Diablo® III

Density Changes

Couple questions...

Will only density change, or will certain monsters properties also change. It seems like there are a few specific enemies that would be quite lethal in large doses...

I saw A4 on the target list. Will the map size increase so we just get more monsters, or is the act really going to get flooded with even more enemies? It doesn't really seem like A4 isn't "Dense" enough, the act itself is just short as hell.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I have seen several post from players wondering if the monster density adjustments in patch 1.0.8 will alter map sizes or add monster abilities, so I just wanted to clarify on that. Currently, the only intended change is to rebalance monster population density in Acts I, II, and IV. For now, that does not include new monster abilities or increases to map size.

Wyatt goes into a little more depth here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#75
Reply Quote
Map changes need to be implemented sooner or later. Or at least some sort of randomization. Or new areas. 1.0.9 perhaps?
Reply Quote
Any reason its taking so long Grimiku? I know everyones looking forward to these changes but I truly believe 1.08 should have been done AFTER the Itemisation fix.

Noones wants to farm more useless items, I can guarantee everyone would prefer useful items as a priority.

I'm not even a impatient type of person, but these releases are seriously taking along time to hit the floor.
Reply Quote
View profile
Some new maps would be refreshing. lots of dead ends and doors that dont open in the game, fallen staircases, possible cave entrances, etc to add on to. I suspect some of these places were made with the intentions of expanding upon.
Reply Quote
Jeez...wish some people would learn some patience. Not only does the code have to be written, and the modifications made, made in a way that doesn't break the game, but there is also people constantly watching the players, forums, the games, and the economy, to make sure that whatever they implement doesn't just botch everything! Calm down people, they're doing their best!
Reply Quote
I remember those D2 days were they added the snake monsters attack with a necromancer's bonespear, aside from their usual Paladin's Charge attack XD
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
Currently, the only intended change is to rebalance monster population density in Acts I, II, and IV.

Hmmm, okie dokie; Guess I need more defense to farm A2. Those serpents usually smack me down to anywhere between 50 to 30% when 4 or 5 of them come out of stealth, and I really can't do anything about it since you can't hit them while they're invis or reasonably move away fast enough when they appear. I couldn't imagine surviving getting hit by 4x more of them.

Thanks for the feedback :)
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 3/20/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/20/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Audiophreak
Map changes need to be implemented sooner or later. Or at least some sort of randomization. Or new areas. 1.0.9 perhaps?

That's probably expansion material.
Reply Quote
Regarding density changes... when playing in Monster Power modes, I've noticed an increase of champions and elite monsters. I don't mind this, but it does become problematic when you end up having 2-3 champion/elite groups right next to each other and thereby grouping up against you all at once. XD
I would hope that this is also addressed in the density changes patch.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Audiophreak

Agreed!

Although I'm happy with monster density being addressed, I think maps do need rework. D3 needs more optional areas/maps to explore with more side quests and events. Random dungeons are not sufficient. D3's randomization also isn't really random because most patterns are repetitive and predictable.
Reply Quote
I'm looking forward to 2% more map space at some time in 2019. As for density, there will be very careful and measured augmentations of around 4% monsters per 5 minutes of play - while we all dream of a Bridge of Korsikk packed with 4 times as much fiends as now. And all the alterations made by the devs will be eminently reasonable, perfectly minimalistic and totally underwhelming, in absolute concordance with their sluggish and unpassionate track record so far.
Also, of course, you will have to pay 8 mio gold to access increased density areas.

Folks, about the devs around here, kindly understand this:
1. They don't get why stuff like fun gameplay should matter
2. They're not in a hurry
3. They need to talk to their buddies in other departments about anything
4. They're getting paid anyway
5. They have to overthink everything. Procrastination is their middle name.
6. They feel utterly offended whenever somebody mentions D2/LOD
7. They work very slowly
8. Please donate generously to the Help the Dev Foundation. Every cent counts!
Reply Quote
Folks, about the devs around here, kindly understand this:
1. They don't get why stuff like fun gameplay should matter
2. They're not in a hurry
3. They need to talk to their buddies in other departments about anything
4. They're getting paid anyway
5. They have to overthink everything. Procrastination is their middle name.
6. They feel utterly offended whenever somebody mentions D2/LOD
7. They work very slowly
8. Please donate generously to the Help the Dev Foundation. Every cent counts!

i already donated $60. i'm pretty sure they just went to the bar with it. :(
Reply Quote
I would agree on map suggestions listed here, but to be honest I don't see it happening. At that level you are practically changing the entire game. In an expansion I could see it happening but other than that I am not sure.

I was however thinking that adding portals into Act 4 would be cool. I mean you supposed to be in heaven so to me anyway the idea of portals that transport you around seems like it fits anyway.

Maybe adding some sections of new maps that you access by portals or something. Maybe a side quest or two.
Reply Quote
View profile
For now, that does not include new monster abilities or increases to map size.

(sorry for my english)

May players to create a new maps for you by himself ?
To send it for review and potentially adding to game by every-month contest?
Reply Quote
I have seen several post from players wondering if the monster density adjustments in patch 1.0.8 will alter map sizes or add monster abilities, so I just wanted to clarify on that. Currently, the only intended change is to rebalance monster population density in Acts I, II, and IV. For now, that does not include new monster abilities or increases to map size.

You could have just answered this 4 times in the "ask the devs"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]