Diablo® III

because there are 5 classes...

03/29/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Lylirra
oooo this is gonna get quoted to death methinks

And probably out of context, too! ;)

Pretty hard to take that out of context.
Reply Quote
It still saddens me to see that Blizzard has to dictate what is fun to ME. How do you know what is fun for ME, or other players? Just because you think something is a good idea doesn't mean it is or is not. I mean, just look at the forums. They speak for themselves.

Fans want:
At least 5 players per game to fit with the 5 classes.
More multiplayer bonus rewards.

Blizzard, and you Lylirra since you're the only CM responding actively lately, I have over 1000 hours logged onto Diablo 3. Yet, I've only played multiplayer for maybe a max of 25-50 hours (and these were while I was a noob pre 1.03 and couldn't progress by myself). Does that not tell you that your logic and reasoning for 4-player max games and lack of bonuses for playing multiplayer is simply flawed?
Edited by Erotica#1744 on 3/29/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:40 AMPosted by DoomBringer
Off topic, are we going to get the Ask the Dev answers today or should we give up for this week?

german CM stated that it's not finished.
Reply Quote
Was the transition onto console something Blizzard anticipated as a possibility while D3 was still under development? Or was this more of a financial move that came after the crash of D3 sales after initial release?
Reply Quote
Ok, accepting your position about the console not affecting the past development of the PC version at face value, how about future development?

If a feature or NPC that would be wildly popular and beneficial to the game (pick a hypothetical, random example) was doable on PC, but just not technically feasible on console, would that preclude it from ever being implemented on the PC because it would cause the games to diverge too much?

Are the platforms tied together as far as Expansions are concerned or is the console version really its own game. My concern is that the console will hold back the PC expansion's release and content.

Back with an answer for you!

Our plan is to continue using staggered development, which means the PC version and the console version will have their own separate development teams and cycles. The goal with that is to really allow each team to make the right decisions for their respective platform without impacting the other. We're working on making an awesome console game. But, at the same time, we're going to continue to focus on making Diablo III an awesome PC game, implementing the improvements we've already discussed and actively watching your discussions to see how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. In the end, if a potential feature rocks for PC, but sucks for the console (or vice-versa) we won’t force it on that platform. And to be clear, PC is the lead platform.

So to answer your second question, the console version is its own game in many ways and should not impact the development of content for the PC version. It will, however, take its cue (in terms of things likes classes, skills, and major features) from PC.

What motivation do I have to purchase D3 on consul when I already have it for PC?
I feel since D3 was the fastest selling game in history, you guys are only selling to a small market for consul. People who don't have a computer but have a gaming consul. While I would love to try it, its not worth spending money to play the same game on my PS3.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:50 AMPosted by DarkJack
Off topic, are we going to get the Ask the Dev answers today or should we give up for this week?

*Sad panda*

:(
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:51 AMPosted by DoomBringer

*Sad panda*

:(

*unsurprised panda*

since its easter, soonest we're lookin at is tuesday but more likely thursday woo
Reply Quote
When is the new patch going to drop :(((((((((((((((((((((((((
Reply Quote
PTR will probably drop around late april
Reply Quote
I wonder, how many hours did people creating Diablo III play Diablo 2? My guess is 'none'. Why? Here are some examples: in D2 you can actually hear music while slaying monsters, you can build your character by making his/hers skills more powerfull (in D3 you just unlock them), you have better socketables (runewords, different bonuses from gems, jewels), better quest rewards: make an item rare, name an item, receive class item, make it socketable, receive potion which boost resistances, life, book of skill, free level-up; you could find items which give you other classes' skills; all locations were randomly generated; you could choose between whole difficulty level in which you'd like to play, not specific quest (which is lame and reduces players freedom); waypoints did actually matter in d2 (in d3 I don't have to care about them); there were more monsters types in D2; less efects - in D3 all of those colorfull efects make the chaotic and very often you dont even know where you are and who do you attack and trust me its the efect density which makes the play chaotic - not the four players in team; and of course offline mode - sometimes even beacuse of bad weather people lose their internet connection.

To sum up: I think, that today's blizzard have never played previous Diablo parts and they are only just learning how to create Diablo III. This is why we players have to be very patient and understanding.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Lylirra
It's because your robots!

I prefer the term cyborg, thank you.

Great response..

Nice to see blizzards active involvement in threads too even when people want to take shots at ya.
Reply Quote
It still saddens me to see that <Some Other Forum User> has to dictate what is fun to ME. How do you know what is fun for ME, or other players?

Same logic can be said to you

Fans want:
At least 5 players per game to fit with the 5 classes.
More multiplayer bonus rewards.

Eh, when I venture into a public game, even when there's 4 people in sometimes the screen is just a mess I can't make sense of what is going on at all. Sorry, but I agree with Blizz here... with all the spell effects in the game, adding another player is just going to make it even worse. They also made good points about monster health and such, in my opinion. Do you really care that you have one of each class in the game? For the most part I ignore the classes I'm playing with, unless there's another monk.

Multiplayer rewards, though, does make some sense. I play with my brother a lot, and whenever we get together we're lose the MF from our minions, so we're playing at a disadvantage (although we do have two people looking for loot instead of one, but that's because we're teaming together, not the case in a public game)
Reply Quote
What motivation do I have to purchase D3 on consul when I already have it for PC?
I feel since D3 was the fastest selling game in history, you guys are only selling to a small market for consul. People who don't have a computer but have a gaming consul. While I would love to try it, its not worth spending money to play the same game on my PS3.

There is quite the population of people out there that don't actively maintain their PC's for gaming. There will still be a rather large market of console only people that this could sell too.

Also, I don't think they're really intending for people to buy both. Though I'm sure they won't argue with those who do.
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 3/29/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:58 AMPosted by AxeLord

I prefer the term cyborg, thank you.

Great response..

Nice to see blizzards active involvement in threads too even when people want to take shots at ya.

LOL @ "involvement"

The community managers are nothing but hired PR/spin doctors.
Reply Quote

Great response..

LOL @ "involvement"

The community managers are nothing but hired PR/spin doctors.

as opposed to hired mud slingers? I don't think you understand the point of a community manager.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]