Diablo® III

% Poison Damage and Manajuma Knife.

Would there be any eDPS benefit to switching to a % poison SoJ over the current %fire damage SoJ I'm using right now?

On the stat sheet the gains are 0, but I was wondering if from an EDPS stand point if the poison damage would eek out a little more damage from my SOJ set up.

Or is the % poison only applied to skills like Bears for instance?
Reply Quote
No. %___dmg is applicable to the black damage portion of you weapon only.
Reply Quote
Don, Don,Don.

Repeat after me. The %Cold and other %Elemental Damage modifiers Do Not transfer elemental procs or elemental characteristics on any kind period..

Elemental %Damage is multiplied times weapon black damage to be included in total DPS.

Doesn't matter what kind, where it is, or what skill the WD uses, it is all strictly a black damage multiplier to a WD.

So Zuni boots, SoJ rings, Tal Rasha ammys, all are turned into a black damage multiplier. Period.
Reply Quote
Don, Don,Don.

Repeat after me. The %Cold and other %Elemental Damage modifiers Do Not transfer elemental procs or elemental characteristics on any kind period..

Elemental %Damage is multiplied times weapon black damage to be included in total DPS.

Doesn't matter what kind, where it is, or what skill the WD uses, it is all strictly a black damage multiplier to a WD.

So Zuni boots, SoJ rings, Tal Rasha ammys, all are turned into a black damage multiplier. Period.

Yeah, and I find it a little dissapointing that there is no gains from actively trying to match %elemental type to the elemental damage of your weapon.

I was hoping and praying that someone would tell me different, but my dreams are crushed.

Thanks dudes.
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 3/14/2013 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 12:51 PMPosted by DonBukka
I was hoping and praying that someone would tell me different, but my dreams are crushed.

Lol.
Reply Quote
Well you crushed my dreams of finding more Legs.. Damn why am I typing here again when I should be out looking for Legs!

There went 6 more!
Reply Quote
Well you crushed my dreams of finding more Legs.. Damn why am I typing here again when I should be out looking for Legs!

There went 6 more!

LEGS down the drain for everyone! abandon the forums!
Reply Quote
lol.. Now if you were to use one of those weapons that add %___ to ___ skills you would be in business :)
Reply Quote
I think it is a flawed game mechanic-design when +x% of Fire doesn't actually do Fire Damage. Other than a red glow on the weapon.

Just about every other ARPG and RPG game would apply some sort of fire damage or burn affect on the target.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 3/14/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]