces Damage from melee Attacks by 5-10%
- Increase Discipline by 5-10
O Empty Socket
The Coiled Cloak
Legendary Cloak (Demon Hunter Only)

- +200 - 400 Armor
- +150 -180 Dexterity
- +80 -120 Vitality
- Hatred Regeneration increased by 1-1.5 per second
- Reduces Damage from Melee Attacks by 5-10%
- 10.0-20.0% Chance to Cast Blinding Flash when hit
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
The Grabber
Legendary Amulet

- +25 - (50-75) Damage
- +200 - 250 Dexterity
- 10% chance when hit to drop a nearby Health Globe
- Each Hit Adds 600-750 Life
- Reduces Damage from Melee Attacks by 2-5%
- Health and Gold Pickup Radius Increased by 14-20 yards
The Coiled Spring
Legendary Quiver (Demon Hunter Only)

- +250 - 300 Dexterity
- +5-10% Damage to Elites
- Increases Attack Speed by 15-20%
- Increases Hatred Regeneration by 2.00-3.00 per Second (Demon Hunter Only)
- 10.0-20.0% Chance to Blind Enemy's
Coil toed boots
Legendary Boots

- + 200 - 400 Armor
- +250 - 300 Dexterity
- Discipline + 5 -15
- Increased run/walk speed by 24%
- Leaves a trail of *Fog
- Reduces melee Damage by 5-10%
Coiled Set

Each time you add a piece from the set you gain...

+50 Dex
+100 Defense
+1% Life steal
+.4 sec Hatred regeneration
+5% Reduced damage from melee Damage
+.5 Discipline per second
+1% Crit chance

Full/max bonuses you get from set are:
Armor: 1900
Dex: 2080
Vitality: 220
Crit chance: 32
Hatred Regeneration: 8 per sec
Reduced Damage from melee(with proc): 85%

*Fog: When you walk you leave behind a trail of fog that lasts for 5 seconds. When Monsters walk into your Fog they have a chance to gain one of the following effects.
20% chance to Blind for 2 seconds
80% chance to add Poison 40% weapon damage every 1 second they trigger this effect
15% chance to Confuse the enemy to attack for you for 3 seconds

FYI I just copied one of your sets and remodeled it. just to make it look prettier.
Reply Quote
Coiled Set

Each time you add a piece from the set you gain...

+50 Dex
+100 Defense
+1% Life steal
+.4 sec Hatred regeneration
+5% Reduced damage from melee Damage
+.5 Discipline per second
+1% Crit chance

Full/max bonuses you get from set are:
Armor: 1900
Dex: 2080
Vitality: 220
Crit chance: 32
Hatred Regeneration: 8 per sec
Reduced Damage from melee(with proc): 85%

*Fog: When you walk you leave behind a trail of fog that lasts for 5 seconds. When Monsters walk into your Fog they have a chance to gain one of the following effects.
20% chance to Blind for 2 seconds
80% chance to add Poison 40% weapon damage every 1 second they trigger this effect
15% chance to Confuse the enemy to attack for you for 3 seconds

FYI I just copied one of your sets and remodeled it. just to make it look prettier.

Be prepared. I am a harsh critic. This set is vastly OP. The Dex bonus should be cut by 50% or more... the Melee Damage Reduction is also astronomical.

Also, cumulative set bonuses defeat the point and purpose of prioritizing set item accumulation. You are essentially making set bonuses pointless by making it just one big pool of stats that increase slightly with each piece. There are no choices there to make as a player.

Also, most of your items have 7 properties, where most items generally roll only 6. This forces choice into gear and itemization. From what I see here this set offers nothing but +Dex overkill, Critical Hit Chance overkill, and Melee Damage Reduction overkill. The only "flavor" item is the fog and it's immensely dwarfed by the abundance of stat-padding that's going on.

The fog thing can be cool, but you need to allow it to shine. You can't bury that one property amidst a bunch of OP stat stacks.
Reply Quote
Killing Machine

Legendary Wand

- +300-500 Arcane Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +200-250 Intelligence
- Enemies within 20 yards have a 10.0% - 20.0% of killing themselves.
O Empty Socket

The Vanishing

Legendary Wand

- +300-500 Arcane Damage
- +40-50% Damage
- +200-250 Intelligence
- Enemies within 20 yards have a 10.0% - 20.0% of disappearing forever.
O Empty Socket

What are the points of these items? They have 8 properties instead of 6 and are identical aside from their proc which does... what? Instantly removes a monster? How is this fun?
Reply Quote
...Ghoom's Severed Gut: (Legendary Belt)...
...Arreat's Sacred Striders (Legendary Boots)...
...The Shadow Matrix (Legendary Tiara)...
...M'avina's Deflectors (Legendary Bracers)...
...Titan's Grasp (Legendary Gloves)...
...High Heaven's Foundation (Legendary Chest Armor)...

You have some good ideas in here. However, I think you are trying to squeeze blood from a rock on some of these, which results in convoluted properties. I mean... some of these look like they should come with instruction manuals that is printed in 5 languages.

Don't be afraid of simple. Simple can be your friend. Sometimes less is more.

You were definitely able to give some "flavor" to each item, and that's part of what makes Legendary items... well... legendary. They can have some interesting properties that you can't find elsewhere, but if you layer several of these on one item, and each property requires a lengthy explanation... you've already killed the item before it was made.

Just my $0.02... but maybe try scaling these back as far as complexity? You might even be able to take some items apart (like the Shadow Matrix) and actually make 2 or 3 Legendary items using those unique properties.
Reply Quote
These are stand alone legendary's that seem fun.

------------------------------
Legendary Boots

- + 300 - 600 Armor
- + 200 - 260 Dex
- + 50 - 125 Vit
- + 25 - 90 Resist All
- + 24% Moving Speed
- + *Fog

*Fog: Creates a trail of fog when you move that lasts for 5 seconds. Fog does a few things on % chance. Each second a monster stands in the fog he has a chance to trigger an effect or all effects at once.
15% Chance to Confuse monster to attack for you for 3 seconds.
80% Chance to cause Poison damage doing 40% weapon damage.
20% Chance Blind the target for 2 seconds.
--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------
Legendary Amulet (note that there is no +dmg to this item)

- + 100 - 200 Primary Stat(any)
- + Critical Hit Damage by 50 - 100%
- + Critical Hit Chance by 5 - 10%
- + 10 - 15% chance to drop a health globe when you take damage
- + Pickup Radius by 25 yards

The special drop for health globes and huge pickup radius is the star of this item. It lets people use this item without a huge dps loss for more interesting builds.

-----------------------------------------
Legendary Ring 1

- + 20 - 50 damage (random)
- + 100 - 125 Primary Stat
- + 25 - 70 Resist All
- + Critical Strike Chance 2 - 4%
- + *Amnity

*Amnity gives your attacks an AOE effect.
Ex: You punch a monster with a single target attack. Your attack does 15% of the total damage done to all monsters around the attack(10 yards).

Legendary Ring 2

- + 100 - 125 Primary Stat
- + 25 - 70 Resist All
- + Critical Strike Chance 2 - 4%
- + Reduces melee damage by 15%
- + *Serenity

*Serenity gives you a defense buff. When you are attacked you build resistance to that type of damage.
Ex: Every time you are hit by physical damage you gain +2% resistance to physical damage (Cap 50%).
If you are attacked by multiple types of damage you gain resistance to all of them at a +2% per hit (Cap at 50% each).

Legendary Weapon (2h xbow)

- + 200 - 400 damage (random)
- + 30 - 50% damage
- + 125 - 300 Dex
- + Hatred Regeneration 3.0 per second
- + 10% Chance Critical Hits give you 1 Hatred and 1 Discipline
- + 10% Chance when you deal damage with Strife that Monsters flee for 3 seconds

Ill come up with more later.
Reply Quote
Some mainly class-specific belt ideas:

The Gathering
Legendary Belt

- +120-200 Intelligence
- +200-300 Armor
- +8-10% Damage to Arcane Skills
- Critical Hits Grant 8-10 Arcane Power (Wizard Only)
- Maximum Arcane Power Increased by 20-25 (Wizard Only)
- Increases Arcane Power Generation by 10-15 per Second (Wizard Only)

"There was a darker time when the Horadrim turned on one another. This belt was crafted as an instrument of mindless destruction. I hope there may be a better use for it."
Giant Collar
Legendary Belt

- +120-200 Strength
- +100-150 Vitality
- One of 3 magical properties
------ +80-100 Strength
------ +80-100 Dexterity
------ +80-100 Intelligence
- Reduce Physical Damage by 10-12%
- Movement Speed Increased by 12%
- Critical Hit Damage Increased by 20-25%

"Once the symbol of nobility for a powerful Lord of Giants, this impressive item has been modified to fit around the waist of a man. Though dwarfed in size by comparison, one cannot help but feel empowered as a Giant when wearing it."
Master's Sash
Legendary Belt

- +120-200 Dexterity
- +200-300 Armor
- One of 7 magical properties
------ +60-80 Arcane Resistance
------ +60-80 Cold Resistance
------ +60-80 Fire Resistance
------ +60-80 Lightning Resistance
------ +60-80 Physical Resistance
------ +60-80 Poison Resistance
------ +60-80 Resistance to All Elements
- +3.00-5.00% Chance to Dodge
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 2.0-3.0%
- Regenerates 300-450 Life per Second

"Focus. Resilience. Compasion. Master these, and you have earned this token - that which is held most highly in our temple."
Spiderweb Sash
Legendary Belt

- +120-200 Dexterity
- +100-150 Vitality
- +40-60 Resistance to All Elements
- +6-8% Increased Attack Speed
- Health and Gold Pickup Radius Increased by 8-10 yards
- 10.0-20.0% Chance to create a spider web when hit, slowing enemy movement by 80% for 8 seconds.

"We hunters are a resourceful bunch. It's not often you will see us carve our instruments from our fallen foes. But when we do, such a thing can prove usefull. I'm sure it won't be missed."
Stygian Skulls
Legendary Belt

- +120-200 Intelligence
- +100-150 Vitality
- Increases Maximum Mana by 100-120 (Witch Doctor Only)
- Increases Mana Regeneration by 15-20 per Second (Witch Doctor Only)
- One of 2 magical properties
------ Reduces Cooldown of Fetish Army by 20-25 Seconds
------ Reduces Cooldown of Big Bad Voodoo by 20-25 Seconds
- All Zombie Dogs are now Stygian Dolls. Your Stygian Dolls explode when killed, dealing 40% Weapon Damage as physical to nearby enemies (does not stack with Sacrifice damage).

"An eerie sight, to be sure, but this string of tiny skulls hold within them untold powers of the jungle. It is said that these skulls were gathered from the remains of an entire tribe that was wiped out during the last incursion of the Prime Evils."
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/15/2013 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Arcanist's Arbalest
Legendary CrossBow
(420-515)-(550-1025)

+(85-225)-(350-515) Arcane Damage
+100-150 intelligence
+100-200 dexterity
+5 increased attack speed

- increases Critical Damage for 5 points every 50 intelligence
- 1-2% of casts bat companion on critical hit
- 0,5% of casts caltrops (Jagged Spikes) on critical hit

O socketed

"Incision on the handle said: for the loyality of a Friend..."

Ring Of Liar
Legendary Ring
- halfed primary stat
- 2% of Primary skill cast twice
- +5% increased attack speed
- 2-10% that a killed monter drop two items
- (-15) - (+55) to all Resistance
- 2-10% that primary stat x 3 for 5 seconds on critical hit

"Beware to the possessor of The Ring Of Liar"

Ancient Tool Of Destruciton
Legendary Amulet
One of Primary stat:
- + 200-300 (dexterity)
(intellegince)
(strength)
- +15-20% increased attack speed
- + 5-15% of critical chance
- + 75- 150% of critical damage
- - 50 - 70% to all res
- - 200 - 1025 armor

"Strenghtness has his weakness"
Edited by Eslael#2402 on 3/19/2013 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Orc Death Knight
Give it up.

Nobody's ideas will be taken into consideration, nor will any legendary items be different.

Even with fancy new procs, or abilities, the best legendary items will be primary, ias, crit, crit damage.
Reply Quote
Why wasting time and effort when you know Billard won't do a diddly squat?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]