Diablo® III

1.0.7a Low FPS

I started playing again when 1.0.7 went live. The game performance was far from great, but it was playable. Now that 1.0.7a is live my fps has been dropping down to single digits.

Does everyone experience that initial lag when creating a new game and casting spells for the first time? I encounter that same lag everytime I encounter a new enemy, enter a new zone, or a new elite w a different set of abilities. With 1.0.7 it was manageable, but now that 1.0.7a is live the problem has gotten much worse. Could something like SC2's unit preloader be added to help reduce this problem?

The performance gets better as I play but the fps still drops to a standstill when using seven sided strike on an elite pack for example.

I've been playing the game on and off since the release and it seems the game's performance changes w every patch.

I have reset the SMC, Ran the repair tool, Reset Game Folder & Files Permissions, Closed Background Applications, Repaired Disk Permissions and Repaired Disk, Deleted cache and agent.db files. This helped a little, instead of dropping to 3 fps, ill maybe drop to 5fps. Where I can kinda move when trying to fight that first elite pack as opposed to freezing up for a few seconds and dying. Anything else I can try?

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Processor): 4 MB
Memory: 5 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0160C-155
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.436
Displays:
Cinema:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 2A61502BUFZ
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.2
Boot Volume: Mac HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 1:58
Reply Quote
This cannot be replicated on Blizzard's end.

No problems here.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
03/14/2013 07:59 AMPosted by Pipebomb
The performance gets better as I play but the fps still drops to a standstill when using seven sided strike on an elite pack for example.

This is something I'll pass up to the team for review. Having specific examples like this helps out a lot.
Reply Quote
I am having the same challenges since the most recent patch, the game has been mostly unplayable, even on my machine below.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Edited by DarthMonkey#1441 on 3/14/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I ended up finding an old copy of my parent's Window's Vista: Business. For the first time I've finally plowed ahead and installed Bootcamp. Somehow I managed to get Windows and Diablo 3 installed (had no idea what I was doing lol). And, ... WOW the game runs about 4 times faster, never dropping below 20 fps. This is the best the game has run for me! Although looking at Windows OS is like looking at a foreign language, maybe ill eventually get used to it. Kinda mixed feelings :/
Reply Quote
Those in this thread that have Macs capable of doing so should install the 10.8.3 update. It appears to solve many issues. Any who also have a Retina MBP 15" should install the newly released firmware update which fixes a slew of problems.

You can find information about both here:

Mac OS X 10.8.3 Release: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197651429

15" Retina MacBook Pro Update Release: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197181399

Reply Quote
Awesome thx! I'll try that in the near future.
Reply Quote
Well, I have the same problem on win7 x64 pc. Got gtx 670 card, the game fps drops down in certain areas like arreat crater lvl2, especially in multiplayer games. It happens randomly, i dont know if it is related to any specific abilities. Regardless of game details and other settings, the end effect is the same, standstill frame rates. Contacted nvidia customer support and after changing many different options in game, as well as in the nvidia control panel, i couldn get anything better out of the game. In my personal opinion it is patch related issue, I remember the game was fluid here back in the patch 1.06 and earlier ones.
Reply Quote
kubek85, you'll want to post in the Technical Support forum, as they can help you out with Windows troubleshooting over there. This forum is specifically for troubleshooting the game in Mac OS X on Apple hardware.

Technical Support Forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]