Diablo® III

UnID's on Auction House.

03/13/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Weily

From a LONG time ago? Didn't the last PTR or two not allow UNID to go across?

yes from along time ago but considering unid'd legendaries will go for like 100x what these one will go for then ill hang on to them until they may implement this, and sell them for like 5 mil each to some poor kid.

03/13/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Weily

From a LONG time ago? Didn't the last PTR or two not allow UNID to go across?

yes from along time ago but considering unid'd legendaries will go for like 100x what these one will go for then ill hang on to them until they may implement this, and sell them for like 5 mil each to some poor kid.

Or you can free up some space, not be a douche, not wait a few years to make a few mil, and get some brimstones today.
Reply Quote
Buying UnIDs on the auction house would be a waste of time. They are easy enough to find as it is.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 07:46 PMPosted by DOWNFALL

If you guys put this feature like Gems works.. it could be awesome.. "Strike Wand" - xxxgold - buyout.. average last 10 trades"..

NO

because unlike gems which have a crafting cost. it will go like this

mempo of twilight average last 10 trades : 40 mil

person sells in game for 38 to avoid 15%

average price of mempo falls to 38 mil

person sells at 36

cycle continues untill you've killed unided trades.

the only reason this doesn't work with gems is the cost to create

Pretty sure what you just said applies to any and every item in any and every game. Someone sells for X, someone else undercuts by Y... nothing new.
Reply Quote
I would think they can cause inflation in the economy of diablo 3 and yall are just trying to find a way to make yourselves richer and faster, understandable of why you want it but i don't think it is a good idea.
Reply Quote
I have heard this come up on a couple of occasions so let me hop in and clarify for you guys. Selling and buying UnID items is certainly something some people enjoy doing, even given the potential for scamming. The reason we don't really want to reinforce this is because we are really trying to refocus the game away from the auction house in general so we don't want to add even more reasons for people to rely on it.

What we would be more likely to consider doing is concepts like Gheed from D2 where you have the ability to spend gold in game to "pull the lever" for good items while giving you some control over what the item you get will be.

Really nice to hear! Thank you sir!
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Travis Day
What we would be more likely to consider doing is concepts like Gheed from D2 where you have the ability to spend gold in game to "pull the lever" for good items while giving you some control over what the item you get will be.

All this means is more crafting, don't know why ppl are getting so excited over that.
Reply Quote
Man, this is a great idea!!

1 vote for this guy!
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Eddizel
cheery eyed smiling new guy

I think you might have the whole thing wrong...there arent new people here in this game. People dont come to a pile of !@#$, no matter how cheap.
Reply Quote
I have heard this come up on a couple of occasions so let me hop in and clarify for you guys. Selling and buying UnID items is certainly something some people enjoy doing, even given the potential for scamming. The reason we don't really want to reinforce this is because we are really trying to refocus the game away from the auction house in general so we don't want to add even more reasons for people to rely on it.

Just put back Gheed into game,no need to think so much :D
Reply Quote
we are really trying to refocus the game away from the auction house.

as a self found player, It feels great to read this.
Reply Quote
+1 on this idea.

I have 2-3 char stashes full of unid legs because after identifying a couple hundred legs and not being happy with the results. I dont see any reason to id the rest.

If you guys remember the feeling of excitement when looting a leg and cant wait to finish the run so you id ID it. I don't feel it anymore because i am pretty sure the roll wont be good.

So allowing unids to be put up in AH will give other people the chance to feel the thrill of identifying a legendary item.

So again, this is a good idea.
Reply Quote

The King has spoken!
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 03:21 PMPosted by KingGloborx
We have no plans at this time to allow unidentified items (UnIDs) to be posted on the Auction House.

Read : This will never happen.

In the past Blizzard has said this many times for many suggestions. Quite a few of them get added. Unless Blizzard straight up says never going to happen, then it's still possible ... just not right now.
Reply Quote
why would people pay for the chance to roll a rare when they can roll their own rares for free? so you ARE talking about legendaries. because casuals can find rares all day. legendaries, not so much.

and even then, why risk paying to roll a legendary that might not even have your main stat when you can at least know what your paying for with the pre ID'd stuff.

only way I could see it having value is if you could modify the quality of the ID roll in some way (assuming stats arent set the moment the item drops).
Edited by Ragic#1455 on 3/14/2013 5:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Why was thing NOT in the game since release?!

Nice to see the devs are realizing that as much NON-D2 as they wanted to make this game they are starting to see they should have never decided to move away from a "Diablo game" and get "creative".
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Travis Day
What we would be more likely to consider doing is concepts like Gheed from D2 where you have the ability to spend gold in game to "pull the lever" for good items while giving you some control over what the item you get will be

isn't that what crafting is now?
it might be fun to let the jeweler 'reroll' your rare/legs for a fee, and some jewels (with maybe some correlation between gem type and quality and the potential affixes you can get).
Reply Quote
Good item POSSIBLE TO SELL
The best items ACCOUNT BOUND.
Reply Quote
eh... only witching hour I've ever picked up had 252 str, 62 ar, 49 chd and 9attack speed and sold for 2billion, only inna's i've ever picked up was a 200+dex 50ar chest that sold for 150m and the first skorn i ever picked up was 1400 dps 160chd os -16lvl requirement and sold for 50m, my first ever legendary i picked up at lvl 60 was an soj that sold for 15m.

so as far as i can tell all legendaries are amazing and sell for a lot ;p

so yes to unid's! i like to gamble! someone's gotta have the luck, i'll keep bein lucky for everyone else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]