Diablo® III

UnID's on Auction House.

03/13/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Travis Day
I've spoken on this topic before but crafting is certainly a good place to introduce mechanics of this nature. Crafters didn't really end up fulfilling their intended role so we frequently discuss ways to improve them and rerolling the stats of an item is one of the ideas that has come up before.

How about ... for a fee, you allow 'infinite' reroll for all crafted items but ... everytime you reroll, its durability stat decreases by 10% ! not like it's damaged but because it's getting more fragile !

Obviously after few rerolls, you end up with 1 point of durability which would be the lower limit (and the items would be pretty useless anyway).
Edited by Malimbah#1792 on 3/15/2013 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yes please allow unid items to be sold on ah.takes soooo long to farm good ones even on high mp.perhaps set base value on items like with gems and crafting materials so they are affordable.
Reply Quote
Blizzard claims they had created the auction house to allow players an easy way to sell items.

If this was true then it would be a no-brainer accommodate the Unid market however that is not the case.

Blizzard needs to just decide to make unid items untradable or just give them auctionhouse functionality. The mentality with decision making for diablo 3 has always seemed very indecisive and I think it is part of the problem people have with diablo 3 updates, design, etc...
Reply Quote
I've spoken on this topic before but crafting is certainly a good place to introduce mechanics of this nature. Crafters didn't really end up fulfilling their intended role so we frequently discuss ways to improve them and rerolling the stats of an item is one of the ideas that has come up before.

I love this guy.
Reply Quote
You guys do realize that you find out what an item is, before you ID it. This was well known exploit, did they fix that?
Reply Quote
please no.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Had a nice implementation idea (that would require some ui design though).

Imagine a slot machine where you can hold down one of the reel for next roll.

It could be interesting to be able to select specific affixes of an item and reroll the ones you don't want away.

The way I see it the cost would first depend on item quality to which you factor item level so as to make it not stupidly cost prohibitive for lower level items. Secondly, each affix you hold would increase the cost of rerolling so trying to reroll one affix of a 6 affix rare would be REALLY expensive but could end up making you a really good item just as much as it could still not be what you wanted.

It could help recycle some poorly rolled legendary, taking that skorn with dex and no life leech and turning it into one with str and life leech for example.
Reply Quote
It's almost as if you guys haven't figured out any un'id on the Ah would have been scanned already and is total junk.

Profile'd

lol at scanned already. proves my point that newcomers do not know what they are saying about the game.

how cynical of you, base someones opinion on his profile.

your opinion just went way down in importance to me.

Anyway, unids on ah = yeah, kinda like gambling. trade chat/ forums ok, but i just cannot see it happening on ah.
Edited by WitchDoctor#1834 on 3/16/2013 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/12/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Eddizel
It would be a good thing for all of us cynical people who have Identified about a billion brimstones and are getting pretty tired of it.

This is the whole point of having the ability to trade with other people. I get an upgrade each time I play the game, but I'm sure the more hardcore people who are on the right side of the gear bell curve probably don't, and yeah that is obviously tedious.

But really, the only fix for that is to trade with other players. Problem is that people loaded up the auction house with junk and continue to do so.

Blizzard could fix this quite easily, and the way you do it is when a player goes to list an item on auction you have the game query to see if the item is superior to what is currently available. If it's not, the player isn't allowed to list it.

Seems weird to me they haven't implemented something like this, because obviously when you search the auction house you search for specific parameters that are an upgrade for whatever item you need.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 03:21 PMPosted by KingGloborx
We have no plans at this time to allow unidentified items (UnIDs) to be posted on the Auction House.

Read : This will never happen.

Not necessarily. There have been lots of things that they have said they have no plans to do, and yet, eventually did. I can think of several times this happened for different features in WoW. They even said it when lots of people wanted them to add blood elves back during vanilla. So yeah... no plans at this time should be taken at face value with Blizz, because they could end up changing their minds not long from now.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Travis Day
What we would be more likely to consider doing is concepts like Gheed from D2 where you have the ability to spend gold in game to "pull the lever" for good items while giving you some control over what the item you get will be.

But how is that different from AHing unids? Before an item is identified, you can see what kind of item it is and even the quality of it, and the legendaries show you exactly what specific legendary they are if you look at the icon. You just don't know the stats yet.

Crafters didn't really end up fulfilling their intended role so we frequently discuss ways to improve them and rerolling the stats of an item is one of the ideas that has come up before.

Yeah, they really didn't. Perhaps you should go with what the Jeweler's wagon still shows on the right table and add socketing back in (and put gem combining back on the crucible which is obviously what is supposed to go in the empty space on the table behind him). Maybe even let him craft lower level jewelery like he used to...

As for rerolling stats of items, you mean like you already had in the game with the Scrolls of Reforging? Are you regretting removing them now? Maybe take this as a sign that you shouldn't cut so many features before release next time... Here's hoping you people change your mind about cutting the Mystic and Talisman as well... Enchanting and Charms had the potential to be 10 times more interesting than your current bland gem system.
Edited by Scorch#1428 on 3/16/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have heard this come up on a couple of occasions so let me hop in and clarify for you guys. Selling and buying UnID items is certainly something some people enjoy doing, even given the potential for scamming. The reason we don't really want to reinforce this is because we are really trying to refocus the game away from the auction house in general so we don't want to add even more reasons for people to rely on it.

What we would be more likely to consider doing is concepts like Gheed from D2 where you have the ability to spend gold in game to "pull the lever" for good items while giving you some control over what the item you get will be.

It's already in the game, it's called "crafting," and it sucks.
Reply Quote

But how is that different from AHing unids?

Assuming the RMAH and GAH would continue to be reflections of themselves with the only difference being currency. You could potentially sell Unids for real money. Inside the game interacting with an NPC you would be relegated to using gold and gold only. That's the difference I see.

03/16/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Scorch
As for rerolling stats of items, you mean like you already had in the game with the Scrolls of Reforging? Are you regretting removing them now? Maybe take this as a sign that you shouldn't cut so many features before release next time... Here's hoping you people change your mind about cutting the Mystic and Talisman as well... Enchanting and Charms had the potential to be 10 times more interesting than your current bland gem system.

It is rather... disheartening. Pessimism leads me to believe that the items were removed to be sold as future content. However, optimism leads me to believe they were removed to be polished... and then sold as future content. I am looking forward to gold fetching pets in an upcoming patch.
Edited by Lame#1213 on 3/17/2013 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
1. The "Gheed system" was a great gold sink and fun to try your luck at. Seen several posters ask for a similar system for D3, myslef included.

2 PLEASE no unid's on ah. There are few enough buyers and plenty of suppliers for them already.
Reply Quote
UnID's would be a great addition. Especially UnID'd lege's.
Reply Quote
seen

1. The "Gheed system" was a great gold sink and fun to try your luck at. Seen several posters ask for a similar system for D3, myslef included.

2 PLEASE no unid's on ah. There are few enough buyers and plenty of suppliers for them already.

A Gheed system in D3 ,because gold can be converted to hard currency, would be illegal internet gambling and would prevent paypal and all major credit card companies from processing payments to and from Blizzard.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 3/22/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]