Diablo® III

starcraft 2

i upgraded starcraft 2 to heart of the swarm and it said you get diablo to add ons , how do i use them?
Reply Quote
I have another question about the new Starcraft expansion and I can't post on the Starcraft forums since I don't own it, I also don't want to start another thread because this is the Diablo forum...

Are the updated graphics included in the Wing of Liberty campaign or only with the Zerg campaign and multiplayer? I can't find anywhere online including Blizzard's site that actually mentions this.

If I don't know, I don't know what to get. If Wing of Liberty has the same graphics with the expansion I would just buy the original when it goes on sale again for 19.99 and forget about the expansion for now. If the expansion does upgrade the graphics I'd definitely want to spend the full 60 dollars. I'd really appreciate an answer to this when Blizzard obviously doesn't give good product descriptions.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 03:45 PMPosted by HEADLESSPOET
i upgraded starcraft 2 to heart of the swarm and it said you get diablo to add ons , how do i use them?

You only get bonus content in Diablo if you got the Digital Deluxe edition. If you did, then they should show up automatically when you log in (check your stash for the wings, though mine showed up in my player's inventory).

I have another question about the new Starcraft expansion and I can't post on the Starcraft forums since I don't own it, I also don't want to start another thread because this is the Diablo forum...

Are the updated graphics included in the Wing of Liberty campaign or only with the Zerg campaign and multiplayer? I can't find anywhere online including Blizzard's site that actually mentions this.

If I don't know, I don't know what to get. If Wing of Liberty has the same graphics with the expansion I would just buy the original when it goes on sale again for 19.99 and forget about the expansion for now. If the expansion does upgrade the graphics I'd definitely want to spend the full 60 dollars. I'd really appreciate an answer to this when Blizzard obviously doesn't give good product descriptions.

As far as I know, the graphics are basically the same as WoL. You won't see much of a difference aside from the new physics engine. I'm not sure what else they added, though I assume there's some better effects and mechanics to make the game look slightly prettier. If someone can go more into detail on that (even if it debunks what I 'know'), then please do!
Reply Quote
Thank you very much Griffin.

If anybody else has briefly viewed the Terran campaign with Heart of the Swarm installed let me know. For instance, do the units and buildings look better and the backgrounds look the same? Or perhaps are some things that were new in multi-player also included in the Terran campaign including backgrounds?
Edited by D2ModPlayer#1333 on 3/19/2013 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You get the original diablo as an add on for starcraft 2? That's interesting and I may have to get it.
Reply Quote
The Blizzard site states Wings of Liberty is included on the Heart of the Swarm disk. I usually prefer a physical disc so if I need to reinstall, it is up within minutes instead of taking half the day to download. So here's the question:

I don't have Wings of Liberty license key yet. If I buy the Heart of the Swarm disk to install both games will it charge me the full 40 dollars for Wings of Liberty (the current price) or would it only charge me 20 dollars to match the 2 for 1 deal at 60 dollars?

I honestly didn't think buying a game could be this complicated... LOL
Reply Quote
I asked this same question (the last one) on Amazon forums and they were unable to answer, but at least I was able to educate them on the fact that both games are on the expansion disk and if you have a WoL key already you don't need to use the original disk if you have one.

Now since we know this to be the case, I find it fascinating that there's no confirmation if I could get Wings of Liberty for 20 dollars after buying Heart of the Swarm. I think if Blizzard forced me to spend a total of 80 dollars just because I wanted a physical disk instead of getting their 60 dollar digital download, that it would be taking advantage of the customer. Any comments?

The point is, having a physical disk of WoL is a redundancy and totally unneeded. It is true if I'd bought SC2 at it's original discount price I wouldn't have this problem and not have hesitated when the expansion shipped. But that doesn't matter. This question should be addressed by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
The graphics engine got tweaked/optimized during the development of HotS. Most tweaks have been applied to the patch prior to the expansion's release so they do apply to WoL. Thing is, most added visual candy do not apply... such as creep on terran buildings.

As for the addon thing, yeah you need the deluxe edition.
Edited by Gix#1916 on 3/21/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As a note: For already made heroes, there is a small envelope above the chat box in game that will allow you to transfer a set of wings to your inventory. For me there were 2 sets of wings, I assume that's the same for everyone.
Reply Quote
I talked to Blizzard chat support. They told me there is no plans to ship WoL and HoTS together before the 2nd expansion ships (will take forever) and so the only way to currently get the game with the expansion for 60 dollars is the digital download. You would be forced to spend 80 dollars, 40 dollars on each version, if you wanted a physical disk.

I also asked about the graphics. He says they were upgraded equally on both products and so both campaigns should look good.

Now I have never played SC2 before but I decided to get the digital download for 60 dollars directly from Blizzard. I was playing the game very shortly with just 20% of the game downloaded and the only drawback was waiting an extra minute for each level to load. My first full digital download and I was very impressed by the delivery system. With the P2P off from the installer I could get 1.7 MB (Megabytes) per second. I've only played the first mission yesterday because I became very tired but as far as I can tell WoL has good graphics and doesn't look old on my new 27 inch monitor. That and I beat it on Normal, Hard, and Brutal and unlocking all achievements. I hear these campaigns aren't that hard so I will at least want to play on Hard unless an achievement requires normal...

I posted on my SC2 profile. Since I know now you can switch between the 2 it seems to me some people post this way to avoid people seeing their Diablo characters, LOL!
Reply Quote
As far as I understand, the goodies are only with Collector's Editions, depends on which one you own.
On SC2 side, you get exclusive portraits, unit skins, race decals... and a lousy achievement.
On D3 side, you get exclusive wings, dyes, banner decals... and a lousy achievement.
You can google the CE box cover which has details of what is included.

One difference regarding the "Game-Key" nowadays and the "CD-Key" we used to call it, is that GK is registered to your account for one time use only, while CDK is registered on installation to your computer, and reusable(sort of).
Since HotS is an expansion and requires WoL, though both content is included within HotS disk, you still need the game-key from WoL to access them.
If you did not buy the digital bundle but rather bought HotS alone, sorry buddy I don't think WoL is on sale alone anymore.
I agree getting standard physical copy is redundant, but I would choose physical CE over digital deluxe version anytime.

As for the graphics, Gix was right, overall it was tweaked, more... glamorous. Though I wouldn't call it optimized. I used to run WoL on ultra settings with smooth FPS, even once I had an army of sentries, and spammed guardian shields just to "protect" my friend ;) and it was still smooth with a screen full of overlapping shields. But with HotS I constantly find my FPS drastically dropping to around 30, which is still playable but a nuisance. Definitely not optimized.
Reply Quote
I would agree the graphics are on the slow side, 30 FPS for me as well, very strange when nothing much seems to be going on. But they are pretty.

I (D2 Mod Player) was mostly shocked at how little time it took for this digital download complete version at 14 GB (WoL and Swarm) to install compared to the disk version. A few more years and more speed from servers and there will be little difference from the disk version.

Yes, you need to spend an extra 20 dollars for the goodies for D3 or SC2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]