Diablo® III

Best place to find gems

Where is the the best place (act or quest) to find gems?? Mainly flawless squares. Is there an act or quest that averages more gems than others or is it all just total ramdom?

What have you learned??

Thank you
Reply Quote
Hellforge
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 09:49 PMPosted by BLITZZILLA
Hellforge

Made my day... well, evening.
Reply Quote
There is a Hellforge in D3? Maybe I've forgotten or missed it but where could I find it?? Thanx for reminding me.
Reply Quote
The auction house is too expensive for gems. I was just wondering if anybody has found a place or act that has atleast seemed to drop more gems than others.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 09:49 PMPosted by BLITZZILLA
Hellforge

03/21/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Ginko
Auction house?

Both very good answers. LMAO!!!.

Honestly though, one of the developers early on said they really wanted folks to play through the material. This is evident from the extremely linear progression, useless town portals, no act jumping, quests being ticked off no matter what you are doing, etc. They didn't want you to feel you had to just fight bosses for loot, or farm 1 area over and over again (because it had a certain creature level) looking for specific drops. [imho what they didn't take into account is *that* was a huge part of diablo II, being able to go anywhere, kill a few bosses, jump in on a boss run, farm a certain area knowing it had level 95 monsters, which could drop anything, etc].

So to answer your question, you need to farm an area which has huge monster density that you can kill quickly. IE, go back to farming Inferno, ACT 3, mp0 or 1. I've run into the same problem though, now that plans and essences drop like hot cakes, I see about 1/4 the level of gems drop. I actually make more gold to upgrade costs, but can't find enough gems to do it with.
Reply Quote
Yea thats my point about buying gems at AH. They are already WAAAY to expensive to just craft for what little gain they give you. Specially when your characters gear is maxed out and you don't have 100+mill in gold to buy somthing better. So every little bit you can squeeze out of gems helps. I think Blizzard dropped the ball on the gains from gems. There are so many different levels of gems that the higher quality of gem combined with the cost, should give you higher attributes than just 4. Specially since the game doesn't drop gems higher than a flawless square.
Reply Quote
The treasure goblins seem to drop many gems. You can try equipping a puzzle ring for yourself and your follower.

gl
Reply Quote
Try the Vault of the Assassin is one of the only true farm spots left in d3. I seem to find the most amount of goblins in some of the latter act2 areas
Edited by Altair#1465 on 3/26/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:44 AMPosted by BADSALLY
Specially when your characters gear is maxed out and you don't have 100+mill in gold to buy somthing better.

Um, are you referring to one of your characters when you say that? I don't see it....
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Prozacster
Specially when your characters gear is maxed out and you don't have 100+mill in gold to buy somthing better.

Um, are you referring to one of your characters when you say that? I don't see it....

Was refering to my demon hunter. I havent found much gear better in AH that didnt cost 100+mill. However I do get lucky from time to time and find somthing that is reasonably priced. For instance I just bought a new manticore with 2 sockets. The price was fair and so far I'm happy with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]