Diablo® III

Question about upcoming drop rate changes

Great question OP. Thanks for responding Travis!
Reply Quote
Do you reduce the drop rate of legendaries as well?
Reply Quote
View profile
The vendor prices were too low to begin with considering the difference between a bad rare and a good rare is several hundred gold (vendor sale price) and whites after level 5 weren't worth the time to click on them.

I expected a bit more difference in selling a 4 affix rare and 6 affix rare. ... but if things vendored for more .. then there would be even more inflation than there is now.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 03:13 PMPosted by TopStock
don't we all have billions by now?? who cares about an extra 2k per item?

lol lol lol Really?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 03:13 PMPosted by TopStock
don't we all have billions by now?? who cares about an extra 2k per item?

Plus hopefully it won't be just an extra 2k. If they already vendor for 2k, if they decrease the drop rate to 25% of what it is now, then things should vendor for 4x as much (8k). I'm hoping for at least 5k rare vendors. :D
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Snoofo
With the reduced drop rate for rates planned for rares, considering vendoring is a source of income for some, is there any plan to increase the price in which they are vendored for to compensate?

Good question, thought about it too
Reply Quote
Hello all and sry for my bad english =(
If droprate is changing = not many items, but better stats = lesser craft items = price expensive for craft items------->all ppl who know it farm and buy this items and resell them for higher price dont forget this
after all craft items still useless ----->that means found items must be are very good better as craft items
and much more
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Travis Day
As designers part of our job is to understand and be aware of the ripples caused by changes we make. Reducing the drop rate of items in the future will certainly impact the rate at which players acquire gold and crafting materials and we will adjust values where necessary to compensate for this.

Can you just give us the straight dope on the ladder system? Every thread made about ladder get deleted and the mods are ignoring the questions. Are we getting ladder or not?
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Travis Day
As designers part of our job is to understand and be aware of the ripples caused by changes we make.

This game does not need any avoidance of ripples, but an abundance. So many ripples that in fact it needs a full force tsunami. Oh, and as a designer, your job is to make me happy, so go play D2/LOD for a while and learn how it's done.
Reply Quote
^ lol I think Travis is the only one who has played them. He's the one you shouldn't be saying that to. lol He sounds like he knows what he's doing. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]