Diablo® III

For people who actually play the game....

Kay guys I'm just gonna throw this out there and you guys let me know if you hate it, I know some of you out there will.

For every elite you kill your magic find and gold find go up 1% to 10% depending on what monster power your playing at. It can go beyond the current cap. Once a legendary drops your magic find and gold find will return to whatever your base level of magic and gold find is according to your paragon level and gear.

I think a system like this would make the game more rewarding for those that play allot and cut down on going weeks without finding anything other than gladiator gauntlets after playing for 6 hours a day on mp9 with max mf.

I already know the Auction house flippers who own the markets and have billions of golds are going to hate this but what do the players that actually play the game think about this?
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Clack
I already know the Auction house flippers who own the markets and have billions of golds are going to hate this but what do the players that actually play the game think about this?

Good idea OP but it wont work for me and many of us.

Im not an AH flipper, I actually play the game every night (2-3hrs). Im max cap at mp7 550% and all I get are crappy legs/sets. I have 2 full stash tabs of them, they wont sell, not even for 500k each.

What needs to be fixed is the loot reward stystem :)
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 09:52 AMPosted by ZaPLaS
What needs to be fixed is the loot reward stystem :)

How does this not completely change the loot reward system? Do you not understand how magic find works or is there something I'm missing here? Do you have a different suggestion?
Reply Quote
hi Clack!!

i posted something kinda similar yesterday: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196653625?page=1

see you ingame =)
Reply Quote
Well OP, I do know how MF % works. But adding more MF % as you suggested is not gonna fix the core issue.

Your idea will give more players more chances to get more legendaries and that is why I said is a good idea.

But then everyone will be like many players are at the moment: stash full of crappy legendaries.

What's good and fun about that?

It sure isnt fun for me to get a lot of legendaries and not being able to use the, or sell them because they are awful
Reply Quote
The higher MP level you farm, the more rares, gold and legendaries you WILL find. I have experimented (as well as countless others) with this, and it makes a huge difference going from 1 to 5 to 10 MP.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 10:40 AMPosted by ZaPLaS
I do know how MF % works

03/19/2013 10:40 AMPosted by ZaPLaS
But then everyone will be like many players are at the moment: stash full of crappy legendaries.

Well according to blizzards explanation on how MF is supposed to work having higher magic find increases the probability that items will roll more properties thus increasing the quality of rares and increasing the frequency of legendary drops.

So in theory this will increase the amount of quality rares and legendary items that drop and not only that but you will get more gold if you don't find any legendary items so you can afford to buy or craft something potentially awesome if you end up not finding anything cool.

Basically what I think this will achieve is giving players who play allot a reward for playing allot which is what many players including myself believe is missing from the game.
Reply Quote
The higher MP level you farm, the more rares, gold and legendaries you WILL find. I have experimented (as well as countless others) with this, and it makes a huge difference going from 1 to 5 to 10 MP.

True

I do a lot of fast runs at mp7-8 (550-575 MF %) for efficiency and I take a screenshot for everyone I find. have like 600+ screenshots. Only 2-3 have been worth something 10mil and 29mil

again, not fun and it doesnt feel like the system is rewarding my efforts :)
Reply Quote
Anyone else have any opinions? People like the game just the way it is? I'm the only one who isn't getting any reward from their time spent playing?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]