Diablo® III

because there are 5 classes...

Community Manager
03/28/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Bob
So you are saying Guildwars 2 got it wrong with the dodging built in?

No. Are you?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
BS BS BS TheXelnaga here from 5 years counting feedback from Diablo 3 classic forums and longer then that on Diablo 2 forums , who has participated in every Diablo podcast under the sun, ask Bashiok who is TheXelnaga, I have been giving valuable feedback for years, I was giving feedback when Bashiok was MicahW as the Tyrael Icon. You guys have not been listening, I have mounds and mounds of data backed up on the internet way back machine I have been posting for years based on player feedback.

I really dig your passion. :) One important thing to keep in mind, though, is even though we may not have acted on your feedback in particular, that doesn't mean we don't value it, or that we haven't made positive changes based on player input. Many of the improvements we've made since the game launched (as well as those currently planned for 1.0.8 and beyond) have been inspired, influenced, or guided by community discussion.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/28/2013 11:21 PMPosted by TheCursed
Hooray. We payed to be beta testers for consoles.

You keep using that word...
Reply Quote
tbh, some people are getting too mad on the forums

all i want is the decision if i want to play with four or more players instead of four or less

the more players, the more fun... let the player decide if it is too cluttered or hard to monitor

if they think it is too cluttered, they can join four player games while others may have more fun with four plus players (because maybe they would rather play with their four plus friends then only four selected friends)

edit: thanks for the constant posts Lylirra
Edited by pHkaty#1127 on 3/28/2013 11:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hooray. We payed to be beta testers for consoles.

You keep using that word...

Is it not allowed? Or is is because you rather not discuss it. You acknowledged that it is one of the factors that affects the number of allowable players so it is still within the topic of discussion. Do you want to explain why i shouldn't bring it up instead of just telling me that i shouldn't?

Hypothetically if Blizzard were to really let players host and decide how many players should be in a game, do you actually believe thing the ones complaining will be the majority? I do however believe that this will inversely effect your console release and a majority of your stockholders will be the ones complaining. Care to convince me otherwise? What happened to the putting the game and players first philosophy you keep insisting your company follow?

PS: Stop operating on the assumption that all of us are incapable of making decisions for ourselves. And stop implying it indirectly.
Edited by TheCursed#6888 on 3/28/2013 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/28/2013 11:44 PMPosted by TheCursed
Is it not allowed? Or is is because you rather not discuss it. You acknowledged that it is one of the factors that affects the number of allowable players so it is still within the topic of discussion. Do you want to explain why i shouldn't bring it up instead of just telling me that i shouldn't?

That what is one of the factors? Can you clarify?

(And, though it's a catchy phrase, the PC version was not a beta for the console version. Due to when the console version went into full development, however, it will be able to benefit from many of the changes we've made to the PC version since it launched last May.)
Edited by Lylirra on 3/28/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So you say 5 player would suggest the player to use all 5 classes in a mp game. Then forget about the number 5 and use 6 instead. Or even more.
You say that too many player will confuse us because of the effects? Let us decide that and add some options to create a mp game ( # of player, mp, password, mp game name, ...) .

You are right that fun is subjective. And to cover more types give us some choice. Maybe you want to prevent player to be unable to create a mp game because it gets to complex for them. But we aren't all that stupid.
Edited by Siggi#2209 on 3/29/2013 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
We know some players will always prefer to have more than four people in a group, and we respect that completely. Even so, while a larger party size may seem appealing in concept (and even in practice for other games), there are a number of factors which contributed to us deciding on four players for co-op in Diablo III.

This is a prime example of this team completely over-thinking a game play mechanic and choosing all the wrong answers to the concerns at hand. Why would you guys not give players the choice? Make skills scale, re-balance, do whatever you have to do, but let us choose how much impact our characters have, let us choose what we find fun.

Remember in Diablo 2, we could choose how many players were in our games? Did you EVER see a public game where someone set the limit to 4? Hardly. Limits were rarely set, because having more people was fun and rewarding. And for the people who might not have found it fun, they had the option to define that. I don't care if this game "isn't Diablo 2" as some of the devs often answer concerns with, you guys seem so damn adamant not to rehash systems from the game that literally defined what this series is, and that stubbornness has been the biggest downfall. That stubbornness is why we still have the auction house, even though it's been admitted by Jay Wilson at this point that it has done nothing but harm the game. Pull the damn plug on it, stop over-thinking it.

"More players means too much happening on-screen! Let's scrap the idea!"

Or how about create an option to turn down the spell intensity of your group members? How about we explore the ways to MAKE IT HAPPEN, because players want to have the choice. Honestly, why you guys would choose to trash game mechanics from the previous game rather than improve upon them will always baffle me (looking at rune words as well).

So many systems have been run into the ground by over-thinking at this point, and again, this whole response is just a great example of it.
Reply Quote
i believe blizzard should allow 8 players like in diablo 2. i loved the carnage, the ferocity, the action. of 8 player diablo 2.

I understand their reasoning that it may become too clogged, however that is subjective. A lot of us may actually love that clogged feeling. That feeling of spells, elements, wolves, swords, and all sorts of stuff hitting the fan in a swirling heap of chaos.

I love it.

Just include the player limiting function so when creating games you can restrict it to 4 if you dont like more than that amount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]