Diablo® III

Time to take your profits in Gems...

I have 300k in FST FSR FSE and FST gems. Time to see if I can make my money, and how long it takes for the markets to become depressed.
Reply Quote
And the prices go down....

PANIC... sell sell sell Mortimer
Reply Quote
Sell low so I can buy low. A dew of the gems might continue to call, but other are likely close the bottom for a while. Same goes from Brimestones. When they go back up I have a ton to offload.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 09:31 AMPosted by BOSS
Sell low so I can buy low. A dew of the gems might continue to call, but other are likely close the bottom for a while. Same goes from Brimestones. When they go back up I have a ton to offload.

I love it... if the price goes down, I buy more. If the price goes up too much, I make money.

It's good to have money.
Reply Quote
What do you guys use to keep track of the prices? To know where to tops out and where it bottoms?

I could make a nice spreadsheet of this if I started to keep track.
Reply Quote
What do you guys use to keep track of the prices? To know where to tops out and where it bottoms?

I could make a nice spreadsheet of this if I started to keep track.

I wouldn't bother with that.

I am not sure if I can post a website here, but do a search for 'Auction House Price Tracker Diablo III', and it should lead you to a real good site for historicals. Beyond that, you have to somewhat know the day to day fluctuations, or I think more appropriately, the patch to patch fluctuations. And regardless what people say, some of it is just luck.

But there are a few things you should know before you start dumping your gold into the AH. 1) The 15% tax prevents you from really day trading unless you are just lucky. And the profits you make are just tiny. 2) to really invest, you need a bankroll of about half a bil in gold. 3) you have to invest more as you see prices reaching what you think their lows are, and when it gets below where you thought it would go, is when it becomes even more attractive. And you have to be prepared to slowly unload as you start reachign your highs, and accept the fact that you are not going to make "max" profits, because no one truly knows where the high will be.

So as an example of day trading, I picked up about 150k Tomes at about 350 each yesterday. Last night I sold 50k of them at 490 for 3.5 mil in profit.... but that's literally nothing in terms of real profit. But it was a little bit of a hedge for the others I bought. I still have a buttload, and if the price goes back down below 400, I will continue to add.

So I wouldn't get to geeked on investing, because the shape of the market is more determined by things out of our control - inflation caused by botters, and rules introduced by patches. It's just good to be in a position to take advantage no matter what the situation is.
Reply Quote
Soon enough you will ned an investment manager and ifinancial adviser if you want to be "succesfull" in Diablo 3.

isnt it awesome what the AH and more important real money AH is making out of this game?
Reply Quote
you have invested 300k USD?
Reply Quote
Soon enough you will ned an investment manager and ifinancial adviser if you want to be "succesfull" in Diablo 3.

isnt it awesome what the AH and more important real money AH is making out of this game?

You don't have an investment manager? I wouldn't play this game without one.

In all actuality, the only reason I still play D3 is because of the AH. Otherwise it would have been shelved months ago.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 10:29 AMPosted by abc
you have invested 300k USD?

i invested $59 + applicable tax + $1 to open up my RMAH.

I hope there is no single account that has made 300k in USD.
Reply Quote
there was one guy which made 10 000 $ with Diablo 3 though. And Alkheizer or something also made around 5000$.

That was some 7 months ago though. I doubt you can do the same amount of money without 10 botting acounts.
Reply Quote
I think there are a lot more people making more than a few k from D3 than you think. I don't bot, never had godly gear, and have cashed out multiple times every patch and made over $5k PayPal since launch. Heck two months after launch my original D3 license was revoked since I was too cheap to pay for the wow annual pass but had more than enough spare balance to buy the license back. I'm sure there are plenty of non-botting average gamers like me that love the RMAH :-)
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 3/20/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]