Diablo® III

Plague of Duplicate Items

I know its not a terribly popular topic, but I wanted to get some other opinions and maybe even an official word on this problem. If anyone else has looked, they would notice the obvious abundance of duplicated high-level items in the top spots on the gold and real money auction houses. This has almost totally frozen game progression for anyone playing at the highest level with the foresight to realize that these items are not originals and are not safe to buy. Is there any plan to fix this or should we all just cash out and quit now?
Reply Quote
They are safe to buy.

This cannot really be fixed, unless they choose to stop rolling back accounts that have been hacked.
Reply Quote
They are safe to buy.

This cannot really be fixed, unless they choose to stop rolling back accounts that have been hacked.

I've always avoided purchase of these items on fears of someday they'd track and delete them. How do you know that they're safe?
Reply Quote
The discussion basically said they are all from roll backs, or people faking hacks to get rollbacks.
They are real items, and therefore won't poof. But it is a problem.
Reply Quote
I've been given the assurances of a few high level traders that these items are not necessarily due to rollbacks, but the result of an unknown duping process probably occurring outside the US. Is anybody aware of what this process might be or how bliz can combat it?
Reply Quote
Why would it be location dependent?
And no, it's due to rollbacks. This has been confirmed.
It's a necessary evil of having rollbacks.
Reply Quote
You should be happy that so many high end dupe items are driving everything to be cheaper than ever. Buying one or not is your own personal choice.
Reply Quote
Yes, should be fine, driving prices down for the rest of us.

Why do we need to sell out and quit? Not everyone is looking to profit lol.
Reply Quote
It really isn't affecting the economy in any way, those "dupes" are still too expensive.

The economy is only screwed if high end items are selling for a few million in the AH.
Reply Quote
You are wrong. Just look at how cheap a 1300+ manticore now compare to a month ago. This doesn't even include how cheap gold is now.
Reply Quote
nvm. youre all dumb if you think it is necessary or a good thing in some way. it is the single biggest problem in the game at the highest level, which I don't expect many to understand. not looking for a debate or even a conversation. fix this stuff blizzard or the game is over
Reply Quote
haha base on your gears, You will definitely not understand, and it isn't remotely relative to you to be honest.
Reply Quote
haha base on your gears, You will definitely not understand, and it isn't remotely relative to you to be honest.
Reply Quote
If you think the duping of items only 0.000001% of the pop can afford is the biggest issue in this game... Well... You sir are about as observant as Helen Keller in a mirror maze.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Cyon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]