Diablo® III

because there are 5 classes...

Imagine you have 5 friends and they all wanna play in party with you, and you can only play with 4 of them :(
Reply Quote
my favorite part about this thread is that literally EVERY argument Lylirra makes about 4 players being better than 5 could also be applied to 3 players being better than 4, and 2 players being better than 3, etc.

This is why I play solo. Engage in learning, Blizz.
Reply Quote
maybe 0 players is better than 1 just a thought that could be fun
Reply Quote
then when game lags or deaths... we can all make excuses.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Barambo
Imagine you have 5 friends and they all wanna play in party with you, and you can only play with 4 of them :(

that is my situation atm

03/29/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Mitchysan
then when game lags or deaths... we can all make excuses.

people who make the decision of playing with a party over four should know that they were warned before hand and stick to four while others would rather have "fun" with more people in the same game
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/29/2013 12:12 AMPosted by TheCursed
Notice how you only choose what to answer?

I was clarifying because I thought I had already answered your question in a previous post (it wasn't directed at you, however, so you may have missed it):

It's a disservice to game design -- as well as your feedback and healthy discussion in general -- to boil everything down to "well, you just did it because of console." Especially since you’re essentially ignoring everything we’re trying to talk to you about in the process. There were a number of different reasons that led us to decide on four players for multiplayer games in Diablo III, and none of them related to the development of console. You may agree with some of those reasons and disagree with others, or disagree with all of them -- and that's okay! Critiques are good, so long as they're relevant. Unfortunately, reducing all your arguments to glorified strawmen isn't very relevant. (Nor does it give us a lot of useful feedback on which to base further improvements.)

Not sure how much more straightforward I can be on the topic, though I hope it helps address the concern you brought it in one of your earlier posts. :)

03/28/2013 11:44 PMPosted by TheCursed
You acknowledged that it is one of the factors that affects the number of allowable players so it is still within the topic of discussion.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Barambo

Imagine you have 6 friends and they all wanna play in party with you, and you can only play with 5 of them :(
Reply Quote
Its 4 players because the console version was taken into consideration during development.

Anything Lylirra says is just BS. I swear Blizzard believe we're all dumb as !@#$.

Please cite your source otherwise take off your tinfoil hat
Reply Quote
I'm surprised at blue responses to some of these questions (Wonder why?)... This is the first Blizzard product or game I've ever purchased and the way Blizzard handle themselves makes me think of the PR Fluff constantly fed to the players extremely soulless (harsh I know).

Mentioning player ideas or demands (optional higher player cap) and downplaying them and pretending your showing no arrogance by claiming its some sort of design philosophy (usually the words used, not here though) is a hard thing to believe when the criticism is better then Blizzards responses (often making more sense too), most often dancing around the main points of a topic to a point we all become frustrated at what "looks" like developer incompetence (ask the devs anyone?). hence why you now face fans that don't accept your reasons have any value. I don't even think you should expect it. I am not saying that to an individual, I am saying that to Blizzard as a whole. This is why some "believe" things like a 4 player cap being the best number is rubbish as far as your reasoning goes Lylirra.

To be clear I don't personally think any one person at blizzard is an awful person including Jay but at this point assuming people don't understand you Lylirra "If people think I'm lying then they don't actually understand my stance very well.", for lack of a better word...

It's because your robots!

Trust me, a lot of the problem is the community. That being said, I'm now prepared for endless flaming because, well, the truth hurts.
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Right now, there aren't any plans to bring power up globes to the PC, but that of course may change as we continue testing and poring through your feedback. :)

Can I ask why? Why would this NOT come to PC. That sounds like a great little pace changer for PC grinding. Something additional to the system to add variety.

I'm okay with move mechanics being different to a degree with roll/evade and even agree that that's kinda a console-y type thing and other changes of this nature...

But this is a combat mechanics change outside mobility/control differences. This is a straight buff to the console version when fighting mobs. It makes combat funner by adding variety, something we've been asking for on the PC since launch.

Again, I'll ask; Why would this NOT come to PC?
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 3/29/2013 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/29/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Kirtswall
So to clarify (since there seems to be quite a bit Blizz is allowing to go unexplained which is possibly what's causing a lot of confusion and anger) the console version doesn't even have the AH. That is understandable (I hope it's phased out of the PC version come any expansion or I'm not playing any more) but does that lack of auction house mean you changed there drop rates to be realistic so the PC version is basically the one with the infringing auction house and bad drop rates but the console one manages to get good drop rates and no AH?

I've linked it before, but Matthew Berger from our console team addresses that question super well in his interview with IGN. Here's a link if you want to check it out: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/22/10-minutes-of-diablo-3-on-ps3-pax-east-2013

Skip to about 5:25 to check out his answer about itemization and drop rates.

03/29/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Kirtswall
On that note can you give an honest answer about whether drop rates have already started to change based on what you wanted (less items but better ones) because I've done around 8 runs recently and I don't even see green items anymore, I very rarely even see orange and that is weird and feels very bad when I am not seeing the upgraded item quality. I don't know if I'm just unlucky in this game but the drop rates constantly seem against me.

We haven't made any changes beyond what's been called out in patch notes and hotfix blogs. We have a lot of changes planned, but they're currently scheduled to be implemented sometime after 1.0.8 releases. If you haven't checked out Travis' blog yet, I definitely recommend it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013
Edited by Lylirra on 3/29/2013 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
Just to state this here, on the PC version if I do not find an legendary/set item each run, then you failed at designing the item drops in this game.

Here is an idea, because you will have to make legendary/sets drop like candy for console players, you have to do it for PC as well.

If you do not do this, well, just remove D3 from PC as it is obvious you guys don't care about PC players at all (then again, the numbers JW said, it is a fair assumption since your numbers are pathetic and pitiful).
Reply Quote

If you do not do this, well, just remove D3 from PC as it is obvious you guys don't care about PC players at all (then again, the numbers JW said, it is a fair assumption since your numbers are pathetic and pitiful).

Yes, its so obvious, a very fair assumption (You know what they say about assuming)
/sarcasm
Reply Quote
damn .. they said "soon" ... wich means it's not next week or the other. It might be in a month or 2 .. so long to wait, so little patience after 10 months. ...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/29/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Zombie
It's because your robots!

I prefer the term cyborg, thank you.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Ok, accepting your position about the console not affecting the past development of the PC version at face value, how about future development?

If a feature or NPC that would be wildly popular and beneficial to the game (pick a hypothetical, random example) was doable on PC, but just not technically feasible on console, would that preclude it from ever being implemented on the PC because it would cause the games to diverge too much?

Are the platforms tied together as far as Expansions are concerned or is the console version really its own game. My concern is that the console will hold back the PC expansion's release and content.

Back with an answer for you!

Our plan is to continue using staggered development, which means the PC version and the console version will have their own separate development teams and cycles. The goal with that is to really allow each team to make the right decisions for their respective platform without impacting the other. We're working on making an awesome console game. But, at the same time, we're going to continue to focus on making Diablo III an awesome PC game, implementing the improvements we've already discussed and actively watching your discussions to see how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. In the end, if a potential feature rocks for PC, but sucks for the console (or vice-versa) we won’t force it on that platform. And to be clear, PC is the lead platform.

So to answer your second question, the console version is its own game in many ways and should not impact the development of content for the PC version. It will, however, take its cue (in terms of things likes classes, skills, and major features) from PC.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Lylirra
Our plan is to continue using staggered development, which means the PC version and the console version will have their own separate development teams and cycles. The goal with that is to really allow each team to make the right decisions for their respective platform without impacting the other.

That's wonderful news; thank you!
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Lylirra
And to be clear, PC is the lead platform.

oooo this is gonna get quoted to death methinks
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/29/2013 10:30 AMPosted by kukabuka

And probably out of context, too! ;)
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Lylirra

And probably out of context, too! ;)

Off topic, are we going to get the Ask the Dev answers today or should we give up for this week?

It sounds like a good way to end this week :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]