Diablo® III

1.07A Huge Lag issue

I have never had a major issue with rubberbanding, at least not since 1.05, but directly after I ran the patch for 1.07a I ran face first into the lag monster something fierce.

I tried running a pathping to the Blizzard servers as was described in the sticky above, but it couldn't even finish. However, I successfully completed a Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net with Grade A's on both, as well as a visual traceroute to Dallas with <80 ms ping times.

No other game rubberbands like this, and Diablo hadn't done it in months until this patch. I'm from Oklahoma, so whatever server that is needs a reboot or something.
Reply Quote
Same problem in CA... My network speed is more than 1.5 MB/s. The ping in game should not be more than 500...But right now it's usually more than 2000...Red bar at most time...
Reply Quote
Blizzard! Your customers need you! FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!
Reply Quote
I appear to be having the same issue...

Does anyone know if blizz is aware of this, are they working on a fix?
Reply Quote
Can NOT play game in huge lag right now.....................
Edited by OrangeXP#1450 on 3/17/2013 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i got a big problems i got a
acpi x64 based pc
atk0110 acpi utility
ata serie nvidia nforce
nvidia nforce pci
intel(R) core(TM)2 duo cpu e8400 @3.00ghz

and im lagin so much i dont really know about the computer but since the new update 1.0.7 i started too lags soo ***** much and at the past i never lags its just with the new patch
Reply Quote
and a graphic card amd radeon 6570 hd
Reply Quote
I'm in Australia so usually expect around 250ms. Lately it has been jumping all over the place, up to 1.6 seconds so makes it unplayable. Tried another game with west coast servers and no problem so obviously the problem lies with battlenet.
Reply Quote
im in montreal and its dont work good
Reply Quote
lag is beyond a joke it constantly goes orange and red during games. please fix this! It aint my connection either since it was always working great beforehand and my connection has been tested thoroughly.
Reply Quote
hardcore was always my favorite way to play Diablo.

sadly that is impossible now, i've had horrible lag SINCE LAUNCH.

get used to it, it isnt going away.
Reply Quote
my lag is so bizarre that i don't even am able to play the game anymore! WTF!!???
Reply Quote
Latency is up and down more often than a !@#$%'s underwear. I'm in the UK and this has only been happening since maintenance. It's spiking all over the place for no reason, at first I doubted my connection but I've run several tests and checks and called my ISP etc. and everything is fine.

So Blizzard support please get on to some people in your tech department to check everything they can and at least acknowledge this problem so that we all can rest assured that you're trying to find out what's going on! PLEASE!

*sad panda* :(
Reply Quote
how long need to fix lag problem?mother!@#$er!!
Reply Quote
i'm sick to playing huge lag game,damn!!
Reply Quote
Same here. I hadn't played since August, came back a week before 1.07a.
All was good, having fun. 1.07a drops, then the first few days I had crazy frame rate loss.
Also this is where the rubberbanding starts. In addition I get many outright disconnect from server.
For instance, http://i.imgur.com/O6GTGvn.jpg
I get to 5 stacks, I find the keywarden, then it disconnects me. 2nd time it's happened 5stacks on a keywarden. First time was worse because I spent a good 20 mins or so getting those 5stacks on MP10.
Reply Quote
can't really help much. I also had lag problems post last tuesday's maintenance that magically dissapeared only today.

in anycase, I read that some people fixed their lag issue by deleting the diablo 3 cache file from

Diablo III Install Folder\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs

and deleting the diablo iii.tlif and diablo iii.m lif files from the diablo IiI install folder\diablo iii

then restarting and forcing the game to redownload all of that..
Reply Quote
can't really help much. I also had lag problems post last tuesday's maintenance that magically dissapeared only today.

in anycase, I read that some people fixed their lag issue by deleting the diablo 3 cache file from

Diablo III Install Folder\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs

and deleting the diablo iii.tlif and diablo iii.m lif files from the diablo IiI install folder\diablo iii

then restarting and forcing the game to redownload all of that..

I can confirm this, although for me it only helps for an hour or two then the lag starts to spike crazily again.
Reply Quote
Tried pretty much everything I could on my end, really good computer setup, very high up/dl speeds, put all my settings on the lowest possible, etc. I should not lag but I still have these crazy 10-30sec lag spikes which renders the game completely unplayable. They also happen when my ping is 100ms lol. The 30sec ones cause my game to crash randomly and this happens on a daily basis. I can't play hardcore yet due to this problem. Any advice is appreciated.
Reply Quote
I am really sorry i ever bought this game, knew it will be bad with 24\7 connection online, but this is a ****** joke. never ill buy a game from you again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]