Diablo® III

D3 + D2 + PoE = Great Game

What would the game look like if we could smash all good qualities from each game into 1 game :)

D3
Shared Stash
More Gem Levels
Prettiness
Paragon Leveling (IMO)

D2
Ladder System
Change between Acts easily
Unique Character Skills (ie. Druid Shapeshift, Sorc Blizz, Asn Traps)
Meaningful Unique/Runeword Items
Offline Mode

PoE
Events/Races for rewards
Talent Tree (It's a little overwhelming but I like it, IMO)
Character Stat Preference (but no manditory) (ie. Str, Str/Dex, Dex, Dex/Int, Int, Int/Str)
End Game Maps

Torchlight
Mods

This is a just a real quick list of things I thought of real quick... What would you add?
Edited by Faiyth#1238 on 3/15/2013 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I always thought that Path of DiabloLight would be the best game.

PoE + D3 + Torchlight 2 = epicness all around!
Reply Quote
I never played Torchlight... What would you add to D3 from it?
Reply Quote
Don't forget D3 combat!
I hear PoE gets better later on, but I never made it past the low levels to see.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 has:

An amazing synergy between ability points and your skills! Like seriously, within each class there are many viable builds that will completely change your playstyle and what gear you want to go for. The best out of all 3 games.

Fun and difficult challenges that are activated by killing a rare monster that brings up a portal.

Great end-game maps, maybe an endless dungeon in the future (was in TL1 as a mod)

Ability to MOD!

Great gear options for all levels

Vendor gambling!

Lots of different monsters, many more than Diablo 3 has for instance.

Offline mode!

And a bunch more - I just got bored with TL2 because I'm still waiting for them to release their modding toolset, I think a lot of great community mods are on the horizon.

Edit: Oh and if we want to make the game completely epic, can't forget to add in a good storyline - Neither D3, PoE or TL2 have that though...
Edited by Fizzmopper#1811 on 3/15/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I totally agree with MODS! SC wouldn't be SC without them. Would be sweet to see what people could do with some D3 mods.

Offline mode was a biggy I forgot
Reply Quote
Also

TL2 music is about even with PoE, but both are better than D3.

Graphics and animations D3 wins, but aren't nearly as dark and gothic as they should be, so PoE probably takes the lead for scenery.

PoE does a great job with making all loot drops more or less valuable with their currency system.
Reply Quote
D3 + D2 + PoE + Torchlight2? YES TO ALL!! And put betting on pvp (once it's fleshed out). Even if you personally won't, you have to admit there is a market for it. All the "Get on my lvl." and "I would crush you in PvP!" bull!@#$ you see in allmost ANY mmo, let people bet on them like its a cockfight. Make it regional that the AHs and game realms are and enforce IP location. If anyone finds a way around it, Blizz shouldn't get blamed. Where there's a will (and money) people will find a way.
Edited by Kroak#1233 on 3/15/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Faiyth
I never played Torchlight... What would you add to D3 from it?

Shrines that give you ability to gamble a new roll onto an item with an increasing chance to break the item for each time it is rolled.

That was just awesome. Until you broke your item of course.

Also If I was a rich Mofo like Bill gates or someone of that level I'd totally make a game that combined them all.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 3/15/2013 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Add the itemization in PoE to that list and I like it.
Reply Quote
What would the game look like if we could smash all good qualities from each game into 1 game :)

D3
Shared Stash
More Gem Levels
Prettiness
Paragon Leveling (IMO)

D2
Ladder System
Change between Acts easily
Unique Character Skills (ie. Druid Shapeshift, Sorc Blizz, Asn Traps)
Meaningful Unique/Runeword Items
Offline Mode

PoE
Events/Races for rewards
Talent Tree (It's a little overwhelming but I like it, IMO)
Character Stat Preference (but no manditory) (ie. Str, Str/Dex, Dex, Dex/Int, Int, Int/Str)
End Game Maps

Torchlight
Mods

This is a just a real quick list of things I thought of real quick... What would you add?

I agree, someone who would sucessfully pull from all these games could create a masterpiece.
Reply Quote
I think we need to throw the game Castle of the Winds in there too.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Goodbrew
I think we need to throw the game Castle of the Winds in there too.

The old roguelike?
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Kroak
The old roguelike?

Windows 3.1 FTW!

It was my first Roguelike - that game was so epic. I still play it for nostalgia kicks every now and then (run windows 3.1 in dosbox).

What I like most about it is the simplicity, and that there isn't really a 'class' but your character molds to how you want to play as you distribute stats. Imo, that is when stat allocation has meaning, when it creates your class rather than improves your class.
Edited by Goodbrew#1305 on 3/15/2013 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Seems that a new game need to be made. Blizz, start talking with GGG and Runic (switch those names around if you want to). Make an epic game and split everything three ways.
Reply Quote
Never underestimate the ability of Blizzard to take ideas from other games and integrate them in their own perfectionistic way.
Reply Quote
Naah, the best thing will be if Activion and EA merged and produce

Simablo.

Imagine the game where you can create house, having spouse, interact with your neighbour, having kids, and getting money from dungeon crawling/monster hunting (you can do it in style too, bikini, black suit or whatever strike your fancy)

Your character can die permanently too, however the legacy will be continued by your children, if you're too busy to have any, you can always adopt.

The content will be practically unlimited..
Reply Quote
Naah, the best thing will be if Activion and EA merged and produce

Simablo.

Imagine the game where you can create house, having spouse, interact with your neighbour, having kids, and getting money from dungeon crawling/monster hunting (you can do it in style too, bikini, black suit or whatever strike your fancy)

Your character can die permanently too, however the legacy will be continued by your children, if you're too busy to have any, you can always adopt.

The content will be practically unlimited..

They have this game already... Rune Factory is basically this exact game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]