Diablo® III

Some Passive Suggestions.

Thrill of The Hunt

Currently: Every 7 seconds, your next skill that costs Hatred will immobilize your target for 2 seconds.
New: Every 3 seconds, your next skill that costs Hatred will immobilize your target(s) for 2 seconds.
Immobilized targets take 75% more damage.

Hot Pursuit:

Currently: Whenever you are at full Hatred, movement speed is increased by 15%.
New: Whenever you are at full Hatred, movement speed is increased by 15%. (Now goes over cap)
Increase all hatred regeneration by 30%

Archery:

Currently:Gain a bonus based on the weapon type of your main hand weapon:
Bow: 15% increased damage
Crossbow: 50% Critical Hit Damage
Hand Crossbow: 10% Critical Hit Chance

New:Gain a bonus based on the weapon type of your main hand weapon:
Dual Wielding: 10% Crit Chance, 15% Attack Speed (this is added to the bonus 15% obtained from dual wielding already).

Brooding:

Currently:You gain 1% of your maximum Life per second.
New: You gain 2% of your maximum Life per second.

Steady Aim:

Current: As long as there are no enemies within 10 yards, all damage is increased by 20%.
New: Increase all damage by 25%, Reduces life by 15%.

Grenadier:

Current:Increases Hatred generated from Grenades by 2 and reduces the Hatred cost of Cluster Arrow by 10. Upon death, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for 450% weapon damage as Fire.
New: Increases Hatred generated from Grenades by 2 and reduces the Hatred cost of Cluster Arrow by 20. When below 15% life, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for 1200% weapon damage as Fire.

Nightstalker:

Current: Critical Hits have a chance to restore 1 Discipline.
New: Critical Hits have a chance to restore 1.5 Discipline.

Custom Engineering:

Current:The duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry is increased by 100%.
Increases the maximum number of Sentries to 3 and Spike Traps to 6.
New:The damage of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry is increased by 50%.

Not really the best ideas ever just some things I thought could improve the class but not make us too OP, Couldn't really think up anything for Sharpshooter, Vengeance and Ballistics. My belief is that passives should alter builds significantly and be useful at throughout the game, we really don't don't have many build changing passives as it stands. If anyone else has some suggestions I'd like to hear them.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 3/18/2013 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Almost all of these I agree with, all but nightstalker. I feel that passive is potent enough. Thrill of the hunt with your suggestion seems a bit too OP as well.
Reply Quote
Ballistics

Current : Dmg from rockets increased by 50%.

Suggest : Triple the rockets. Rockets now hit all targets within 10 yards.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Trivan
Almost all of these I agree with, all but nightstalker. I feel that passive is potent enough. Thrill of the hunt with your suggestion seems a bit too OP as well.

Looking a it I agree, the damage boost to immobilized target should be reduced some more. But it's the idea that counts right?
Reply Quote
Oh absolutely, I love the new ideas, brings up the appeal of more than your typical passive abilities.
Reply Quote
+1 on that dual wielding Archery suggestion. Seriously.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 10:59 PMPosted by AdeptN7
+1 on that dual wielding Archery suggestion. Seriously.

Yeah I feel dual wielding should do the most damage overall, at the cost of losing defensive stats.
Reply Quote
I think the most important thing is for all these suggestions and buff request to be seen by one of the blues. We have seen numerous threads but no acknowledgement or feedback from them. Hopefully we will get some positive replies
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 08:12 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Increase all damage by 25%, Reduces life by 15%.

i stopped reading after that...
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 10:02 AMPosted by hmk21
Increase all damage by 25%, Reduces life by 15%.

i stopped reading after that...

Well if you got to the bottom of the post you'd have seen this.
03/17/2013 08:12 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Not really the best ideas ever just some things I thought could improve the class but not make us too OP

And really I'd take any constructive criticism, I think Blizzard wants a cost to be attached to using Steady Aim, hence the 10 yard distance, adding a life penalty to Steady Aim will make it desirable but not required. The last thing we need now is another required passive, look how bad it is with Archery where almost everyone has to take it except some 2h xbow users.
Reply Quote
this is taken from that other passives discussion thread where i posted some ideas as well.

I'd like to see more passives that enhance our class and not dumb it down to a melee class and encourage tanking. The only way to do that, I think, is give us MUCH MORE DPS. let us shoot down the enemy from range. FROM RANGE. thereby encouraging the ranged play the class was designed for. Steady aim should be 100% increase. now you will actually think about staying away from face tanking demons.

I don't like the current state of passives where 2 feel mandatory and 1 is open but taken by a build specific one but lacking in that category.

I want passives to all be great. I want it to be such a hard choice to choose passives because theres so many options and great BUFFS. thats what a passive is supposed to do, buff a char. not by a slim margin either.. we worked our way up to get that passive. the reward needs to be greater as well as the earlier passives need to be viable and competing with the later passives.

-Remove steady aim and attach it to archery. So what ever ranged weapon you choose, you get the damage buff WHEN AT RANGE. duhh.

Buff ALL our hatred spenders. add another 150-250% in some cases. or reduce the cost so we can fire 4 instead of 2 LFB. making up for the damage loss by firing more.
Buff the generators a bit too.
Fix dual wield. Who likes carrying around a little dinky 1 hander and quiver.. its shameful for the dualwielders. strap on 20%ias with the archery passive. yes 20. let those dualies have insane attack speed! they got 2 weapons! they hit for way less than bow/xbow anyways.

while we're playing with passives..

archery
dualwield (an extension to the 1handxbow category) - must DUAL WIELD TO RECIEVE BONUS. 10cc and another 20% IAS on top of the 15% you gain from dual wielding.

bow - 30% damage buff. more really, because the damage needs to be upped to have it compete with manti/calamity builds. 45% could be a sweet spot.

xbow -50cd is nice but lets take it further, 100 would be better. Lets go 150%. Make that weapon choice be the crit champion. it suffers for the slower attack speed so let it hit like a tank.

thrill of the hunt - lets make it thrilling. rooting is boring. and every 7 seconds? come on..
change to - every enemy killed with a hatred spender has a 20% chance (or more?) to explode with shadow energy for 150% weapon damage in a 7 yard radius. THRILLING. encourages frantic hatred spending and just rewards for doing it.

cull the weak
-buff. we need 30-40%.. not 20%. the slow isn't perma, we need to work for the slow (I know cold soj, but let that be powerful then!). Again, this encourages strategic play with a strategic class.

brooding snoooooze. come on, we are ranged. we don't want health regen like a monk.
-brooding now regens hatred by 15 per second as long as no enemies are within 15 yards. encourages ranged play and lets you dump hatred like a BAUSS! now you will be really brooding!

hot pursuit really this needs to be a flat movement speed bonus minus the hatred requirement. and above MS cap. then we might think about it.

numbing traps buff damage reduc to 35%. on par with everyone else.

perfectionist buff also. Make this skill into a what a master dh wants.
disc usage reduced by 50% encouraging a perfect play style with disc skills - more vaults and smokes. remove the ehp buffing parts. we are not tanks nor should be try to be. this is a ranged dps class.. well it used to be.

custom engineering lets have more fun with this. its going in a good direction, lets keep things interesting.
-all setup/timer delay skills are reduced to 0. this includes bolas, bouncy grenades, spike traps and turrets. got enough hatred to throw out 3 turrets? now you can plant em as fast as you can click. that sounds like a custom engineer who knows what he's doin.

grenadier I like the above change of below 30% health now drop a stunning big bomb.. or.
-grenade skills are 100% more effective. radius of explosion is JW-ed. doubled. damage is doubled. grenades from Cluster Arrow are also affected. damage is upped with passive as well as radius.

sharpshooter leave the crit chance stacking. dodge chance increased by 25% of current base crit chance. movement speed increased by 20%, can stack above MS cap. Damage taken encreased by 25%. this encourages you to be a sharp shooter. you now have increased mobility and chance to dodge and wait for that perfect shot with max crit.

ballistics the final passive unlocked and no one touches it..revamp this sucker. leave the damage% for rockets or buff it slightly. 80% would be nice.
-enchants DH with an attack speed aura that is effective in a 30 yard radius and to any sentry he/she may plant.
-increases attack speed of all ballistics fired by 15% and a 20% chance for all attacks fired to pierce target. turrets get a 15% ias buff
-follower shoots faster. fellow party members shoot* (must be ranged attacks) faster. a true ballistics buffing passive. let those arrows fly!
Reply Quote
this is taken from that other passives discussion thread where i posted some ideas as well.

I'd like to see more passives that enhance our class and not dumb it down to a melee class and encourage tanking. The only way to do that, I think, is give us MUCH MORE DPS. let us shoot down the enemy from range. FROM RANGE. thereby encouraging the ranged play the class was designed for. Steady aim should be 100% increase. now you will actually think about staying away from face tanking demons.

I don't like the current state of passives where 2 feel mandatory and 1 is open but taken by a build specific one but lacking in that category.

I want passives to all be great. I want it to be such a hard choice to choose passives because theres so many options and great BUFFS. thats what a passive is supposed to do, buff a char. not by a slim margin either.. we worked our way up to get that passive. the reward needs to be greater as well as the earlier passives need to be viable and competing with the later passives.

-Remove steady aim and attach it to archery. So what ever ranged weapon you choose, you get the damage buff WHEN AT RANGE. duhh.

Buff ALL our hatred spenders. add another 150-250% in some cases. or reduce the cost so we can fire 4 instead of 2 LFB. making up for the damage loss by firing more.
Buff the generators a bit too.
Fix dual wield. Who likes carrying around a little dinky 1 hander and quiver.. its shameful for the dualwielders. strap on 20%ias with the archery passive. yes 20. let those dualies have insane attack speed! they got 2 weapons! they hit for way less than bow/xbow anyways.

while we're playing with passives..

archery
dualwield (an extension to the 1handxbow category) - must DUAL WIELD TO RECIEVE BONUS. 10cc and another 20% IAS on top of the 15% you gain from dual wielding.

bow - 30% damage buff. more really, because the damage needs to be upped to have it compete with manti/calamity builds. 45% could be a sweet spot.

xbow -50cd is nice but lets take it further, 100 would be better. Lets go 150%. Make that weapon choice be the crit champion. it suffers for the slower attack speed so let it hit like a tank.

thrill of the hunt - lets make it thrilling. rooting is boring. and every 7 seconds? come on..
change to - every enemy killed with a hatred spender has a 20% chance (or more?) to explode with shadow energy for 150% weapon damage in a 7 yard radius. THRILLING. encourages frantic hatred spending and just rewards for doing it.

cull the weak
-buff. we need 30-40%.. not 20%. the slow isn't perma, we need to work for the slow (I know cold soj, but let that be powerful then!). Again, this encourages strategic play with a strategic class.

brooding snoooooze. come on, we are ranged. we don't want health regen like a monk.
-brooding now regens hatred by 15 per second as long as no enemies are within 15 yards. encourages ranged play and lets you dump hatred like a BAUSS! now you will be really brooding!

hot pursuit really this needs to be a flat movement speed bonus minus the hatred requirement. and above MS cap. then we might think about it.

numbing traps buff damage reduc to 35%. on par with everyone else.

perfectionist buff also. Make this skill into a what a master dh wants.
disc usage reduced by 50% encouraging a perfect play style with disc skills - more vaults and smokes. remove the ehp buffing parts. we are not tanks nor should be try to be. this is a ranged dps class.. well it used to be.

custom engineering lets have more fun with this. its going in a good direction, lets keep things interesting.
-all setup/timer delay skills are reduced to 0. this includes bolas, bouncy grenades, spike traps and turrets. got enough hatred to throw out 3 turrets? now you can plant em as fast as you can click. that sounds like a custom engineer who knows what he's doin.

grenadier I like the above change of below 30% health now drop a stunning big bomb.. or.
-grenade skills are 100% more effective. radius of explosion is JW-ed. doubled. damage is doubled. grenades from Cluster Arrow are also affected. damage is upped with passive as well as radius.

sharpshooter leave the crit chance stacking. dodge chance increased by 25% of current base crit chance. movement speed increased by 20%, can stack above MS cap. Damage taken encreased by 25%. this encourages you to be a sharp shooter. you now have increased mobility and chance to dodge and wait for that perfect shot with max crit.

ballistics the final passive unlocked and no one touches it..revamp this sucker. leave the damage% for rockets or buff it slightly. 80% would be nice.
-enchants DH with an attack speed aura that is effective in a 30 yard radius and to any sentry he/she may plant.
-increases attack speed of all ballistics fired by 15% and a 20% chance for all attacks fired to pierce target. turrets get a 15% ias buff
-follower shoots faster. fellow party members shoot* (must be ranged attacks) faster. a true ballistics buffing passive. let those arrows fly!

Some of your ideas are nice but the numbers are way off, for example Bows can compete with the dps of Calamties and Manticores, just not Windforces as it has no innate crit damage, but rare bows can. Baking Steady Aim into Archery will definitely have some interesting applications, but don't you think it makes Archery too powerful and too required? Think about it this way if this was implemented, in what scenario would you think to drop Archery?

I really like your thrill of the hunt suggestion. It does certainly sound thrilling.

No delay on Spike traps for CE engineering does definitely make it a build changing passive.

I think Perfectionist in it's current form is pretty powerful, but that's just me.

I actually really like the Sharpshooter suggestion.

I think Brooding should stay as it is, consider that while it is not popular on SC it is used by HC demon hunters.

Overall some good suggestions.
Reply Quote
thanks @BurningJC007. I know the numbers are a little wacko lol, I was just trying to get attention and spark interest with them :D

Archery is used by pretty much everyone already, this was my thinking. So lets bake it up some more and help inflate our dps -especially from range and create a hole for a new passive to fill with SA being gone from the list.

Yes I was a little skewed being a WF user/lover... rare bows can be very mighty. Things will change when *add socket to item* becomes available..

perfectionist is kind of "meh" to me right now in its current state. It does a lot, I agree, and in nice areas. A buff to 15% or 20% would make it really appealing. The reduced disc % could use the only buff really. I said to remove the other EHP stuff to maybe balance it out, otherwise ya, it starts looking like a GG passive for everyone.

Brooding I want to see changed to a hatred regen and exciting kind of passive because the life regen (in its current amount) is far too weak. even at a 2% rate, it still feels like a waste. I know, I don't have HC exp to speak from, but this amount of health regen can be found on gear easier than stacking vit to make the % add up to something nice? Maybe not self found gear.. but still.

another idea for change - vengeance.
I do like where this skill is right now, its fun and useful in the lower mp or with a WD party member where globes are plentiful.
Change it to be similar to barb passive animosity. max hate increased by 25 increase hate regen by 7 or some nice amount. barb is increase fury gen by 20% and max fury by 20

I hope these threads can spark some actual changes to our DH game play. Its sad, but I've been playing the Monk class because life is so easy running around going BELLOSM on everything. And I've mained DH since release (yes I'm a casual player no RMAH hero either). Change is coming, it has to. Again I'm hoping threads like these get read by the right people :D
Reply Quote
Hot Pursuit:

Currently: Whenever you are at full Hatred, movement speed is increased by 15%.
New: Whenever you are at full Hatred, movement speed is increased by 15%. (Now goes over cap)
Increase all hatred regeneration by 30%

When will you be able to use it, in between mobs? Once you fire you have to stop unless it's something like strafe but you use hatred so you won't meet the requirements either. Now take a barb at 20% sprint, you can use it anytime with any skill.

Archery:

Currently:Gain a bonus based on the weapon type of your main hand weapon:

New:Gain a bonus based on the weapon type of your main hand weapon:
Dual Wielding: 10% Crit Chance, 15% Attack Speed (this is added to the bonus 15% obtained from dual wielding already).

I would double or triple that. A barb can get 5% crit and 50% crit damage in one. Doesn't matter what you holding. Or if you want to compare to this rune.

Swords/Daggers: 15% increased damage
Maces/Axes: 10% Critical Hit Chance
Polearms/Spears: 10% attack speed
Mighty Weapons: 3 Fury per hit

Steady Aim:

Current: As long as there are no enemies within 10 yards, all damage is increased by 20%.
New: Increase all damage by 25%, Reduces life by 15%.

Increase by 25% but no reduce life. I don't know of any other skill that nerfs you.

Nightstalker:

Current: Critical Hits have a chance to restore 1 Discipline.
New: Critical Hits have a chance to restore 1.5 Discipline.

I think it's fine.

Custom Engineering:

Current:The duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry is increased by 100%.
New:The damage of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry is increased by 50%.

I would have it be able to actually custom your turrets. Be able to choose which ones you want. I want aid/guardian/spitfire at the same time.
Reply Quote
Custom Engineering should also just flat out remove the cooldown on Sentries, and allow Spike Traps to go off twice.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 04:07 PMPosted by BLKDRGN
When will you be able to use it, in between mobs? Once you fire you have to stop unless it's something like strafe but you use hatred so you won't meet the requirements either. Now take a barb at 20% sprint, you can use it anytime with any skill.

Well the bonus Hatred generation is always active, to take full advantage of the passive, you'd have to stack some hatred regen or use the bat. When do we really need to move faster? It's usually during the down time between packs and at 30% hatred regen, you should on full hatred a lot of the time during that downtime, that was what I was going for.

Increase by 25% but no reduce life. I don't know of any other skill that nerfs you.

Wizards glasscannon, Blizzard clearly wants this rune to have a cost for the raw power it provides and i don't think 10-15% life is such a bad thing to give up for 25% more damage. The reason I went with a life cost is because the distance requirement makes it useless passive for those with playing tank builds.

I would have it be able to actually custom your turrets. Be able to choose which ones you want. I want aid/guardian/spitfire at the same time.

I don't think this would be feasible, no other passive allows you to use two different runes, so I doubt the devs would make an exception with us.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 04:13 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
Custom Engineering should also just flat out remove the cooldown on Sentries, and allow Spike Traps to go off twice.

Sentry cooldown removal I like, but then Vigilant watcher will have to be redsigned. I'm not so sure about Spike traps though it's already pretty powerful, instead of hitting twice maybe the arming delay should be reduced?
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 04:46 PMPosted by BurningJC007

Sentry cooldown removal I like, but then Vigilant watcher will have to be redsigned. I'm not so sure about Spike traps though it's already pretty powerful, instead of hitting twice maybe the arming delay should be reduced?

Vigilant Watcher should be allowed to throw them distances.

Spike Traps should just come down to specifics, then:

Echoing Blast have a reduced delay between blasts(arming time remain unchanged).

Sticky Trap(should be reworked to do a % of the targets maximum health pool first and foremost and a blast larger than even 20 yards) with CE should have a larger increase of % target's max health as damage.

Lightning Rod(renamed and reworked to either fire off Rockets or Shadow Energy) should go off 6 times with the passive instead of 3 times and increase the size of the trap's activation(in general). Also, the trap should remain until all the charges have hit something.

Long Fuse needs a larger radius in general, and with Custom Engineering should increase its damage for every second it lays idle.

Scatter should arm immediately.
Reply Quote
At least make the turrets crit again.

03/18/2013 04:36 PMPosted by BurningJC007

Well the bonus Hatred generation is always active, to take full advantage of the passive, you'd have to stack some hatred regen or use the bat. When do we really need to move faster? It's usually during the down time between packs and at 30% hatred regen, you should on full hatred a lot of the time during that downtime, that was what I was going for.

Wizards glasscannon, Blizzard clearly wants this rune to have a cost for the raw power it provides and i don't think 10-15% life is such a bad thing to give up for 25% more damage. The reason I went with a life cost is because the distance requirement makes it useless passive for those with playing tank builds.

I don't think this would be feasible, no other passive allows you to use two different runes, so I doubt the devs would make an exception with us.

When would down time occur? About 1 second between mobs or if you so happen to go the wrong way in a map.

Wizards have diamond skin and ice armor to somewhat make up for the loss of life.

I didn't think so but one could wish. At least make our turrets crit again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]