Diablo® III

Question about upcoming drop rate changes

With the reduced drop rate for rates planned for rares, considering vendoring is a source of income for some, is there any plan to increase the price in which they are vendored for to compensate?
Reply Quote
Valid question, I'd assume so and if not, I really hope they do.
Reply Quote
Why was my asking for blue response deleted? Is there something I'm not aware of?

I would hope they do increase the vendor price significantly.
Reply Quote
I would really like to know this.
Reply Quote
Game Designer
As designers part of our job is to understand and be aware of the ripples caused by changes we make. Reducing the drop rate of items in the future will certainly impact the rate at which players acquire gold and crafting materials and we will adjust values where necessary to compensate for this.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Travis Day
As designers part of our job is to understand and be aware of the ripples caused by changes we make. Reducing the drop rate of items in the future will certainly impact the rate at which players acquire gold and crafting materials and we will adjust values where necessary to compensate for this.

Will rare packs/bosses still have guaranteed rare drop with 4-5 stacks? If that remains, people are just going to farm locations with high density of elites all day long =/
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Druid

I love that you actually talk to the people, which at least lets us know that you read over what the community has to say.

Keep it up Travis, for a super sexy D3 in the near future =)
Reply Quote
Good news, fair and proper.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 05:43 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Will rare packs/bosses still have guaranteed rare drop with 4-5 stacks? If that remains, people are just going to farm locations with high density of elites all day long =/

Isnt that what people are doing anyways?

Isnt that what people who have leveled up are supposed to do?

You have something against doing that?
Reply Quote
A very valid question that we have an answer for now. Excellent news.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 05:49 PMPosted by sheltem

Isnt that what people are doing anyways?

Isnt that what people who have leveled up are supposed to do?

You have something against doing that?

Well you see, the idea is to make rare items more rare. If they reduce the droprate of rare items and increase its quality, but keep the guaranteed rares from elite packs.... rare items are still going to be super common.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile

I am very glad to hear this!
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 06:02 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Well you see, the idea is to make rare items more rare. If they reduce the droprate of rare items and increase its quality, but keep the guaranteed rares from elite packs.... rare items are still going to be super common.

Not Sure exactly where You are going with the question though.

Worried about the economy? The value of items?

You think that players should do more shopping/crafting and less farming?

Farming all day to hopefully find that really good item is kinda the nature of a diablo game.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 06:31 PMPosted by sheltem

Not Sure exactly where You are going with the question though.

Worried about the economy? The value of items?

You think that players should do more shopping/crafting and less farming?

Farming all day to hopefully find that really good item is kinda the nature of a diablo game.

I was saying this:

If their goal is to make rare items rare, they should to get rid of guaranteed rare drops else, rare items are not rare. If they keep guaranteed rare drop, people are going to farm VotA all day long. They are increasing the monster density to have us do more areas --- not restrain us to only high density (of elite) areas :o

I'm not worried about the economy since I don't really care about it.

I practically said the same thing as before D:
Reply Quote
It would be fantastic to also see certain white items that drop be worth a fair bit of gold to sell to the vendor as well. Maybe white items that are class specific or something to that effect. It would also help to browse through a pile or make killing seem like it does not need to be done in the fastest plow through x area as fast as possible playstyle the most beneficial. I know this game is not suppose to be a revamped D2, nor do I want it to be, however I would like to have another avenue for building up gold.
Reply Quote

very good to hear. I brought this concern a couple of weeks ago on the forum but it disappeared very quickly due to the number of posts. I don't use the auction house and only craft or rely on drops for my gear so I was concerned that I would not get enough gold or mats after the patch. one person did point out something good to me when he said the yellow's would be better anyways so I may not have to craft as much. it was a good point but I still like to craft. it's like opening up a treasure chest every time to see what you get. thank you travis for taking the time to respond to this concern. I feel better now :)
Edited by cutler006#1927 on 3/18/2013 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]