Diablo® III

TNTrice's Paragon Level/ Legendary Farm Build

Hi Everybody TNTrice here. The witchdoctor is my favorite character on Diablo 3 and i have been gone from Diablo 3 for many months now. Shortly after returning I've been getting asked to share how i have been getting so many legendary and paragon leveling so fast so i decided to make a video showing my build/gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQkqMeYmjOs

I deeply feel that this build with a little more practice can compete with even the speed of the mighty barbarians.

If anybody would like to see a budget build video or any other witchdoctor questions/vids be sure to message me or comment and i will make a video in response.

Also! The first 3 comments on my youtube (Leave battle tag) Will receive 4 million gold each
Reply Quote
Hi! Just wanted to say I really appreciate this build, and it's a nicer version of something I used to use. I swapped over to Well of Souls and picked up a Thing of the Deep to support it, but maybe I'll have to chuck it afterall?

I was curious why you choose Flaming Dart over Splinters?
Also, what about Dart vs. Rain of Toads? I have a good amount of LoH and may stick with the toads unless I hear otherwise...

Thanks for sharing the vid. Hit me up if you'd like to do some quick runs with a somewhat decent WD :)

I see also that you have Pierce the Veil on right now instead of Spirit Vessel...intentional change or were you doing something else in game?
Reply Quote
if you want to compete with barbs you need to be using pestilence and all 3 movement speed skills (angry chicken)
Reply Quote
I am just a fan of flaming darts. When it crits the damage is excellent . its great for a single target or if you ever do find yourself low on mana. I do not like rain of toads :/ The damage is average and its too sluggish for me. but the primary attack is also optional.

Pierce was on from a uber lol ignore that .
Reply Quote
I tried manitou for while doing low MP runs and that worked out okay too( good for doors and stuff)

Just on a note I wouldn't say that something like TotD is mandatory but instead something like
You should have 20-30 PUR / Bears / Vengeful Spirit / Acid Rain / Spirit Walk to make this build better.

I also find that Spirit vessel is kind of pointless since GI will reduce your recast time you could use something like BR or PtV depending on which MP level you are on.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 3/13/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried manitou for while doing low MP runs and that worked out okay too( good for doors and stuff)

Just on a note I wouldn't say that something like TotD is mandatory but instead something like
You should have 20-30 PUR / Bears / Vengeful Spirit / Acid Rain / Spirit Walk to make this build better.

I also find that Spirit vessel is kind of pointless since GI will reduce your recast time you could use something like BR or PtV depending on which MP level you are on.

TOTD i think is mandatory.. Of course you can make up for the 20 Radius on it but in doing so you will most likely take such a hit at your overall gear/stats that its really not worth it.. Also Its all about speed and efficiency so i absolutely think spirit vessel is the best choice.. After level 100 paragon its absolutely optional
Reply Quote
Actually I believe you take a bigger hit in actually keeping the ToTD over a better rolled mojo. You're only talking about sub rolls on other slots. When I Paragon farm I use bracers, shoulders and gloves all with 7 PUR I don't think I sacrifice nearly as much as i would on those pieces total as I would using an inferior mojo. The sacrifice is in the defensive stats which you don't really need in lower MP levels.

And as for the spirit vessel, I suggest you take a look at how often you are waiting for the recast timer of SW before you say its really worth the slot over something that either better controls your mana or does 20% more dps(depending on what paragon level you are on).
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 3/13/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We will have to agree to disagree on this one lol
Reply Quote
I am of the belief that two mana spenders (bear and AC) are not efficient for WDs.

At low paragon, with a Skorn (you can get like 1400 DPS without LS for some crazy low prices), acid rain will suffice in killing elites. Thus that would free up one slot for manitou ("free" dps against elites) or chicken hex for faster run.

Completing 4 piece Zuni is also very important. Far more than using Leorics.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 3/13/2013 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am of the belief that two mana spenders (bear and AC) are not efficient for WDs.

At low paragon, with a Skorn (you can get like 1400 DPS without LS for some crazy low prices), acid rain will suffice in killing elites. Thus that would free up one slot for manitou ("free" dps against elites) or chicken hex for faster run.

Completing 4 piece Zuni is also very important. Far more than using Leorics.

optional and opinionated
Reply Quote
What kind of XP/hour are you getting with this?
Reply Quote
I am now only doing keeps lv 2 . Each run take about 3-5Mins and avrg about 2-3mil exp per run.

So about 30mil an hour avrg. But im also getting 4-6 legendarys an hour with this run
Reply Quote
i was hitting 95mil an hour with a chicken/pestilence build
Reply Quote
lol no you were not sorry..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]