Diablo® III

SimCity players got free game.Diablo players?

Hello,

I believe Blizzard is better company then EA! What about two games for us for those launch problems? :)

I want Pandaria expansion, and Heart of Swarm expansion. Thank you!
Reply Quote
0/10
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
D3 launch wasn't half as bad as the SIm City launch. In fact still today I can't play. I spent 20 minutes trying to get my region/cities to load, and it would just get stuck at the load screen until I crashed the game. Then after that I couldn't even get passed the login menu. That's on one of the new servers too (West 4).

This is day 5 now, I think? Yeah. It's really bad.
Edited by Sicom#1101 on 3/10/2013 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Diablo III was virtually unplayable for the first 7 days, until enough people gave up that the server load went down enough for the remaining players to actually log in and play.

The difference, of course, is that EA's new Sim City is supposed to be not too bad, where as Diablo III...
Reply Quote
Game quality is irrelevant, I did not recieved compensations for the launch troubles in D3, Simcity players did.
Edited by Alyss#2444 on 3/11/2013 5:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/11/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Alyss
Game quality is irrelevant, I did not recieved compensations for the launch troubles in D3, Simcity players did.

You could've gotten a refund from Blizzard, if you wanted one.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Ryaskybird

realy?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/11/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Alyss

realy?

Yep. If you purchased the digital download from Blizzard and your request is within 30 days of purchase, they will give you a refund.

At least they did in the first chaotic weeks after launch. It may have changed as the connectivity issues have been resolved for the most part.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Ryaskybird

realy?

Yep. If you purchased the digital download from Blizzard and your request is within 30 days of purchase, they will give you a refund.

At least they did in the first chaotic weeks after launch. It may have changed as the connectivity issues have been resolved for the most part.

it wasn't very apparent, at least with EA it was.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Ryaskybird

realy?

Actually, technically, no. You had to have less than a certain amount of hours played on your copy of D3 in order to get a refund.

Anyway, it's not clear what kind of game(s) EA will make available for their poor customers. But knowing them, it'll be something horribly outdated and cheap. As a funny side note: My Origin account consists of Dragon Age 2, SW:TOR and SimCity 5. It's basically a virtual garbage bin.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

it wasn't very apparent, at least with EA it was.

Granted there wasn't an official announcement--at least not one that I remember--however, it was all over the forums.

03/11/2013 04:03 PMPosted by NihilVerum
Actually, technically, no. You had to have less than a certain amount of hours played on your copy of D3 in order to get a refund.

From what I remember, it was a 30-day timeframe. However, as I have not received a refund for myself--or personally know anyone who did--you could be right. Or we both could be right: a refund within 30 days of purchase as long as the account had less than a certain amount of playing time.

In either case, refunds were offered.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
Granted there wasn't an official announcement--at least not one that I remember--however, it was all over the forums.

ya but forum threads made by player-users aren't official and page 1 threads disappeared within 3 minutes due to the amount of people on there back then, and most others within the first month were busy playing the game not looking for a refund :/.

It's rather difficult to find out the game sucks at the very end after it takes about 50-70 hours to get to Inferno with no gearing and gimped items from the getgo, with AH not even fully functioning yet and difficulty scaling and design was just completely broken after we all found out it's meant to be just gear check.

That amount of time is about on average 2-3 hours a day of gameplay for 28 days consistently, considering you don't AFK at all and blast through npc talking cinematics dialogue and everything to find out the RNG sucks and the co-op is even worse.

Albeit yes I do agree there were refunds given upon request, not offered.

edit: hit the enter button a few times.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/12/2013 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]