Diablo® III

Launcher not downloading patch

I hate to keep posting the same issues but they continue to happen and I can't figure out why.

The latest patch is sitting and "downloading" but the download always takes 10-15 minutes to start, even if the patch is only a couple megabytes or less. It happened again tonight, a friend of mine was able to start the launcher, patch and play in a matter of seconds. I am still waiting for the same patch to start.

This issue has transcended multiple Windows installations on 2 different computers since the launch of Diablo 3. I would really like some sort of answer one of these days - my internet connection is more than substantial enough to download, and when the download DOES eventually start, goes between 2-4 MB/S. But waiting this long just to start such a small download is getting more and more irritating.
Reply Quote
I will add that when the download does "start" (just did when I posted the thread, after 10 mins almost exactly) the downloader does give me a download speed. It is saying it's downloading at 690KB/S, but the progress bar and percent is not moving accordingly.

If previous attempts to play the game are any indication, the 690KB/S will not change for another several minutes, then once it actually does start downloading, will change as the download speed fluctuates like EVERY OTHER program that downloads games or other files to my computer. Then it will finally download as normal and become playable in usually less than a couple minutes, depending on the size of the patch of course.

Thanks for your attention to this.
Edited by Hobocop#1626 on 3/13/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]