Diablo® III

Diablo 3 minimizing itself

game keeps minimizing itself every few seconds its very annoying

it can be fixed if u run game in windowed (fullscreen) mode but it lags like hell for me

and i also don't have any antivirus or programs running in background

old thread : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051975291
Edited by Histerix#2516 on 3/15/2013 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Histerix,

Leave the game in fullscreen mode and try rebooting once in selective startup mode and see if it still happens.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/backgroundapps?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote
Similar happened to me out of nowhere. I do tech support so I had an idea of what to do.
I wrote down the time sit happened and turned out to be always on a 15 minute increment.
Checked event viewer logs and a citrix application I use for work was running. This would check for an update, even though its all behind the scenes, that would cause a minimize..
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
TheGlow, you are 100% correct that this is usually caused by other applications on the user's computer taking priority. The OP just needs to figure out which application is doing it. It is not an issue with D3 in and of itself.
Reply Quote
Histerix,Leave the game in fullscreen mode and try rebooting once in selective startup mode and see if it still happens.http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/backgroundapps?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

it worked Thanks
Reply Quote
That means an application that was set to autostart at bootup is the cause for your D3 minimizing. You don't want to keep booting this way, you need to figure out which app it is and take steps to stop it from interfering, usually by removing scheduling for updates or something like that.
Reply Quote
i know this is silly question but HOW ??
Reply Quote
how am i supposed to change it to windowed mode if i cant even log in, it minimizes almost instantly every time
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Close the game if it's open and then edit your D3Prefs.txt file in your My Documents\Diablo III folder.

Change the line:

DisplayModeWindowMode "0"

to

DisplayModeWindowMode "1"

Restart the game now and it will be in windowed mode.
Reply Quote
I just fixed my problem (minimized every 1 minute!!!)
It was the TuneUp Utility, I tried setting it on Turbo Mode and it fixed the problem.

Try finding the application that's causing it - disable or close one at a time
Reply Quote
I just turned off my Run in Admin setting and the minimizing seems to have stopped. Hope this helps
Reply Quote
Similar happened to me out of nowhere. I do tech support so I had an idea of what to do.
I wrote down the time sit happened and turned out to be always on a 15 minute increment.
Checked event viewer logs and a citrix application I use for work was running. This would check for an update, even though its all behind the scenes, that would cause a minimize..

Glad I found this,

I use a Citrix Receiver on my PC too and the game keeps Minimizing.

gonna try to turn it off during gaming and see if that helps,

-Ach
Reply Quote
Citrix Receiver caused two problems for me:
1. Diablo 3 would minimize, often
2. Diablo 3 would have really bad latency (or lag if you prefer), unplayably bad

Extremely frustrating.

To work around these problems, I go to Windows Task Manager and kill receiver.exe (cause of problem 1) and redirector.exe (cause of problem 2).

When I need to connect to the office, I just double click the Citrix Receiver application.

When done, I task kill receiver.exe again. redirector.exe does not seem to start with the app, only on boot.

Sometimes, the process concentr.exe remains after a connection to work. I then also have to process kill this.
Edited by Matakitas#6146 on 12/19/2013 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]