Diablo® III

Character building through proc points

I was thinking about this today and I have no idea exactly how it would work, but I am throwing it out there as a concept out anyway.

Since we have no way to build up skills or allocate stat points what if there was a way to build up proc coefficients on given skills?

Say thru paragon level or another system you gained a token every 10 levels and that token was worth .01 proc rate (again that number may to small or too large). You could then assign them to any given skill to build up that skills proc rate.

Would this generate any new builds?

Thoughts anyone?
Reply Quote
Thanks for posting about building. I like that more people are posting about actual character building/customizing.

I only don't like that it has to do with Paragon. Would be nice to actually build when you play through the initial haul of the game.
Reply Quote
It doesn't have to be paragon, it's just that that is already in place.
Reply Quote
Building up skill proc's almost seem pointless. Maybe if they built up skills themselves not just proc's
Reply Quote
Then when a patch comes down the road and makes your character worthless, you're SOL.

That's what blizzard wants to avoid with being able to choose skills on the fly.

Choosing such character altering whatnot, goes against what blizz wants to do with d3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]