Diablo® III

Question about upcoming drop rate changes

I've been arguing for a LONG time the rare drop system was terrible for the game.

Maybe now Diablo can move on from the "1 million drop" ideology to "quality drop" phase.
Reply Quote
careful not to vendor your equiped items
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Snoofo
With the reduced drop rate for rates planned for rares, considering vendoring is a source of income for some, is there any plan to increase the price in which they are vendored for to compensate?

I think we also need to ask if there any plan to increase drop quality. Gold can do many things but the most important usage imo is gears upgarding, if drop quality is good enough so that I don't need to visit AH so often, I don't mind I earn lesser gold in the future.

If the chance of getting good gear is more or less the same, I thing increasing price of rare is a resonable request.

BTW, instead of increasing the price of rare, we can increase the price of magical and normal items. Actually, I pick up magical items in SP games :)
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:34 PMPosted by TheOneRaven
I"ve brought this up over 400 times now... they know... and they will be compensating...

Ohhhh just so everybody knew. It finally got an answer. lol
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:59 PMPosted by WCLee
With the reduced drop rate for rates planned for rares, considering vendoring is a source of income for some, is there any plan to increase the price in which they are vendored for to compensate?

I think we also need to ask if there any plan to increase drop quality. Gold can do many things but the most important usage imo is gears upgarding, if drop quality is good enough so that I don't need to visit AH so often, I don't mind I earn lesser gold in the future.

If the chance of getting good gear is more or less the same, I thing increasing price of rare is a resonable request.

BTW, instead of increasing the price of rare, we can increase the price of magical and normal items. Actually, I pick up magical items in SP games :)

Along with the decreased drop rate is the increase of quality (minimising the RNG roll's range to a higher standard). So you will find less junk and when you DO find something, it has a better chance of being good.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811652179?page=1

I think they're listening. lol
Reply Quote
I wish Legendaries would only drop from the big bosses or ubers with 5 stack of NV. And from elites the really good rares with a certain high roll. Then make them really hard. Shouldn't it be that way? Or would that be so not like diablo?
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
03/19/2013 01:37 AMPosted by Mozzer
I wish Legendaries would only drop from the big bosses or ubers with 5 stack of NV. And from elites the really good rares with a certain high roll. Then make them really hard. Shouldn't it be that way? Or would that be so not like diablo?

That would be called WoW2.0
Reply Quote
And our favorite Treasure Goblin just appears again from nowhere.

Thanks Travis.
Looking forward to see the new changes in itemization. :)
Good job planting the banner. Now let's beat the crap out of him and hope for a good drop of some LEGENDARY news.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:00 PMPosted by AxeLord
In D2 I found a Unique about every 10 minutes..

No you didn't.

03/18/2013 10:46 PMPosted by MasterJay
Don't forget this is an entire itemization change. Not only will they drop the rate (which will help lower the supply of brimstone like legendaries) but they will be improving the stats and function on ALL legendary. This will mean when you find one it will 99% likely not be brimstone instead of 99% likely to be brimstone (current) or so we hope around those ratios..hell even 50% would be amazing at this point.

Don't forget that isn't happening in 1.08 or even 1.09 by any confirmation. 99% not to be brimstoned? Where do you people get this from?
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 3/19/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
what currently differentiates a yellow from a blue other than chance to drop?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 03:40 AMPosted by Ragic
what currently differentiates a yellow from a blue other than chance to drop?

lol When is the last time you saw a blue with more than 3 affixes on it?

It's the amount of affixes it's able to roll.
Reply Quote
so a yellow doesn't roll the affixes with a higher range. just wanted to be sure about that.

that's what needs to change. a blue right roll int for example from 10-500 (or whatever), but a yellow should roll it from (100-500), and a leg from (250-500). or something like that.

and lets not pretend there is any use for blues currently (other than maybe mf for followers), people don't even pick up blues let alone check their stats.
Reply Quote
With reduced droprates I am honestly thinking about quitting.. (that should make some people happy). I wish this game would have been better. It's ok. Good even.. But it's still a step down from D2 for me.

In D2 I found a Unique about every 10 minutes.. in D3 it's more like every 2 hours. I only play 2 hours in a day if I am lucky. Currently there are many days where I don't even find a legendary. Now they want to reduce that. And we still need brimstones so its likely that the ones I do find after a reduced rate will simply be a brimstone anyway.

So reduce the randomness but reduce the droprate.. You might as well have left it alone as it doesn't sound like anything will be changing. Granted I haven't played it yet and time will tell. But currently it just sounds depressing.

Don't forget this is an entire itemization change. Not only will they drop the rate (which will help lower the supply of brimstone like legendaries) but they will be improving the stats and function on ALL legendary. This will mean when you find one it will 99% likely not be brimstone instead of 99% likely to be brimstone (current) or so we hope around those ratios..hell even 50% would be amazing at this point.

I'll believe that when I see it. I'd wager they will change legendaries so they can roll good stuff but you will still mostly find junk 90% of the time. Let them say what they want. Until all stats are either fixed or within like 5% of being fixed properties on legendaries, you will still find ton of worthless junk.

It cannot go to 99% likely not to be brimstone or we would run short of brimstones. I'd guess more like 50% likely. Which would mean you will still find a dozen or more in a row that are worthless.. and with cutting the abyssmal drop rate even lower, I may still not find anything for weeks if not months on end that has any significant value. Significant is 20+ million to me. On top of that if they are making things more likely to be of use, this will again lower the value of them in the AH because everyone will be finding them, so again we will just wind up finding gear that doesn't give us the value we want. Who knows.. time will tell, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 3/19/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been arguing for a LONG time the rare drop system was terrible for the game.

Maybe now Diablo can move on from the "1 million drop" ideology to "quality drop" phase.

You were right it was terrible.. but not because we all found lots of legendaries.

They should leave the drop rate alone and then change the legendaries to not be nearly as random.
Reply Quote
In D2 I found a Unique about every 10 minutes..
No you didn't

Uhh ya I did. When you have over 500 MF in D2 it actually does something.

Just run D over and over and almost every run a Unqiue would drop. Sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 3/19/2013 5:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We don't pick up most rares anyways, so making them somewhat less frequent, but more worth picking up, would have little to no effect whatsoever on my farming income. I suppose a big change might make crafting a little more expensive, but the primary cost for me is Eadric's fee. I'm glad the ramifications are being considered though.

I do really want to emphatically say I'm hoping that this idea here comes through:

One idea that we have discussed is “targeted Legendaries,” where named NPCs have an increased chance of dropping specific legendary items. For example, The Butcher could have an increased chance of dropping The Butcher's Cleaver.

The idea of farming FOR something specifically is really something important that was entirely missing in release D3, and is still mostly missing. I like the additions and changes that you guys have implemented, but farming is still a matter of pulling the slot lever as many times as possible for something worth selling on the AH.

Even if you did, for example, give the Lacuni a higher chance to drop Lacuni Prowlers, and give Lacuni Prowlers a higher chance to roll with your character's primary stat, or give the Skeleton King (not that he's THE Immortal King, but, you know, ideas) a decent chance to drop a piece of the Immortal King's set--which I think would be awesome changes--that slot machine approach may still be the most effective way to farm.

But it wouldn't be the only way.
Edited by Benedict#1949 on 3/19/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you Travis, we really appreciate you are taking the time to read the threads and give us some answers, keep it up!
Reply Quote
how about skill % ? and the chance of dropping something like reduce cooldown for zombiedog or any other skill ? will they be increased aswell ?
Reply Quote
Wouldn't an easy solution (as far as $$, not crafting) be to simply up the value on blues? That way, we actually pick them up and sell them as a source of gold in between the (hopefully) more worthwhile rares.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]