Diablo® III

300th spear vs Thing of the deep

I think the 301st spear would be better than the 300th spear.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
03/19/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Drothvader
lol its a reference to the movie 300 not a joke about how many were made (we both know you know theres more than 300 of the buggers)

Jeez, see if I ever make a funny ever again. =(

Welcome to my world...

Reply Quote
03/19/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Drothvader
Anyone got any usage stats on these two items? I never see anyone running around using 300th spear and I see lots of people using Thing of the deep.

I gave my 300th spear to my Templar.

He now runs super fast. ^.^

Perhaps the 300th spear wouldn't be so horrible if they didn't make 300 of them. =( I wonder what kind of stats the first 299 of them had.

Now that was funny.

Honestly if they made this spear roll better damage I'd try it out. But like 800 dps??
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/19/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Eduw
Number one barb on diabloprogress Alkaizer uses 2 the 300th spears. I imported his profile into D3up.

He's number one Paragon 100 and, if I'm not mistaken, most of his paragon levelling was with double tornado spec before the MPs patch. Btw, his other 300th is Legacy so no WT/AS bonuses.

I do...

There's probably way better weapons for throwing spec, but I saw this posted for 250k so I jumped all over it.

For WT build it actually is pretty good, specially when combined with an Echoing Fury.
Awesome HC barbarian either way!

Well ya otherwise he could not use two at the same time. my guess is he uses it to farm.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 11:09 AMPosted by AxeLord
We want players to feel like entire new builds can open up if they get their hand on the right items. Glimmers of this idea are already in the game with The Three Hundredth Spear and Thing of the Deep.

Anyone got any usage stats on these two items? I never see anyone running around using 300th spear and I see lots of people using Thing of the deep.

300th spear is a good concept, only reason its not popular its because its under powered. But the idea of the item is really good as it serves to promote build diversity
Reply Quote
the only reason why its not popular is because the only thing left in the game to do are exp and mf run.
WW barb are very efficient at both of these hence no one feels the need to use any other build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]