(296,10-534)-(555,54-885) Damage
1.50 Attacks per second

+143–286 Minimum Damage
+191–381 Maximum Damage
+41–50% Damage
Adds 5–6% to Poison Damage
Poison skills deal 15–25% more damage.
Increases Critical Hit Chance of Impale by (2-8)%
Reduce Cooldown of Fan of Knives by 5 seconds.
+2 Random Magic Properties

A 100 ways to kill a man with a pine needle.

------------------------------------

Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves

Defense: 122-144 (varies)(Base Defense 62-71)
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 167
Durability: 24
Assassin Kick Damage: 83-149
+70-100% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+1-2 To Shadow Disciplines (Assassin Only) (varies)
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+15-25 To Dexterity (varies)
Requirements -20%
(Ladder Only)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Shadow Dancer
Legendary Boots
525-710
Armor

+70-100% Enhanced Defense
One of 2 Magic Properties (varies)
--Reduces resource cost of Lashing Tail Kick by 10 Spirit. (Monk Only)
..Increases Lashing Tail Kick damage by 40-50% (Monk Only)
--Reduces resource cost of Strafe by 3 Hatred. (Demon Hunter Only)
..Increases Strafe damage by 40-50% (Demon Hunter Only)
+12% Movement Speed
One of 2 Magic Properties (varies)
--+90–100 Dexterity
--+170–200 Dexterity
+2 Random Magic Properties

A flickering in the light, the sudden smell of fish and a knife against your throat.

------------------------------------------

Mira's Last Letter
Legendary Mojo

Grants 5 Mana per Kill (Witch Doctor Only)
+(7,500-10,000) Life after Each Kill
Casts Corpse Explosion on Kill (Exploding Palm)

The ones you love never die in vain.

-----------------------------------------

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass

Defense: (528-650) - (610-732) (varies)(Base Defense: 188-202)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 65
Durability: 150
+160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+ (1.25 Per Character Level) 1-123 Defense (Based On Character Level)
+ (1 Per Character Level) 1-99 To Life (Based On Character Level)
Resist Fire +20%
Resist Lightning +20%
Resist Poison +20%
Resist Cold +50%
Cannot Be Frozen
+15 To Strength
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

Duriel's Shell

Legendary Chest Armor
635-914
Armor

+60-100% Enhanced Defense
+16-20% Life
+71–80 Cold Resistance
One of 5 Magic Properties (varies)
---+40 Fire Resistance
---+40 Lightning Resistance
---+40 Physical Resistance
---+40 Arcane Resistance
---+40 Poison Resistance
Cannot Be Frozen
Chill*

He who inflicts pain must endure pain.

*http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/paladin-offense.shtml#holyfreeze
Edited by Joren#2795 on 3/19/2013 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 02:44 AMPosted by prankmaster
Why wasting time and effort when you know Billard won't do a diddly squat?

Wasting time? I don't think so... but allow me to elaborate.

I went to school for game design at DigiPen. I'm currently an analyst for a national bank (no game companies near me)... so it's nice to have a creative outlet aside from table-top design that actually pertains to my desired field. Right now I'm running a boring report query while typing this to kill the 3 minutes of process time.

I also played D2 for the better part of a decade and loved it. I'd like to see D3 improve and live up to that standard. I'm also the type of person to do things instead of sit around and wonder why someone else didn't do it already. Getting it done is more important than pointing fingers.

I've already received direct acknowledgement for some of my previous input on the game, and I don't think I'm going to stop posting on here... although it would be nice to check my email one of these days with a job offer from Blizz. :)
Reply Quote
So the idea for making legendary drops better in a future patch by blizzard is great, but I say lets enhance it just a bit more.

How?

Make some legendary drops numbered.

If blizzard made some of the gear in the game limited to a certain amount released it would draw in new players, and possibly bring some players back that have stopped play. Let's say for example you are playing and you see [Crossbow] drop, right now most of us might just leave it on the ground, or know it is an instant brim. But if in the future [Crossbow 4/10] dropped, anyone would pick this item up. Blizzard could even make super rare legendary items numbered 1/1 - Hence, only one of them was released in the game. They could make certain items be numbered to 1,5,10,20,100,500,1000 with extraordinary stats...

This could also fix the economy people feel is "broken" making great items that aren't numbered more affordable to the "average Joe" who doesn't have much time to play, or is just looking to upgrade their gear so they can actually kill enemies.

This would probably be a lot of code, but it would be a great addition to the game. I know if I saw [helm 1/1] drop I would be stoked! Even if it was a [Crossbow 67/100] any player would surely be happy.

Just a thought, any opinions?
Reply Quote
Weapon - no socket - little to no value

Ancient Tool Of Destruciton Legendary Amulet
One of Primary stat:
-+ 200-300 (dexterity)
(intellegince)
(strength)
- +15-20% increased attack speed
- + 5-15% of critical chance- + 75
- 150% of critical damage
- - 50 - 70% to all res
- - 200 - 1025 armor

We've already seen the result of this in Andariels helm.. That's why everyone uses a mempo, because its better and you don't have to have negative effects such as adds 25% fire damage taken. I understand wanting diversity and all.. But gimped items simply equals no one wants it.

I'd go for this.

Ancient Tool Of Destruciton Legendary Amulet
1 of 4 properties
200-300 (dexterity)
200-300 (intellegince)
200-300 (strength)
50-100 Average damage
+5-15% Increase attack speed
1 of 3 magic properties
Socket
+ 5-10% of critical chance
+ 75-100% of critical damage
1 of 3 magic properties
+300-500 Life Regen
+100-300 Vitality
+10%-15% Life
+2 Random magic property

In this case It would be a 6 property amulet and have an increased chance to roll either CC, or CD. but you would still need 1 random roll to make it a trifecta. And even then it could be a poorly rolled amulet. at say 5%IAS 5% crit chance and then crit damage.

or how about this

Amulet of 9 lives
Legendary Amulet
50-100 Average damage
+5-15% Increase attack speed
+300-500 Life Regen
+400-900 LoH
+85 Vitality
1 of 3 magic properties
Socket
+ 5-10% of critical chance
+ 75-100% of critical damage
May cause the wearer to meow or chase balls.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 3/19/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So the idea for making legendary drops better in a future patch by blizzard is great, but I say lets enhance it just a bit more.

How?

Make some legendary drops numbered.

If blizzard made some of the gear in the game limited to a certain amount released it would draw in new players, and possibly bring some players back that have stopped play. Let's say for example you are playing and you see [Crossbow] drop, right now most of us might just leave it on the ground, or know it is an instant brim. But if in the future [Crossbow 4/10] dropped, anyone would pick this item up. Blizzard could even make super rare legendary items numbered 1/1 - Hence, only one of them was released in the game. They could make certain items be numbered to 1,5,10,20,100,500,1000 with extraordinary stats...

This could also fix the economy people feel is "broken" making great items that aren't numbered more affordable to the "average Joe" who doesn't have much time to play, or is just looking to upgrade their gear so they can actually kill enemies.

This would probably be a lot of code, but it would be a great addition to the game. I know if I saw [helm 1/1] drop I would be stoked! Even if it was a [Crossbow 67/100] any player would surely be happy.

Just a thought, any opinions?

Speaking as if I was a developer... this would not be plausible unless in higher quantities of the tens of thousands.

You've got to figure... you're paying a Content Designer to come up with the item. You pay the Art Department for the in-game asset. You pay the Developers to code and implement the item. Now you want to only drop one of these? This just isn't a smart business decision.

I think item rarity would be better addressed on a larger scale of how drops roll, how it interacts with MF in general, etc. I'm just not seeing a big pay-off with this system from a developer standpoint... not to mention that rarity would sate only the issue of quantity and not quality.

What if it's [Crossbow 67/100] and it's a bad roll? How has this helped overall itemization and game balance?
Reply Quote
Jay Wilson´s nerf-bat
Legendary mace

• 200-400 dmg
• +200-400 Int
• +200-400 Dex
• +200-400 Str
• +200-400 Vit
• Vases and chests do not contain loot

"And then we doubled it!"
Reply Quote
Jay Wilson´s nerf-bat
Legendary mace

• 200-400 dmg
• +200-400 Int
• +200-400 Dex
• +200-400 Str
• +200-400 Vit
• Vases and chests do not contain loot

"And then we doubled it!"

best one yet
Reply Quote
OK just for fun..

Arkaines Valor

200-400 Vit

25%life

+4 Rando attributes

Yeah, It will be nice to find 1,000 of these and they are all trash.
Reply Quote
OK just for fun..

Arkaines Valor

200-400 Vit

25%life

+4 Rando attributes

I'm not sure if this lives up to the namesake. The original actually had a pretty lame Vit bonus... it was more about the defense and +Skills. In order to translate +Skills you'd be better off giving a flat damage increase. I'm also a fan of limiting the Random from the legendary items as often as possible... perhaps something like:

=====================================
Arkaine's Valor
Legendary Chest Armor

- +300-350 Armor
- +7-10% Damage
- +100 Vitality
- +1 Vitality per Paragon Level
- Reduces Damage by 7-10%
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"A true sign of a Champion of Sanctuary. Arkaine's blessed armor has seen battle in the face of Hell's legions many times before, and I feel it will continue to stand the to the test of whatever burning horror threatens us."
Reply Quote
Give me a shield with an average damage affix and cc.
Reply Quote
Vampire Gaze
Legendary Helm (ilvl63)

- One of 3 Magic Properties (varies)
+170–200 Intelligence
+170–200 Dexterity
+170–200 Strength
- 2.00–4.00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life
- Reduces damage from melee attacks by 3–5%.
- Reduces damage from ranged attacks by 3–5%.
- +2 Random Magic Properties
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Paranoyed
Give me a shield with an average damage affix and cc.

My primary concern with a shield rolling both of those stats (or any combination of average dmg, crit %, crit dmg, ias) is that it could invalidate off-hand items. I don't see an issue with a shield rolling one of those at full value, but layering such mods seems like a slippery slope to me, and infringes on the niche already in place for those off-hands.

It would have to be done in moderation. It also moves shields down a more "offensive buff" path when they really should be a solid defensive tool. It could theoretically be done, but the bonuses would need to be clearly less than what a quiver would otherwise provide, otherwise you've invalidated them, as well.

That being said... here's a few attempts at some more shields (and a re-do of Talic's shield from one of my previous threads):

Magnificent Standard
Legendary Shield

- +25-50 Minimum Damage
- +100-200 Maximum Damage
- +8-10% Chance to Block
- One of 3 magical properties
------ +100-150 Strength
------ +100-150 Dexterity
------ +100-150 Intelligence
- +50-60 Resistance to All Elements
- +150-250 Armor
- Critical Hit Chance Increased by 5.0-8.0%

"This shield stood as a symbol of oppression for many years at the hands of vicious warlords. I hope that it finds new purpose in the defense of the innocent."
Talic's Tower
Legendary Shield

- +10-12% Chance to Block
- +10-12% Resistance to All Elements
- +10-12% Life
- Attack Speed Increased by 10-15%
- Critical Hit Damage Increased by 25-50%
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"Talic, one of the Ancient Guardians of Arreat, once used this shield as a mortal in defense of Sanctuary."
Head Hunter's Glory
Legendary Shield

- +200-300 Armor
- +100-150 Fire Resist
- +150-250 Poison Resist
- +6000-8000 Life After Each Kill
- Ranged Damage Reduced by 10-15%
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"This shield is crafted from the remains of fallen beasts of the great swamp lands that were said to breathe fire and bleed poison."
Stormchaser
Legendary Shield

- +8% Chance to Block
- 10-15% Chance to cast Shock Pulse when hit
- 5-8% Chance to cast Energy Twister when hit
- 5-8% Chance to cast Blizzard when hit
- +100-150 Lightning Resistance
- Cannot Be Frozen

"Use caution with this artifact, for the slightest touch can trigger the wrath of nature that has been forged within the shield."
Tiamat's Rebuke
Legendary Shield

- Adds 2-3% to Cold Damage
- Adds 2-3% to Fire Damage
- Adds 2-3% to Lightning Damage
- +50-70 Resistance to All Elements
- 5-10% Chance to cast one random type of Hydra when hit
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"It was ages ago when warriors clashed with the mighty dragon Tiamat. The blood of the beast sparked with the powers of fire, frost, and lightning, and was harnessed within the creation of this shield."
Umbral Disk
Legendary Shield

- +100-150 Armor
- +8-10% Chance to Block
- +50-100 Vitality
- 20-30% Chance to Blind enemies for 2 seconds when hit
- Ignores Durability Loss
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket
O Empty Socket

"This shield was forged deep beneath the earth. Once it was exposed to the light of day it hardened beyond measure, and seemed to capture light within the folds of the metal."
The Ward
Legendary Shield

- +400-500 Armor
- +5-8% Chance to Block
- +100-150 Strength
- +100-150 Dexterity
- +100-150 Intelligence
- +100-150 Vitality
- +50-100 Resistance to All elements
- Ranged Damaged Reduced by 3-5%

"Brace against attackers with this shield, and you have little to fear. Even the mightiest of foes will struggle against its might."
Edited by Danov#1796 on 3/20/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Vampire Gaze
Legendary Helm (ilvl63)

+170–200 Intelligence
+170–200 Dexterity
+170–200 Strength

I would love to see a return of Vamp Gaze. I did a rendition of it, as well, but believe I may have made my original attempt a bit OP. My one concern is the random mods. I'm a big fan of removing them from legendary items whenever possible. If I combine our two ideas it would look something like this:

Vampire Gaze
Legendary Helmet

- Adds 5-6% to Cold Damage
------ +150-180 Strength
------ +150-180 Dexterity
------ +150-180 Intelligence
- 3.00-4.00% Damage Is Converted to Life
- Reduces Damage from Ranged Attacks by 7-10%
- Reduces Damage from Melee Attacks by 7-10%
O Empty Socket

"When the lord of a great vampire coven was slain his body was torn to pieces and burned to ash to prevent his return. The only part spared was his skull, and it still holds some of his powers to this day."

With this version you get some solid ranges for very useful guaranteed stats, and a guaranteed socket. The downside is that you sacrifice the attack speed and crit % offered by other helmet options.
Reply Quote
I like the stackable damage % you get on certain skills in items like Ring Of Jordan & Deadman's Legacy. If there were more items that had stackable damage output on certain skills, more viable builds would be possible. Freeing us from the same gear builds we see everywhere.
Reply Quote
Vampire Gaze
Legendary Helm (ilvl63)

+170–200 Intelligence
+170–200 Dexterity
+170–200 Strength

I would love to see a return of Vamp Gaze. I did a rendition of it, as well, but believe I may have made my original attempt a bit OP. My one concern is the random mods. I'm a big fan of removing them from legendary items whenever possible. If I combine our two ideas it would look something like this:

Vampire Gaze
Legendary Helmet

- Adds 5-6% to Cold Damage
------ +150-180 Strength
------ +150-180 Dexterity
------ +150-180 Intelligence
- 3.00-4.00% Damage Is Converted to Life
- Reduces Damage from Ranged Attacks by 7-10%
- Reduces Damage from Melee Attacks by 7-10%
O Empty Socket

"When the lord of a great vampire coven was slain his body was torn to pieces and burned to ash to prevent his return. The only part spared was his skull, and it still holds some of his powers to this day."

With this version you get some solid ranges for very useful guaranteed stats, and a guaranteed socket. The downside is that you sacrifice the attack speed and crit % offered by other helmet options.

True. I don't agree with the "Adds X% to Cold damage though... as that only adds to skills that use cold damage to my knowledge, unlike the previous version which added cold damage to your attacks. Sure, this could be replicated by having it add a range of cold damage much like some weapons do, but with no examples of helms doing this, I wouldn't know what numbers to use.

I think some random mods are necessary... this adds diversity so that there are "Good" Vampire Gaze helms and "Godly/GG" ones. As for the lack of attack speed, I'm fine with that, you sacrifice that to get the unique lifesteal on the helm, and it can always roll crit chance for one of the random affixes, as well as a socket.
Reply Quote
True. I don't agree with the "Adds X% to Cold damage though... as that only adds to skills that use cold damage to my knowledge, unlike the previous version which added cold damage to your attacks. Sure, this could be replicated by having it add a range of cold damage much like some weapons do, but with no examples of helms doing this, I wouldn't know what numbers to use.

I think some random mods are necessary... this adds diversity so that there are "Good" Vampire Gaze helms and "Godly/GG" ones. As for the lack of attack speed, I'm fine with that, you sacrifice that to get the unique lifesteal on the helm, and it can always roll crit chance for one of the random affixes, as well as a socket.

Adds X% to Cold Damage is a straight increase of your overall non-elemental (black) weapon damage. Adds X% to Cold Skills is what adds to your cold skills. They are two different magical properties.

My issue with random affixes is that they only serve to muddy the waters when it comes to legendary items. The magical properties should be able to stand on their own without needing much in the way of random (aside from main stat type). The rest should be down to the ranges of those properties.

That will get us closer to proper itemization IMO. Right now there is too much random in the legendary items. There is too much swing from an insta-brim to a BiS item on a single legendary because of them.

By adding a ton more legendary items they should be able to remove as much of the random properties as possible, and instead offer variety. That should be the overall goal. Legendary items should have character and staying power without the need for random properties.
Reply Quote
Imagine how great the game might actually be if you could mod it anyway you like...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]